Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Hypothetically speaking, would Lofi be opposite Saab?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, would Lofi be opposite Saab?
    If he is selected then yes as Lofi is left wing and Saab right nd Saab is really hitting his straps after injury

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    If he is selected then yes as Lofi is left wing and Saab right nd Saab is really hitting his straps after injury
    Yeah he's looking very good. That's terrifying. Easy 5th tackle kick target for Manly if they're attacking the line

Interesting teamlist coming up

First Grader

It's going to be the first time all our wings/centres are available for selection and someone has to get dropped. I'd say Kelly but I can see Jojo missing out. Wouldn't be surprised if Lofi misses this one either. I can see Maumalo being picked for size and experience. If Schoupp misses out I give up.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 26-04-23 at 10:51 AM.

First Grader

Vuna and Haas in for Mikaele and Leeming. Jojo and Sami keep their spots.

Schoupp in reserves.

I’m glad Jojo is being given an extended opportunity but for as long as BK walks in every week it says to me that we’re not choosing a team with enough emphasis on discipline and the defensive side of the ball.

First Grader

100% HS, Also the bench is still pretty small, I think we need to switch Vuna or Clark with Moe otherwise we're just going to have the same problems happen again. Garrick and Saab on the same side against Kelly and Lofi, Better have their jumping boots onn unless they've swapped them to the left which I trust Jojo and Sami a bit more.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 26-04-23 at 11:09 AM.

Foran pays no penalty for the dolphins game. Great coaching.

First Grader

Tbh if we were vsing literally anyone else I’d be calling for Foran to be dropped, but you’d hope he’s gonna be fired up and switched on against his old club

First Grader

Manly have a huge pack of forwards.

Down the middle they will go.

Glad we got Clarke and Vuna to stop them in their tracks (Gulp)

Clark should have been dropped not Leeming, who's been pretty good for us so far.

It's disappointing the coach still hasn't accommodated JC into the starting side. Hopefully he gets more than 8 minutes this week!

Kelly and Foran should also count their blessings.

I'd rather Sam Mac or Izaak over Vuna too.

It looks like the coach will wait until round 19 to make any real changes just like last year.

Vuna is a fringe guy but he's a much better middle defender than Sam Mac, and Iszac isn't actually available either - he's nursing a bad shoulder and is on a Dev contract

One of Holbrook's problems seems to be managing senior players, imo.

Mo does seem to go better when he starts ... having Clarke in the team is just goddamned ridiculous, he has had more than enough opportunities. Leeming is unfortunate but understandable and will get other chances. Also I feel we should have given Mikaele another chance to find his legs.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

The issue of concern is that Clarke, Vuna, Sam Mc would not be in the top 17 of the majority of other clubs.

We may be competitive with the top 13 (and there are a couple of iffies in their as well such as as BK and Foran) but fall away dramatically when we have a few injuries and need to rely on these players to compete.

Our depth is not our strong point at this current time and we are a couple of years away from our next batch of juniors being NRL ready which is something that has not been well planned from a roster perspective for this year.

I don't love our middle depth and we're really being tested there with JJ out and Stimson on an edge.

The rest of the roster I think our depth is actually pretty good tbh