Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Next Titans Coach (2023 Edition)

I wanted to start a new thread discussion about the options for a new coach that are out there.

All views and ideas welcome. Not necessary a sack Holbrook thread. But it's worth investigating and discussing the options at hand for the short, mid and even long term.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 23-04-23 at 05:54 PM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The only choice is Flanagan

Say what you want but he built the sharks from jokes and also rans into a force and won a premiership against the storm in their peak

That’s the only choice

It’ll probably cost us 800k a year but we have to pay it

Quote from Titans Chairman, Dennis Watt in July 2019.

"We're in no doubt that this is it," Watt said.

"This is the last stand, we have to get it right."

"There are plenty of other people banging on the door who would probably like to launch teams elsewhere."
    https://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/...stand-chairman

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Don't really like any of the other options.

Maybe Flanno. Def not Des.

Pretty sure Holbrook is safe as houses though.

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    The only choice is Flanagan

Say what you want but he built the sharks from jokes and also rans into a force and won a premiership against the storm in their peak

That’s the only choice

It’ll probably cost us 800k a year but we have to pay it
    GREEN TICK

Shane Flanagan or Des - pretty sure Bellamy has a long $$ offer he accepted from Storm where he can just move to GM when he chooses (something like that).

Des and Flanagan both will make the team take pride in the journey and give us some hard ass no nonsense play style. We clearly have a talented team, just need a coach which can get them to play with conviction

First Grader

Bellamy if he's a chance. He has a daughter who lives here I'm pretty sure and if we offered him the bank surely he'd consider it, I think he is moving here or Brisbane when he leaves anyway to be a head of football at Storm but I think he might still want to coach, Just not in Melbourne...

Just offer him the bank... Get Cam Smith down who lives 20 mins away to check standards as well right now and see what mentally is going wrong, He lives close, Just offer him whatever is needed for a few days a week right now..

Des brings a whole bunch of **** with him with the success but Flannigan brings more....

I'd have a little look at Madge, I still think he's a good coach and got screwed at Tigers.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-04-23 at 05:52 PM.

I can't see Bellamy being a possibility. And agree he probably is sorted post coaching at the Storm.

I agree that our squad and juniors are exciting and will turn some heads.

We aren't exactly in the deep holes we once were IMO.

Junior

A bit left field but leave Holbrook as is and in 2025 Bring in Bennet as Coaching Director.
    I think he can coach but needs to understand game management and player management, no better than Ol Wayne in that area.

First Grader

I don't think Flanagan wants to leave Sydney

WE can't afford anymore experiments so whoever it is they need runs on the board IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast 88 View Post
    A bit left field but leave Holbrook as is and in 2025 Bring in Bennet as Coaching Director.
    I think he can coach but needs to understand game management and player management, no better than Ol Wayne in that area.
    Are you really proposing nothing changes until 2025? There's no way the status quo can or will remain that long.

- - - Updated - - -

The obvious options are
    Flanagan
    Hasler
    John Morris (hard done by at the Sharks)
    Maguire

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Are you really proposing nothing changes until 2025? There's no way the status quo can or will remain that long.

- - - Updated - - -

The obvious options are
    Flanagan
    Hasler
    John Morris (hard done by at the Sharks)
    Maguire
    Yes, just imo. Think there is more upside with putting Bennet over the top of JH then starting the whole process again. i would have arrogant, hard markets Bird and Rogers back involved. They wouldn't be back in telling players where they need to improve.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast 88 View Post
    Yes, just imo. Think there is more upside with putting Bennet over the top of JH then starting the whole process again. i would have arrogant, hard markets Bird and Rogers back involved. They wouldn't be back in telling players where they need to improve.
    Pretty sure Bennet hates us because we didn't get him when he wanted a job before Dolphins. He wanted to come here at points from what I remember and always got denied.
    I'd go for Maguire out of that lot or Morris but I don't want to go for someone who's not experienced. If we swap coached I think it's for someone proven... I don't know though.

Mal should take over if he really loves us /s kind of?

Hook will be another one available I would assume not that he is in my top choices.
    Psmitty