Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Tanah playing left and Sexton on the right as per Tanah interview on Gold Coast news.

Mal made a rare appearance at training today as well

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Tanah playing left and Sexton on the right as per Tanah interview on Gold Coast news.

Can’t say I support that. We need as much stability as possible in the spine given the circumstances and Tanah has been the only constant thus far.

First Grader

He must know more than us but to me that seems stupid. Now you're weakening / disrupting 2 sides of the field, im near certain toby played left side in that trial where they both played. Sometimes Holbrook's decision making....

First Grader

Toby looked horrible in the trials though and he's only ever played right side other then those occasions I believe. I don't see it as a big disruption, Tannah and Fifi were together on the right till Fermors injury and Holbrook and Tannah both said that it limited his attacking ability and plans they had. Currently Tannah is a better play maker (not by much) so having him on that side where 90% of our attack goes makes sense to me. I trust that ride side to defend with Toby much more then the left as well.

Tobys best games in NRL were in 2021 when Ash Taylor was beside him as the dominant half playing 6 (long time ago now), That's all this will be. Toby can just kick the ball get us to where we need and Tannah is going to be given the freedom.

Putting the pressure on Toby to do the playmaking seems like a massive error if we did.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-04-23 at 08:11 AM.

I agree Cowabunga. If you remember Toby on the left in that trial and the magic that started to happened when Weaver came on there, that's the reason why some of us have been calling for Weaver over Toby. I think Toby might be a right side only guy and Tannah is more durable and able to play both sides.

Now what if Toby has a blinder and Tannah is quiet. What will Holbrook do then?

We've really gotta win this one. I think it's a big game for our season.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    I agree Cowabunga. If you remember Toby on the left in that trial and the magic that started to happened when Weaver came on there, that's the reason why some of us have been calling for Weaver over Toby. I think Toby might be a right side only guy and Tannah is more durable and able to play both sides.

Now what if Toby has a blinder and Tannah is quiet. What will Holbrook do then?

We've really gotta win this one. I think it's a big game for our season.
    Nothing because it's a lot harder to switch sides, play 7 and get the team around the park, and also be responsible for the side we send all our attack through, than it is to play 6 on the side you're familiar with where you've just got to tackle, kick, run the ball and play short for 80 minutes haha. No disrespect to Toby but that's all I expect him to do.

I don't love the switch but can understand it. Tanah says during the interview it's for the benefit of the left side attack and that Toby is really a right side only player
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 06-04-23 at 08:33 AM.

First Grader

I don't think it would mean to much if Toby had a blinder, It just puts Toby back on the radar of everyone and will be good for the clubs depth. If anything this is a big sign of trust from Holbrook I think in Tannah.

I'm a bit more confident then I was on Tuesday now. Our forward pack has looked better since that game with Iszac and Vuna coming in and Haas stats look incredible from Tweed. I do have concerns about any injuries in game to our back line or spine though, We're pretty much f'd if we get one. I can see Leeming maybe being added in to the 17 due to being able to cover the halves and hooker unless we're just going with Clark to do the job.

I'm hoping Jojo can come in as well on the left wing, I think he'd add a lot of the running out of the back we'll need in this game that Lofi hasn't quite got.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-04-23 at 08:53 AM.

Rep Player

Seems like Holbrook being too smart for his own good as usual. It is what it is with Toby, I think I’ve seen all I ever need to see from him BUT he now has a chance to prove everyone wrong and show that he has learned from poor 2022 and trial showings. Giving us less than 25% chance we pickup a win here and don’t know how we are favourites betting wise

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post

Must be getting an employer paid holiday for Easter

First Grader

Looking at Klese's stats from QRL, Will be interesting to see how we use him, I hope he can go into the second row and Stimson comes back into the middle for a stint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Looking at Klese's stats from QRL, Will be interesting to see how we use him, I hope he can go into the second row and Stimson comes back into the middle for a stint.
    He's been good. Needs to work on his first contact on D and getting himself in a position to win the tackle though. I think they will go with that rotation you mention

This is a game that we must fight to win, especially heading into next weeks game with the bronx. Happy to have another home game during easter weekend. Vibe in the stadium feels just that tad bit more electric.

Also saw AJ is back up and running (whether or not it's with the rehab group). Great sign to see. Journos and other teams fans alike try to focus on Fifita and Tino being our 'big' names, but AJ truly is the heart and soul of the club. I have never not seen AJ give 110% when he is playing healthy. May just be a personal bias about him though, I just haven't seen someone so dedicated to club in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    This is a game that we must fight to win, especially heading into next weeks game with the bronx. Happy to have another home game during easter weekend. Vibe in the stadium feels just that tad bit more electric.

Also saw AJ is back up and running (whether or not it's with the rehab group). Great sign to see. Journos and other teams fans alike try to focus on Fifita and Tino being our 'big' names, but AJ truly is the heart and soul of the club. I have never not seen AJ give 110% when he is playing healthy. May just be a personal bias about him though, I just haven't seen someone so dedicated to club in a while.
    Spot on regarding AJ. Titan to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by AliDavysStep View Post
    Spot on regarding AJ. Titan to the core.
    No argument there. It seems the overall vibe coming from the squad is noticeably more club-centric than in previous years.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

I was planning to play AKP in SC so if Holbrook does scratch him late for jojo that will **** me

Anyone have an inside scoop lol