Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Randall approaches career first with aim of giving Holbrook 'selection headache'
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...tion-headache/

This weekend's clash will be another first for Titans new recruit Chris Randall.

Having made his club debut a fortnight ago, and now expected to fill the void left by injured No. 9 Sam Verrills for the next few months, the 27-year-old rake will make his maiden trip to Townsville to take on a spirited Cowboys outfit who will be motivated to bounce back from two straight losses.

In fact, not only will it be the Newcastle-born's inaugural time at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, but it will be the first time facing North Queensland - a team he is yet to face across his 31 games in the top grade.

Despite it being an unfamiliar environment, Randall is fully aware of what to expect from his state rivals.

"They'll be looking to come through us I reckon... they're big and powerful and are coming off a loss," he said.

"They'll be looking to prove a point at home, so we're in for a tough game and we know that.

"We'll be training and preparing as hard as we can this week to go up and do a job on them."

In his first outing at Cbus Super Stadium in Gold Coast colours, the dummy-half got through 69 minutes in the sweltering conditions, making 31 tackles and playing a pivotal part of the gutsy win in the hooking role.

Whilst anticipated not to get much relief from the weather gods up in Townsville, expecting another hot and humid afternoon, the 31-gamer is hoping to get through the full 80 minutes this week, much like the player he's come in to replace.

"I think going forward, I can definitely play 80 minutes. I've done it a fair few times and I think I've played big minutes in most of my games in NRL," Randall said.

"Obviously having players like Erin (Clark) on the bench helps too.. like on the weekend, it was probably a good time for me to come off in that heat with about 10 minutes to go. I was starting to cramp up a bit.

"We'll just play it by ear each game I reckon and as my match fitness improves, I can see myself getting through 80 minutes."

Randall is also hoping to give coach Justin Holbrook plenty to think about when Verrills does return from his collarbone injury, aiming to play somewhere in the 17 even if it's a role back on the bench.

"Competition for spots is what makes teams so good," he said.

"I just want to do my job and give Justin a bit of a headache when Verrills comes back... I'm sure he'll slip back in as he's our hooker, but I want to prove that I can do a job there whenever needed or even gain a spot on the bench.

"But for me now, it's just about taking it week-by-week, doing my job and concentrating on getting a win each week with the boys."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I hope we win just for the simple hope that will mean blocker doesn't call any of our games anymore. One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I hope we win just for the simple hope that will mean blocker doesn't call any of our games anymore. One can only hope.
    Gee Doolsie I could only dream of not having to listen to that dribbler, of course the win would be awesome too
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Love blocker but not as a match commentator. There are a few others like him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Love blocker but not as a match commentator. There are a few others like him as well.
    Yes and I should qualify my comment above Oz. Block was an amazing player and has a great insight into the game but put a microphone and a live game in front of him and he transforms into the goo goo muck. Plus you are very right, he is not alone, in fact that space is very crowded indeed.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-03-23 at 07:08 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Loved him as a player. Just gets a bit biased and excited. Just like any of us. But when he is biased against the titans it makes my forehead pulse. Id say all reservations are full with anasta, Parker and Ennis.

I don't mind Ennis, I think he's a pretty straight shooter and gives good insight and analysis.

Linespeed and kickchase today please boys. Halves to have a run early and Foran to kick a few early. No avoidable blunders!

C'MON TITANS!!!

P.S. Is that too much to ask?

First Grader

Interesting what Mal said about Fifita and the combos, Saying Fifi demanded from Tannah but from with Foz, Foz is the boss and tells him where to be.

Late mail: Brimson ready to take down Queensland rivals
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...nsland-rivals/

The last time AJ Brimson wore the No. 1 jersey in Townsville, he helped blow the Cowboys away with two tries in a dominating 44-8 win in 2021.

The Titans fullback will be hoping to replicate a similar performance when he runs out in the Round 4 showdown against North Queensland at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, part of an unchanged 17 they'll field against their state rivals.

The first XXXX derby of 2023 will have quite the Origin flavour with 11 current and former Maroons in action ready to give it all they've got; including five of those wearing Gold Coast colours - Brimson, Phil Sami, Moe Fotuaika, David Fifita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui.

The Titans will be aiming to help even the ledger in what has typically been a tough day out in Townsville, only winning four of the 15 clashes between the combatants at the venue.

They will take confidence in having won three of the last five games against the Cowboys, who are coming off back-to-back losses and a one-point win in their opening three games of the season.

Kick-off is at 4.30pm AEST, live on Fox League and Kayo Sports.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Looking forward to the second Queensland Derby of the round! Last night's game was intense and brutal. I hope for a great game but probably less on the brutal side. I'm confident.

Really happy to be home watching this one. Last Saturday I was watching at work, things have settled down so looking forward to enjoying the footy.

Looks like good conditions up north.

First Grader

Great run by Lofi for the penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Really happy to be home watching this one. Last Saturday I was watching at work, things have settled down so looking forward to enjoying the footy.

Looks like good conditions up north.
    Hopefully we win for you.

You beauty Fifita to Alofiana Khan-Pereira. Lovely draw of defence like a magnet and good hands for AKP to catch it and get that try out wide. Great to have some strike power out wide. Great kick from a difficult position by Boyd to put us 6-0. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Great run by Lofi for the penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully we win for you.
    Thank you. More importantly my wife is watching. So we all know those types of stakes.