Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    The former, definitely the former. At least we put ourselves in positions to win games. Both Cows & Knights performances were just awful for the entire game.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Seaside Garbo View Post
    I’m going to play the devil’s advocate but is it better to lead a game 26 nil after 30mins and still be in the game at the last play or get smashed in both halves like what has happened both games so far this week.
    We’ll would depend on the opposition’s contributions to the equation

QLD Cup

After the Broncos game against us, I gave them no hope against the Bunnies. When they couldn't capitalize on their first half dominance, I went to bed. Our issue is a disturbing mental pattern. The Broncs got smashed but next week they can bounce back. I don't have any faith that we have the mental fortitude to do the same.

Sea Eagles v Titans: Turbo ruled out; New faces on bench
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/04/26/...pp-in-the-mix/

The Sea Eagles will shoot for a third-straight win in Round 9 when they take on a Titans side reeling from ending up on the wrong side of history last week.

Manly had to work for it but got the job done eventually against the bottom-placed Wests Tigers last Sunday, with the 22-16 win solidifying their place in the top four.

The Titans will be keen to make amends for their horror second half against the Dolphins last week, with Justin Holbrook's side hardly firing a shot to record what was the equal worst collapse for a loss in Premiership history – coughing up an initial 26-0 lead to lose 28-26 to Wayne Bennett's side.

Statistically both sides have produced high-scoring matches when taking on each other, with an average of 64 combined points being scored in their last three meetings, and while the Titans recorded a 44-22 win on the Gold Coast in their most recent clash last year, prior to that the Sea Eagles won three on the trot.

The match will mark the first for Kieran Foran taking on his old side as a Titan, albeit nothing new for the veteran after previous stints at the Eels, Bulldogs and Warriors.

Team News
    Sea Eagles: Tom Trbojevic (groin) has been ruled out after failing to get through training on Friday with Kaeo Weekes to take his place at fullback. There are no other late changes at this stage. Christian Tuipulotu returns from a knee injury on the wing and Reuben Garrick moves into the centres to replace Brad Parker (knee). Cooper Johns takes over from Josh Schuster at five-eighth. Kelma Tuilagi (concussion) and Karl Lawton (shoulder) are on track to return with veteran prop Aaron Woods listed as 18th man.

Titans: There were no late changes for the visitors in the 24-hour update. Jojo Fifita is set to return to the side at centre and Phil Sami on the wing in a positional switch from the Round 8 loss to the Dolphins. Klese Haas and Joe Vuna have been added to the bench at the expense of Kruise Leeming and Thomas Mikaele.

Stat Attack
    • The Sea Eagles have won three of their past four games against the Titans.
    • The Titans have been outscored 71-52 in consecutive losses.
    • Reuben Garrick has scored 96 points in six games against the Titans.
    • The Titans have won five of their past seven games at 4 Pines Park.
    • The Sea Eagles play their 700th game at 4 Pines Park.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mini GF View Post
    Good Evening
    I hope you are all well.
    The last few years have been terrible for me but I’m fighting on.
    I won’t go further into it.
    I don’t miss social media at all but I decided at the start of this year that I would make an appearance whenever I deem a game to be a “MINI GF”.

Well this is it. Holbrook can survive and our season can still be potentially a positive one if these brain dead and at times heartless super talented footballers turn it around this week and give us a famous win for all the diehard supporters of our beautiful little city.

I still lurk and honestly I lurk because of HS and MDREW.

And yes it is me.

I’ll post again after the MINI GF.
    From one old lurker to another....Best wishes Mr B!
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

I really give us a chance of an upset in this one. It's not like Manly have been traveling too well either.

First Grader

I really give us a chance of an upset in this one. It's not like Manly have been traveling too well either.
    It's a home game for Manly

I’m expecting a bounce back this week.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

I’ve tipped Titans. Trust me at your peril.

Game day, which Titans will we get today?

Definitely a mini GF for us this game, it’s been well commentated on here already but Origin will be a painful period for us… every point matters.

Will Foran fire? How will Holbrook use JC? Will BK repay the faith from the coach? Come on boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    I didn't mean traveling in the literal sense of the word lol

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Yep they're a completely different side at Brookie

5:30pm on a Saturday...should be a rowdy crowd using the hill as their spot for pre's

First Grader

I didn't mean traveling in the literal sense of the word lol
    Well they’re in the top 4…

They were average against Tigers, dog**** against the Panthers a few weeks ago, but they also dominated the Storm a fortnight ago. Hard to get a real read on them but I’m not confident
    Last edited by Titslover; 29-04-23 at 03:50 PM.

Expecting a loss

Watching the phins I’m even more frustrated at how young we are, we’ll be good in a couple seasons I think but still so young and dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Game day, which Titans will we get today?

Definitely a mini GF for us this game, it’s been well commentated on here already but Origin will be a painful period for us… every point matters.

Will Foran fire? How will Holbrook use JC? Will BK repay the faith from the coach? Come on boys!

Great to see you back mate.

All very good questions that I was wondering as well. Soon see in a few hours.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady