Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Our 19's girls playing for QLD are a talented bunch

First Grader

Jorgensen might be my new favourite player.

Geez if they hold that spine together titans NRLW in for a successful future

Agree Bunga how good is Jorgensen bloody no nonsense player

Also how good is was it to see our NRLW squad members their supporting in the stands the younger titans brigade

Pre-season love: Hale praises hard work helping bring Titans together
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...tans-together/

Georgia Hale has made a bold statement that is typically a rarity in rugby league, sharing her love for the NRLW pre-season.

On the eve of Round 1, the Titans have endured a treacherous seven weeks preparation to help bounce back from a disappointing 2022 campaign with the Gold Coast skipper feeling their past two months of blood, sweat and tears in the club's first extended pre-season has put them in good stead for kick-off of the expanded competition.

"It's funny... you don't usually hear players say that they love pre-season but I think we can because we're not really used to having so much time together," she said.

"I think that's been a really pleasant part of it. Over the seven weeks, we've definitely been grinding together and there's been some tough times but it's also given us not only the opportunity to be conditioned, but also be connected.

"We've really loved that and we've been able to do a little bit of work off field as well and I think it just puts us in a good place coming into Round 1."

Hale is one of 14 returning players to the side this season after finishing sixth in last year's competition, but with 10 new faces joining over the summer in key positions, the Titans leader has lauded the various additions brought to the club by coach Karyn Murphy, with the extended time together helping bring together the new and returning players.

"I think Murph's done a really good job in our off-season to recruit not only great players, but also really great people," Hale said.

"We've got a core of the girls that have returned to the club that are really proud to continue building a great relationship and connection with the Titans, but we do have some great additions to add to our side.

"I think the most exciting part is that most of it is homegrown. All girls have now moved to the Gold Coast and call the Gold Coast home, so I think that's exciting for this season and for seasons to come."

Murphy has echoed Hale's sentiments about this year's pre-season, but knows that is only half the job done with still plenty of work to be completed with the commencement of the season, starting with the Cowboys at home this Saturday.

"It's been a really good pre-season and I can't ask anything more from the girls so far," the Titans coach said.

"But we know there's a lot of hard work to go and a lot of improvement in us, especially with our first competition game coming up against the Cowboys."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Strong side. Really happy to see Destiny get the spot on the wing and Kiria-Ratu at 7. Both young local products.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 18-07-23 at 05:19 PM.

Lauren Brown in her best position as hooker and looking forward to see our new centres get clean ball from finally a five eight

Great win girls. Looks like being a good year and hopefully deep into the comp.

Big worry if Fui’s injury is long term.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Fui was really good on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    She’s been named on the extended bench this week. I’d be shocked, but happy if she plays. The injury looked bad.

Just watched the replay. Full game replays are available on YouTube. Pelite had easily her best game for us. There’s quality all over the team.

How horrific to see the NRL logos covered up … wtf.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Even our girls are getting screwed by the refs, Brisbane allowed to do whatever they want in the play the ball.