Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    https://twitter.com/cmail_sport/stat...813560833?s=20

Can anyone read this? Surely we don't play Leeming already, I think the bloke has been in the country for 2 days and will not be ready yet. I'd rather play Kini at 14. Also fully expecting Sexton to partner Tanah this week.
    Yeah it's Leeming who they're predicting to be named on extended.

They're also predicting Sexton is named at 6, which I think most expected

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I'd rather Keano isn't brought in especially when he's still managing an injury.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah it's Leeming who they're predicting to be named on extended.

They're also predicting Sexton is named at 6, which I think most expected

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I'd rather Keano isn't brought in especially when he's still managing an injury.
    Ah fair enough mate, not worth rushing him in so soon if he's not fully fit. Who do you think will get the 14 jersey? We've seen this year that we definitely need some sort of utility/ outside back option on the bench. Maybe if Jojo is fit it moves someone like Sami or Kelly onto the bench but I honestly don't know who to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Ah fair enough mate, not worth rushing him in so soon if he's not fully fit. Who do you think will get the 14 jersey? We've seen this year that we definitely need some sort of utility/ outside back option on the bench. Maybe if Jojo is fit it moves someone like Sami or Kelly onto the bench but I honestly don't know who to expect.
    Yeah I was anti JC on the bench initially but have come to love it. Seems more teams are starting to take that route as well with the concussion protocols etc., just getting as much positional coverage as you can.

Not sure what they'll do tbh. I'm expecting they'll potentially shuffle around the bench come game time after seeing how Leeming trains this week and whether he's an option.

I'm a bit concerned with how we're going to create points this weekend tbh. Our attack runs through the left and if Sexton is there I'm not sure that edge is going to be able to move with the same speed when shifting the ball.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah I was anti JC on the bench initially but have come to love it. Seems more teams are starting to take that route as well with the concussion protocols etc., just getting as much positional coverage as you can.

Not sure what they'll do tbh. I'm expecting they'll potentially shuffle around the bench come game time after seeing how Leeming trains this week and whether he's an option.

I'm a bit concerned with how we're going to create points this weekend tbh. Our attack runs through the left and if Sexton is there I'm not sure that edge is going to be able to move with the same speed when shifting the ball.
    Same mate, I have the same concerns. Spent a bit of time today reading the match reviews on Tweed's website which include some gif highlights to get a better insight into how Sexton and Weaver have been looking. It does sound like Sexton has been playing quite well and in particular using his kicking to control the game, but the problem is those are clearly traits of a halfback and I can't see him working well alongside Tanah.

On the other hand Weaver looked clean distributing the ball on that left edge, and it looks like he'd slot in nicely to fill Foran's role in the team. Sadly I just can't see Holbrook taking the risk on him though.

Team is as expected, and tbh it's probably the best we could roll out with our injury crisis

Nonetheless, I'm not expecting this to go well

Glass half full HS ... Toby kicks ar$e and puts Dave in for the winning try or half empty ... Sexton hooked after 30 mins and Clarke bumbles his way through at 6.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If Leeming comes in for a big bopper and Saints roll us through the middle again, I'm going to start burning effigies of Holbrook. Let's hope there's no further injuries.

Interesting to see how Toby goes on the left or if the halves switch sides. Toby, BK and Lofi defending together? mmmm

Looking for a big game from Vuna and Klese especially. We'll need line speed and aggression from Clark. And surely, if Jojo is fit, he must play!!!

Rep Player

Given how Saints dominated us through the middle last time, I’m hoping Stimson shifts to the middle and Haas plays on the edge

Saints have named a big bench so same game plan roll through middle like last time

I'm sure we'll be up for it this time though. I'll be very disappointed if we lose to the Dragons again, especially at home on an Easter Sunday arvo FTA game.

I hope this time around we give them the respect they’re worthy of heading into the game. They’re really not that bad of a team IMO.

Well I for one am pessimistic about the TNT show (and its bloody depressing TBH)
    I'm pretty sure Ben Hunt has a vendenta with this club over the fact we didn't sign him once the drongoes let him slip (yes..yes..yes..just like Bennet you say!). When you think about it...it's just repetition.
    Yep, royally F@cked once again but happy to be proven wrong

First Grader

The more I think about it the more I like the call of not playing Weaver this game. When he comes in I'd prefer having at least Verrills, Foran or AJ out there to help him. None of our current spine in this game are really great at playmaking. If we're going to win this I think we have to match power game with them and just win in a different way.

It will be interesting who they tell to control the game as well. I could see Tannah moving to 6.

Matty Johns talked about it last week I think but we're going to have to try win this game in a different way without Foran and that left side slickness. I think we're going to try win the same way they beat us, Our big issue since the start of the season has been errors and bad field position. I do think Tobys kicking game can help us here.

We don't ever win those types of games so should be a really good test for the team.

Rep Player

We’re not going to stuff our spine around anymore than it already is. Tanah will play halfback and Toby will slot in at 5/8.

Pity we can’t bet on Man of the Match. Ben Hunt is a shoe-in this weekend.