Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    I thought Clark had his best game in a while but there still is a lot of improvement. He needs to run a bit more but I thought Clark helped with the Sami try by holding the line up a bit, The hole Sami runs through came from Bird being lazy on Clark and JDB holding up, 90% Sami but Clark did his job. The last try came off Clark and Liu combo as well. It was all basic stuff but I think Clarks passing choice and accuracy have improved imo and he's looking more comfortable, Probably a bit slower then we'd hope but I think there's been improvement.

I like the combo we're going with ending games right now, I think Mo, Liu, Clark and Tino really suit how we play.
    Good points and I agree he was improved on the weekend. Certainly not a guy you can fault for effort, probably just needs to do less and focus on the basics of his role.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Good points and I agree he was improved on the weekend. Certainly not a guy you can fault for effort, probably just needs to do less and focus on the basics of his role.
    I reckon he's being told to play two different games, When he comes on as a sub for Liu he seems to be the main connecting guy but then Liu comes back on and he seems to try play both, I think he's passing to much in that second stint but he'll get better.

Being out there with Liu will be big for him learning the position. I loved that last try, It's something we can go to super often to get the left side one on one.

Edit: I don't know how I didn't notice that Tino actually moved to the second row after Stimson destroyed himself making 41 tackles for the last 13 mins. I wonder if this is actually the way we go moving forward.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 11-04-23 at 03:43 PM.

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...broncos-derby/

Same team with Foran coming in.

Jojo on the extended bench but apparently healthy, Mikaele as well. I heard that Iszac has been given a permanent exemption somewhere but not 100% sure. The Jojo choice has me a bit confused unless he's a late in, Don't see how he shouldn't be an auto in tbh.

They've bought in Kobe Hetherington for Flegler.

Same team with Foran coming in.

Jojo on the extended bench but apparently healthy, Mikaele as well. I had heard that Iszac has been given a permanent exemption somewhere but not 100%. The Jojo choice has me a bit confused unless he's a late in, Don't see how he shouldn't be an auto in tbh.
    Where did you hear about Iszac - can you please elaborate? How does someone get a permanent exemption lol

Jojo is still touch and got to be playing or not and they're still deciding who to drop
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 11-04-23 at 04:06 PM.

First Grader

Where did you hear about Iszac - can you please elaborate?

Jojo is still touch and got to be playing or not and they're still deciding who to drop
    Think it might have been on the Titans fanzone podcast or some other one, It was when Mikaele got signed. I'll try find it, could've been on SEN to.

Good to hear about Jojo.

Think it might have been on the Titans fanzone podcast or some other one, It was when Mikaele got signed. I'll try find it, could've been on SEN to.

Good to hear about Jojo.
    Cool, thanks. I really don't think he has a permanent exemption. Think the justification to the NRL would be that Mikaele isn't ready having only just joined the club for his first training session today
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 11-04-23 at 04:29 PM.

First Grader

Yeah, that makes most sense. I don't mind giving Iszac a rest anyway after this game to go back to q cup, We're going to need him over origin period and it's a long season. It's only 3 rounds after this one till those guys can play anyway.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 11-04-23 at 05:21 PM.

Apparently Sexton fractured his scaphoid on Sunday and will be out for 4-6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Apparently Sexton fractured his scaphoid on Sunday and will be out for 4-6 weeks.
    yep https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...unday-heroics/

The exemption issue is weird given we've still got Alick back in QCup. I don't get it. Very happy for Iszac though and he's been good.

Nice to have a bit of vibe around town for the derby again.
    Reckon Cbus will be buzzin for this one!

Cool, thanks. I really don't think he has a permanent exemption. Think the justification to the NRL would be that Mikaele isn't ready having only just joined the club for his first training session today
    With the 11 day concussion stand down I could see the nrl being a lot more exemption happy. I think technically dev contracts don’t even matter next season as there won’t be a restriction for dev players last I heard

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    With the 11 day concussion stand down I could see the nrl being a lot more exemption happy. I think technically dev contracts don’t even matter next season as there won’t be a restriction for dev players last I heard
    Yeah that's what has been reported for next year and it makes sense if they do that and expand squads. Will work in our favour from a retention standpoint too.

As of right now though, you've still got to get an exemption and that's relative to roster availability for the position. They're definitely more lenient/exemption happy with concussion protocols which we've discussed a bit on here before, end of the day it's worked out for us haha

On a related note I'm hearing Iszac is carrying a bit of an injury niggle too so that could impact his availability this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AliDavysStep View Post
    Nice to have a bit of vibe around town for the derby again.
    Reckon Cbus will be buzzin for this one!
    Definitely going to be over 20,000. Could be a sellout judging by how tickets are selling on ticketek

First Grader

Tbh how did we even get an exemption for Iszac when we only technically had 1 middle out through injury (Jolliffe) and players such as Haas and Alick that could've filled in. I mean we gladly took it though lol