Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    First Grader

If they went with Jojo in the centres I could kind of accept it more but I'm personally not a fan of Sami in the centres and think he's way better as a winger, It just seems irrational.

You would have to think brimson in for khan and Sami back to the wing. I’d love to see us try brimson in the centres I honestly think it would improve us so much in both attack and defence. Use the roosters set up as a guide on how to use him there.

Rep Player

Standard Holbrook. Doesn’t address the problem, drops the wrong player and moves the player killing it on the wing into the centres. Zero accountability under him. I see seibs had said Flanagan is free to leave for a head coaching gig

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    You would have to think brimson in for khan and Sami back to the wing. I’d love to see us try brimson in the centres I honestly think it would improve us so much in both attack and defence. Use the roosters set up as a guide on how to use him there.
    I would be surprised if AKP gets dropped. Comp leading try scorer

We need defensive players more than attacking players at the moment.
    A back 5 of:
    1. Campbell
    2. Sami
    3. Shoupp
    4. Brimson
    5. Jojo
    Is as strong of a defensive back 5 as we will get. Just would love to see us try it out and see how it goes. Just my opinion though

Rep Player

Don’t really understand the Schoupp drop. Can only assume Holbrook wants more in attack. Not sure Sami is the solution though.

First Grader

That BKRSport bloke reckons Schoupps injured but didn’t say what

First Grader

I'd trust him over nearly anyone who reports on us so I reckon it's true, If he got dropped surely he'd at least still be in the 22.

Schoupp must be injured or had a disciplinary issue perhaps?

I noticed that towards the end of the Broncos game Schoupp was limping a bit. I was trying to work out where it happened but he certainly didn't look comfortable after the game when he went off.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

I still find it a little wild how quickly most people want to move AJ as if he still isn't the best fullback at the club by a fair margin imo. JC does some freakish things but he's still got quite a few things he needs to improve that AJ is a lot better at right now. I thought AJ was killing it before his injury as well and playing a bit of a new style.

AJ has said himself he doesn't want to play centres as well as Holbrook laughing off the idea, He'll cop 5/8th and fullback only. I also think the roaming centre thing might be ending besides origin, Roosters dropping Walker to move Manu to 6 and Cowboys have stopped doing it with Val makes me think it's not working for those teams. We also attack left so him roaming doesn't make to much sense.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-04-23 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I noticed that towards the end of the Broncos game Schoupp was limping a bit. I was trying to work out where it happened but he certainly didn't look comfortable after the game when he went off.
    Good insight thanks BT

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    I still find it a little wild how quickly most people want to move AJ as if he still isn't the best fullback at the club by a fair margin imo. JC does some freakish things but he's still got quite a few things he needs to improve that AJ is a lot better at right now. I thought AJ was killing it before his injury as well and playing a bit of a new style.

AJ has said himself he doesn't want to play centres as well as Holbrook laughing off the idea, He'll cop 5/8th and fullback only. I also think the roaming centre thing might be ending besides origin, Roosters dropping Walker to move Manu to 6 and Cowboys have stopped doing it with Val makes me think it's not working for those teams. We also attack left so him roaming doesn't make to much sense.
    I dont think who is better is what us fans are talking about, its more how do we fit both into the run on side. The thought that we need both on the field for 80 mins is growing and we are giving opinions on how that could happen. No right or wrong here just options being thrown around.

First Grader

I agree with that and it's made odder because it's Prestons kid. I just don't think we should be moving AJ, I believe JC could play anywhere in the backline if given a chance and I think he's still going to grow more into his body, He's the one I'd be trying at centre right now for the future imo, He plays way more like one then AJ who's a much more well rounded player currently imo.

I'd personally be putting Jojo and JC on the left and switch them on attack and defence. Although I think JC could do the job.

We're going to start having this problem commonly with how good our junior system is becoming.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-04-23 at 08:10 AM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post

I tend to agree with this. I believe I was the first to propose moving AJ to left centre, on this very forum before Fatty Vautin suggested it on TV. The issue to me was fitting both AJ and JC into the team and I was concerned that JC wouldn’t be able to defend at centre, whereas AJ could. However, I think the right call was made to move JC to 14, and after seeing him so far this year I’m more confident in his ability to defend at centre. Leeming being in the mix now has thrown a spanner into the works because it’s difficult to carry both Leeming and JC on the bench, and we definitely can’t carry those two plus Clark. So, the two likely options when AJ is fit are we move JC to centre with Leeming and Clark on the bench, or we persist with JC at 14 and Clark drops out of the 17. I’m leaning towards the latter.