Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 7: TITANS v BRONCOS (2023)

TITANS v BRONCOS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Immortal

For anyone attending this match, the Future Titans U16's will be playing an Auckland U16 Touring Team as a curtain raiser. What a great chance to see the next generation of Titans NRL players.

First Grader

How do we get Jojo back into this side next week? I dont know if you can take Sami off the right after that performance, and Lofi had some big plays too so doesn't deserve to be dropped. Kelly's the one that most deserves to go at the moment but I can't see him putting Jojo at left centre

The Raiders haven’t done us any favours for next week. Donkeys won’t be coming into this complacent. No Tom Flegler will help our battle of the forward pack

Do we name the same 17? Do we know if Foz and AJ are a chance?

AJ and Foran both said on fox they're hopeful of being back for this game

It’s started already, the CM are championing the Clarke “punch” in an effort to get the match review committee interested.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Gone onto Ticketek to see that the whole stadium (minus the Legion and Premium members section) have tickets available. We could definitely see a crowd over 20,000, maybe even closer to a sell out?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It’s started already, the CM are championing the Clarke “punch” in an effort to get the match review committee interested.
    If their grand strategy is to get Erin Clark suspended then godspeed CM

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    How do we get Jojo back into this side next week? I dont know if you can take Sami off the right after that performance, and Lofi had some big plays too so doesn't deserve to be dropped. Kelly's the one that most deserves to go at the moment but I can't see him putting Jojo at left centre
    Sami left centre jojo right wing

Ezpz

Also Sami’s runs were centre runs last week, didn’t drift out a lot but cut back in and terrorised tired forwards. Would make sense to have him do that as a centre too

Whoever has that left centre spot will be marking an inform Kotoni Staggs, who is gelling well with Reynolds and Cobbo outside him. Riki is also playing well, so we'll need an airtight left edge. I think Sami has to play left wing but the centre spot is a tough one. Do we want Jojo coming back from injury with a positional switch in a big game? Probably not but can BK do the job? JC would be a target if he plays there too. Tough one. At the moment, I'm sticking with BK and hoping that Foran and Sami help stiffen him up. Jojo comes back onto the right wing. I'd like to see Jojo start at left centre the following week against the Dolphins and he'll have an easier run there until our next bye and should be able to develop into the position nicely.

I hope Brimo is fully fit and plays but I wouldn't risk him if not. Same with Foran. They'll have a big pack so we can't carry JC and Leeming and Clark on the bench. I think it's JC or Leeming and I'd keep Clark for this one. He looks like he's picking up form.
    Last edited by MaroonTitan; 10-04-23 at 04:39 PM.

Brisbane are rolling out a top 4 roster that are finally maturing enough collectively to be a competitive side week to week. Second best defensive team in the comp behind Penrith and strike on both edges + their pack is stupidly good. Going to be a huge challenge.

I think with Mikaele now joining the squad that Iszac F will have to be relegated back to cup based on the fact he's Dev, just as a heads up in case today's teamlist reflects that.

Is Big Thomas ready HS? Would it be him that fills the spot, or Klese with the idea that Stimson plays middle for most of the game? So far, I want to leave Joe where he is. He's been fantastic for us there.

Also, how do you rate Stimson as a 13, compared to Clark and Liu? The answer could also help with our bench conundrums.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Is Big Thomas ready HS? Would it be him that fills the spot, or Klese with the idea that Stimson plays middle for most of the game? So far, I want to leave Joe where he is. He's been fantastic for us there.

Also, how do you rate Stimson as a 13, compared to Clark and Liu? The answer could also help with our bench conundrums.
    I'm not sure if he's ready mate or which way they'll go, for all we know they might be able to somehow convince the NRL to give Iszac another week on the grounds of jetlag or that Mikaele needs to *reacclimatise* while he gets match fit in Qcup haha. I'm speculating of course. Agreed that Stimson is best staying on that right edge. The defensive value we're getting there is too good to move around IMO.

Liu doing a good job at 13 but Clark has been a bit underwhelming IMO on both sides of the ball so far this season. Expected a bit more. Haven't seen enough of Stimson there to compare but I think in the short term it's the same thing as above in that Stimson's value is too good on the edge to be moved. Our right side kick chase is really strong with him and Schoupp (who's edge defence has been really good, just quietly) and it's really setting up our defensive sets well.

First Grader

I thought Clark had his best game in a while but there still is a lot of improvement. He needs to run a bit more but I thought Clark helped with the Sami try by holding the line up a bit, The hole Sami runs through came from Bird being lazy on Clark and JDB holding up, 90% Sami but Clark did his job. The last try came off Clark and Liu combo as well. It was all basic stuff but I think Clarks passing choice and accuracy have improved imo and he's looking more comfortable, Probably a bit slower then we'd hope but I think there's been improvement.

I like the combo we're going with ending games right now, I think Moe, Liu, Clark and Tino really suit how we play.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 11-04-23 at 03:21 PM.