Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been a fan since day one. Was at the very first game at suncorp, and have been to more since then. I've been a fan through drug scandals, wooden spoons and even when it looked like there might not be a club to be a fan of. But today is the day i throw the towel in. Won't be seeing me calling myself a titans fan or wearing titans colours again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Naw you poor victim GT. They’re so mean to you aren’t they
    Well, there seems to be plenty of members on that FB page, and in this thread, tearing up their memberships and walking away from the team after what they witnessed this afternoon. I'm just curious of what your thoughts are about all of it?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Genuine question. I'm not allowed to say bad things about the coach so I might as well just ask instead.

Cheers
    The one positive about no longer be a fan of this club, is that now i have no reason to read this forum and see your wanker comments

I think Holbrook tries too hard to outsmart the opponent like even with Sami and Fifita named and playing in different positions. The small bench was never going to work he should’ve learnt that against the dragons the first time. Foran has offered nothing to my eyes even he is doing the dumb shot like that kick was never on and we were up so why panic. Same with the short kickoff it wasn’t needed. Hoping for some changes to next weeks team but feeling like we will see the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerTitan View Post
    The one positive about no longer be a fan of this club, is that now i have no reason to read this forum and see your wanker comments
    nice alt bruh

First Grader

Foran kicking for AKP is unforgivable after having no possession and needing to just complete the set and kick down field.

Their winger making 2 crucial mistakes and we get the ball go down the field then bomb to the opposite winger is incredibly low iq. How come this team is so stupid?

Holbrook needs a blowtorch on him, that bench he picked is fkn ridiculous. Then having them all on at the same time is so stupid. What did Randall do wrong to be off nearly the whole second half? I thought his first half was good.

I'd be ringing hasler

I havnt missed a game in years but I think I'll take a few weeks off. This club isn't worth my time.

We are being memed back to the Stone Age, but sometimes you gotta laugh.

Except we didn't get off the couch.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

nice alt bruh
    Happy to be audited by any other mod.

Can’t help what other people think of your regular contributions here GT

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Happy to be audited by any other mod.

Can’t help what other people think of your regular contributions here GT
    You haven't answered a single question that I asked you. At least Cowa and others have.

Off the field and our pathways I think we're okay, but this current team and/or the coach...not so much.

Well, there seems to be plenty of members on that FB page, and in this thread, tearing up their memberships and walking away from the team after what they witnessed this afternoon. I'm just curious of what your thoughts are about all of it?
    I’m sure they are all genuinely tearing up their memberships and walking away from this club and they aren’t just extremely frustrated after an embarrassing loss

I take the comments pretty seriously and I'm seeing evidence of it with people I have known since 2007. It's serious IMO. Stopping supporting a team is actually an easy thing to do, or at least dial it down to a large degree.

BTW I started a new thread. Next Titans Coach (2023 Edition)
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Im trying to rationalise how i get so upset about a team I don’t play for and have let me down so many times. I really like Holbrook as a person and we play an attacking brand of football, but this game has me thinking we need to look at other options (not that there are many).

I try not to be too reactionary in the immediate hour after a game, but i am so disappointed in 2 aspects-

1. Our bench and rotation- love JC and wanted him in our squad, but when you are picking him you cant go with him, Clarke and Leeming. Just cant, particularly after our capitulation last week. Why play Mikaela for only 12 minutes (he was heaps better than Vuna in limited minutes)

2. Really upset with Foran. Fair enough we bought him to the club for direction and to ice games, but last 2 weeks has been awful. Will be even more upset if it means JC leaves. That crossfield kick on 3rd tackle on our own twenty was ridiculous and sent an awful message that rather than roll up our sleeves, look for shortcuts.

I want to put JC at 6 and take our lumps for the rest of the season. Who are we kidding, we aren’t winning anything this year. Lets at least get vital experience for Jojo, Lofi and JC.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    I think Holbrook tries too hard to outsmart the opponent like even with Sami and Fifita named and playing in different positions. The small bench was never going to work he should’ve learnt that against the dragons the first time. Foran has offered nothing to my eyes even he is doing the dumb shot like that kick was never on and we were up so why panic. Same with the short kickoff it wasn’t needed. Hoping for some changes to next weeks team but feeling like we will see the same.
    100% and also the subs he uses and benches we take into games + The drop outs which is a clear instruction. He probably hurts the teams confidence telling them to do this because of some bs stats on drop outs... The team can't get any confidence or trust in themselves if the coach doesn't trust them to defend a long drop out....

As much as I love JC and have been calling for him to start, wtf is he on the bench for if it's not till the 71st minute and a completely random sub on Clark.... What's the thinking? Why's he there when we're already small on forwards? Why'd he go with this gameplan again after the first Dragons game showed us it doesn't work....

I'm not even that angry.... It keeps happening and I'm actually so confused about so many calls he's making, Even when we won games I'm still questioning what he's doing.

Half the issue becomes noone in the media asks Holbrook about his calls because no one cares or we're just laughed at.

That's it! SACK Holbrook! He'd have an excuse to stay if he's been arguing for a team psychologist and been denied. If so, SACK whoever denied him. But the bench selection and rotation is deadset falling on your sword. It's like we're playing against our own coach as well!
    If we have a team psychologist, SACK him/her. If we don't have one, WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE WE DOING!!! It's been obvious for over a year or two that we desperately need one. It's like we feel like we don't deserve to win.
    I'll have to look at our roster but there's some guys that should be very embarrassed and apologising to their teammates, the club and the fans. I don't know how some of them can play next week.

Yeah the nature of the loss to a bunch of mis-fits in their first year in the comp is very very hard to stomach and if the alarm bells aren't finally going off at headquarters then we are forever royally F@CKED