Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Kiniiiiiiii, Stoked for him, big initiation against Eels but I'm more then confident he'll handle everything.

I wonder if we're just going to try get 40 or so mins out of Foran if he plays then send JC to 6. Very keen on seeing JC there as well.

Edit: Foran is playing, bloody hell he's tough.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-05-23 at 11:20 AM.

Yeah man super stoked. Haven’t been this keen for a debut since…umm…ever!
    The kids got it.

Can’t wait to see him given a go.. who has dropped out of the team?

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...-kieran-foran/

I think this is some mind games stuff. We haven't done this at all this year yet suddenly we do a breaking news for Foran playing??? I don't love bringing him on and moving JC if that's the plan. Does he get game time if he's 14? We barely give JC it.

Still exciting.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-05-23 at 11:59 AM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...-kieran-foran/

I think this is some mind games stuff. We haven't done this at all this year yet suddenly we do a breaking news for Foran playing??? I don't love bringing him on and moving JC if that's the plan. Does he get game time if he's 14? We barely give JC it.

Still exciting.
    I don’t think it’s mind games, there was a photo of Foran training yesterday. But yeah idk how Kini will be used other than for injury cover

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    I don’t think it’s mind games, there was a photo of Foran training yesterday. But yeah idk how Kini will be used other than for injury cover
    Yeah, Only thinking is Holbrook has tried to do it a couple times this season already. As long as he gets 30 or so mins I'm happy, No kid should ever debuted in front of their family and not play decent minutes in a game, JC was getting 9 against Dolphins so hopefully Holbrook has a plan.

Seems like an appropriate time to repost this photo of Keano from 2014 when the Titans did a visit to his junior club, the Northcote Tigers, during an away trip v the Warriors

First Grader

Off topic but I remember seeing Dave at the crossing at Burleigh tropicana so often with his surfboard. He was so recognizable by his head and width, He looked like a massive dwarf. What could've been if he could keep a diet.

Awesome pic. Reckon big Dave might be wanting Keano’s autograph soon haha.
    I get big Roger Tuivasa-Sheck vibes about him..electric on the field and humble off it.
    Listened to an interview he did with Peter Psaltis on 4bc a few days after the trial and he sounded like a very grounded and intelligent young man. Everything I’ve seen since backs that up (including todays vids talking about getting the call up). Always shows gratitude and respect to his parents and family. Can tell he’s been raised well.
    Trying not to get carried away cause obviously there’ll be learning curves (on and off the field) but it’s damn hard not to get to excited about him debuting for us and watching him grow at our club. (Pleeease don’t F it up!)

My guess is that he would replace Leeming on the bench

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    My guess is that he would replace Leeming on the bench
    Yeah for sure, I mean how does he get brought into the game

Yeah for sure, I mean how does he get brought into the game
    Oh sorry mate my mistake. Good question. I'd say you'd be right with injury cover. Probably as a precaution in case Foran gets injured again, then JC can slot in at 6 there and Kini can go to the back

I'm really excited and even surprised to see news that he will debut tomorrow. Not sure how that works with also Foran playing.

What a chance to play your first game at Lang Park during Magic Round.

Amazing photo, HS posted. It underlines how important the work with juniors is and when we start to see photos like this it feels like the club is coming of age too.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Special K time: Titans to unleash schoolboy sensation
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...boy-sensation/

If you're good enough, you're old enough... and that certainly is the case for young gun Keano Kini.

At just 19 years of age, the schoolboy sensation is set to become Titan #185 when he makes his NRL debut in front of a sold-out Suncorp Stadium for Magic Round.

It's an incredible feat for the teenager who only six months ago, graduated from Palm Beach Currumbin and was preparing for his first full season in an NRL system as a Titans development player.

But that quickly changed after turning the tables in the Gold Coast's two pre-season challenge matches, becoming a household name overnight with a scintillating second half performance against the Broncos - making a whopping 151 running metres, a line break and two tackle breaks in only 40 minutes of footy.

Fast-tracked into the club's top 30 roster ahead of Round 1, it was only in Kini's wildest dreams that ten weeks later he'd find himself preparing to make his first NRL appearance in front of 50,000 fans.

"I'm still buzzing at the moment... I can't even put it into words right now," he told NRL.com moments after finding out about this debut.

"It's such a proud moment for myself and my family, especially coming over from New Zealand two years ago with my mum and dad.

"They've sacrificed so much for me to come over here, so it's hard to put into words the feeling."

Growing up on the northern shores of New Zealand, the Northcote Tigers junior packed up his life with his parents and moved across the ditch at only age 16 when he was offered the opportunity to join the Future Titans program after being scouted on his potential.

Delivering in his first year as a pathways product, playing a big role in helping PBC to their Queensland Schoolboy Cup triumph, the flashy young gun backed it up last year by winning the Justin Hodges Medal alongside Karl Oloapu - who has also just recently made his debut - as well as lighting it up in the Future Titans' trial matches, most notably with a impressive first-half hat-trick against the Cowboys Under 19s at the backend of 2022.

Upon joining the Gold Coast NRL system full-time, he was elevated straight to the Hostplus Cup where he has averaged 181 run metres - including three games making over 200 metres - as well as chiming in with four tackle busts, a try assist and a line break per match across his first six games for the Burleigh Bears.

It has been an extremely fast rise for Kini, who wants to continually soak everything in and remain humble with every opportunity - advice continually guided by his parents, especially father Mike who was a notable Auckland Rugby League player in his own right.

"It has been pretty fast, and I'm just trying to take it as it comes," he told titans.com.au.

"My mum and dad tell me to just stay humble and take one thing at a time and just learn.

"It's only my first year here at the club and also playing Cup, so I've been learning off the Burleigh boys on the weekends and off the Titans boys when I'm here during the week."

Presenting his debut jersey ahead of his first match, Justin Holbrook was full of admiration for the up-and-coming star, crediting his incredible work ethic, attitude and character to get him to where he is today.

"His work rate is phenomenal. The minute he started pre-season, I loved the way he went about it," the Titans coach said.

"I know our players can’t wait to play with him and it’s always a good indicator when you ask the senior boys about the younger boys coming through. When I mentioned his name, they couldn’t wait to have him in the side with us.

"It’s not until you get to know him… his character is what we love about him the most.

"He’s such a humble, polite friendly guy and as a club, we can’t wait for him to get on the field at some stage.

"I wish him all the best."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gotta say, the condition of this Suncorp turf doesn’t look too accommodating for our fleet footed game breakers and fast paced attacking style

JC & Kini might be slipping and sliding all over the place
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 06-05-23 at 07:15 PM.