Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    We usually get flogged when we don't wear special jerseys to be fair haha.
    Hahahaha

true

Rep Player

Not a chance we move AJ to halves and Tanah to hooker. Too much disruption to the spine and structures we trained with all pre-season just to accommodate JC at fullback. Ignorant journos making up BS as usual.

First Grader

Nine news saying Brimson FB, JC bench and Holbrook contemplating putting Jojo centre and Sami wing Yes please

https://twitter.com/9newsgoldcoast/s...9qQag9WjQgsa7A

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Nine news saying Brimson FB, JC bench and Holbrook contemplating putting Jojo centre and Sami wing Yes please

This is the way

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Is it just me or do we always seem to get flogged whenever we wear *special* jerseys?
    I’m getting flashbacks to last year when I drove all the way down from CQ to watch us dominate the Rabbitohs for 40 then absolute fall apart and get done over in the second half. Those white camo jerseys are burned into my skull haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post

That’s seems toi logical for ole 4D chessmaster Holbrook

First Grader

Benji put his last clinic on us I remember I kept getting confused because both teams wore light colours I think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Fair call but AJ and JC must both play if they are both fit. They've shown over and over again they are both too good to leave out. I'm very happy for Kelly and to a lesser extent Boyd (goal kicking) to make way and we cobble together a lineup that includes our most talented players, however we go about it.

This is where I have no faith in Hurricane going by past history.
    JC needs to start without any doubt in my mind...the dilemma is Clark then becomes the utility and just remind me of what positions he would actually cover. I'm a Clark fan but his lack of versatility may see him as excess

First Grader

Clark is kind of already the utility imo. Covered 5/8th (not great but did a job on defence mostly) and can play every forward position besides 2nd row but could probably do a job there

. I do get keeping him.

JC has to be starting for me like everyone says but if we go with Leeming at 14, I can understand not doing it with Lofi, That's a pretty undersized and underexperienced side so I can understand not doing it now but if Jojo looks like we all think he should all comes down to 6/7. Jojo and Schoupp should be our centres going forward for me easy.

I'm on the bandwagon for Foran at 7 on the left and JC at 6 on the right side fan to see how it is and if it's the best way to go long term, I think we have to make a decision really soon on if JC is going to be in our team and I think the best decision is him at 6 personally due to AJ being so left side heavy, Or at least see how JC plays at

I'm in the camp where I'll be mad and not write letters to Frizell if we lose JC over some guys who probably aren't here in 3 years.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 21-04-23 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Clark is kind of already the utility imo. Covered 5/8th (not great but did a job on defence mostly) and can play every forward position besides 2nd row but could probably do a job there

. I do get keeping him.

JC has to be starting for me like everyone says but if we go with Leeming at 14, I can understand not doing it with Lofi, That's a pretty undersized and underexperienced side so I can understand not doing it now but if Jojo looks like we all think he should all comes down to 6/7. Jojo and Schoupp should be our centres going forward for me easy.

I'm on the bandwagon for Foran at 7 on the left and JC at 6 on the right side fan to see how it is and if it's the best way to go long term, I think we have to make a decision really soon on if JC is going to be in our team and I think the best decision is him at 6 personally due to AJ being so left side heavy, Or at least see how JC plays at

I'm in the camp where I'll be mad and not write letters to Frizell if we lose JC over some guys who probably aren't here in 3 years.
    This is not a bandwagon, it’s you and the guys on that podcast you listen to lol

I just really don’t think you have time in the NRL to try something like that and “see how it is” especially when you’re disrupting something that’s working well already. There’s plenty of collateral that comes with changing major positions like that.

First Grader

Most people here are legit saying JC needs to be in the 13......

How's it just mine and a podcast bandwagon (Brothers who have been coaches who have been heavily involved at Panthers and ones at Dogs NSWRL team coaching currently, Also coached them last year when Mick Potter got called in to be head coach) when most people are calling for it.......

I agree with your second statement, that's why I've said I think we're wasting time on Tannah who imo isn't a long term NRL player. We're still 2 years from knowing what our halves is probably going to be with him and everyone else available and IMO with him we're just pushing it further down the road. We have no clue he's the guy, we chucked him in after Toby last year and he won some games against bad teams..
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 21-04-23 at 09:32 PM.

Google what bandwagon means Cowa. That’s what I meant. I know who the hosts are. You explaining that to me does absolutely nothing to convince me their take on our halves isn’t a poor take haha. A lot of us on here are well credentialed in the game.

Who is calling for Tanah to be dropped for JC? I’ve honestly only seen you say it (via your podcast pals)

Right, we’re back at the “Tanah isn’t a long term nrl player so we’re wasting time” thing. Thought we’d covered this

Rep Player

I don’t think JC has to be in the 13 if AJ is fit and I certainly don’t see him as a halfback. He could potentially play 6 if two of Foran/Tanah/Toby go down or centre if Kelly needs to be dropped but otherwise 14 is his spot for now.

First Grader

Yeah I'm fine with him at 14 (don't love it with Leeming) but most people are wanting him in the 13 from what I've seen in the previous 4 pages here and every fan base page available so I'm a bit confused haha, Only reason I said that.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 21-04-23 at 09:47 PM.

I definitely want JC and AJ in the 13, we don't lose anything by having JC playing fullback over AJ. AJ can defend on the front line, so I'm actually a fan of AJ to centre solution (I know a lot of people don't like this stance), but I don't think we mess with the halves, and having AJ at centre gives us a defensive solution to our problem and also a good support player, give him a license to roam.

Only reason why I wouldn't put JC in the front line yet is because I don't think he has filled out his frame enough yet to constantly take the traffic coming his way. I also think JC is more electric than AJ at fullback and feel AJ has lost some pace over the last year. Either way I think they both need to be in the 13, Holbrook has to work this out.

- - - Updated - - -

Ideally need to find a way to fit Kini, AJ and JC into the future squad (if Kini lives up to the hype)

First Grader

AJ doesn't want to play centre and has been very open about it at least for the future of his deal, that's why I've been anti it because I don't think it's an option for a couple years at least. I trust JC could do a job in the front line personally and that's why I've pushed him more for centre or 6 instead of AJ and Foran who I don't think would work together with how much they both go left and with Kini coming in for AJ will eventually who will go out to the centres or 13 if he accepts it.

On the left side for Kelly with Lofi makes it a bit more questionable just due to size for me but I think JC could handle anything tbh.

His deal apparently allows him to discuss leaving at the end of this year... We need to make a decision quick imo. I think he'd happily stay but we need to give him a reason to.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 21-04-23 at 11:27 PM.