Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Why was he even in the side?

I just can't get around Holbrook's bench and his rotations. It's not a 1 off thing, he's been cooked for years now. He seems to be slightly more proactive in pulling people during games but not nearly enough. Clarke hasn't shown much and if he is running leeming on the bench JC has to play reserve grade. Would any top 4 coach have a bench make up of JC, leeming, Clarke and a bloke who hasn't played NRL in years in mikaele?

He needs a serious kick up his **** I just don't understand how the decisions he is making are approved.

Kd have started Haas on right 2RF, stimson bench. Start Clark and bring Liu off bench also.

You can't have such a small bench and then play them all at the same time, I'm.sorry I'm repeating my earlier **** but It is just inexcusable
    Agreed. What in the name of Christ was he thinking having 3 little guys coming off the bench?.

Im all for strengthening the interchange and moving Stimson there. I think no matter what we've got to stop taking Liu & Tino off at the same time, one of those guys has to be on at all times for us to have any sort of chance. Jolliffe was a massive loss for this reason.

Also, Erin Clark is a bit of an odd man out at the moment, not really solving any sort of problem, or adding anything of value.

^all off topic, apologies, but yeah if Holbrook names another stupid bench my support for him will quickly slip.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 25-04-23 at 07:03 PM.

Clark wasn't good on Sunday and obviously needs to work on his D but I wonder how different he'd have gone if we had an extra two big boppers on the bench instead of the little guys.

That bench was crazy and not the first time this year. The rotations couldn't make any sense with that bench no matter what. Holbrook did himself in. I'm not sure he is NRL standard and has the rest of the year to turn it around. I agree with what HS said about the wrong messaging to the players by picking that bench and the "keep playing footy" is only good if it accompanies "roll your sleeves up and get off the line and defend like your life depends on it. They'll be coming to get us but we've worked hard to stop em and now's the time to prove it." Maybe something about the size of the fight in the dog to our small bench players.

If I'm B.White, I'm having a word about bench selections. It's tough to keep your job as a Defensive Coach when the priority isn't on D.

Clark hasn't been good since his last two games of last year. Then we added another 2 years to his contract.
    edit: just realised it's the coach thread mb
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 25-04-23 at 09:35 PM.

First Grader

For as doom and gloom as I've/we've been we're still sitting 10th and can quickly move up the table if we fix these issues however likely Holbrook is to do that. For me the next month leading into our Round 13 bye can be a massive turning point for this team in a positive way as bad as our last 2 weeks have been. At some point the club has to not accept this stuff happening over and over again. Let's see how Holbrook coaches when his job is seriously on the line for next year, He's done if we don't make top 8 I'm assuming.

We've got Eagles, Eels, Knights and Dogs, All winnable games and all away. They might be the biggest games in the clubs history because they're going to decide if we have a new coach in 2024.

On finding another coach, I don't think it needs to be in any rush, We can be talking to all these coaches right now telling them to be patient if we're getting rid of Holbrook and as a team we're probably the best roster you could go to out of teams that might fire coaches. It's only really us, Dragons or Knights I can see getting rid of coaches this year potentially.

Not shooting you as the messenger but man this is a really low qual article

Throws together some random quotes and then makes a list with low-hanging fruit and not much thought behind it

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Not shooting you as the messenger but man this is a really low qual article

Throws together some random quotes and then makes a list with low-hanging fruit and not much thought behind it
    I find it more interesting that the hit pieces have started. This is probably the most pressure Holbrook been under surely

First Grader

It's not really a hit piece is it?? It's a crap article for clicks that's as basic as it gets. Last year Buzz and I think Badel legit said he had been fired after our Newcastle loss haha. Last year he had way more pressure on him then now.

You'll probably find out way more here tbh. I don't know who's our best journalists around the club but when it starts coming from them I'll believe it or local news.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 27-04-23 at 10:13 AM.

Coaches mmm we will only get a up and comer as that all our owner can afford
    out of all cheaper coache John Morris wa good but Shark were on a high and still are
    If you look at Sharks its the player they recruited to be honest that is making that team so good yeah the coach is having the final word
    but you take away a few of the stars in that side then tell me its the coach
    Player make the coach look good Bellyache is stuggling this year but still has a strong roster
    Realistically it our Player that are not doing it really yeah we have a small bench but if they perfrom when the come on we would not be sayng we need a coach players that have a lead like we get and loose do not want to play or do the hard yards they oly want to score but if we are going to get coaches then I say go after Bellyache as GM and sack Mal get Slatter and Smath reunight them together but don not bring up the Ring or shut the F up and back our coach now

Full-stops are good

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Full-stops are good

First Grader

I've recovered from three heart attacks since reading that, but I do agree.

Rep Player

We’re all Titans fans here. There are plenty of donkey supporters for us to mock without turning on our own.

@JAF I agree, stfu and back the coach now

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    We’re all Titans fans here. There are plenty of donkey supporters for us to mock without turning on our own.
    Good point. Hope we can do that in Round 17 at Lang Park.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Thanks for the back up guys ...................................
    Oh yeah an education would of been nice to if I could of got 1 .........................
    hope there is enough full stops this time for you
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................