Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Titans NRLW 2023

Thread for the 2023 NRLW season
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

'I love the Titans': Pelite makes intentions known for upcoming season
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...coming-season/

Evania Pelite has passionately declared she wants to remain on the Gold Coast and help deliver the Titans their first NRLW title in 2023.

Having starred in the past two seasons for the club since making the switch from rugby sevens to rugby league, the 27-year-old dual-International has made her intentions known that she wants to help bring the Coast their first premiership in the upcoming women's season which is due to kick-off later this year.

"I love the Gold Coast Titans... I’ll openly admit that," she revealed.

"They’ve been great, they’ve supported me on and off the field, so ideally that’s where I’d like to end up for my third season there and they’re aware of that."

Waiting for the starting gun to kick-start the signing spree, Titans coach Karyn Murphy is a big fan of the electrifying back - who also impressed the Legion in 2022 when she was judged the Members' most valuable player.

Her stint at the Coast also saw her smash the club record for most running metres in a game - 301 against Parramatta - and her incredible athletic ability is what makes her an extremely lethal threat each week in action for the Titans.

"I’ve had a lot of conversations with Murph and she's been incredible so far," Pelite said.

"Steve (Mitchell), Dennis (Watt) and a lot of the board members at the Titans... they’ve been really really helpful as well, so having those conversations and keeping it open has been really good for me.

"I just want to end up at the right club that will help me improve my footy. That’s my main goal this year, just to continue growing as a player."

Her aspirations to continue growing includes delivering the Gold Coast their first title, helping add another string to her personal bow after Origin and International caps last season.

"That’s definitely the goal for this year. I’d love to play in a premiership-winning team," Pelite said.

"Last year I was lucky enough to tick off playing for the Maroons and the Jillaroos, so I’d just love to add that premiership to my plate."

Speaking at a Queensland Maroons function yesterday, Pelite also shared her desire to represent her state again this year, hoping to avenge last season's series loss against the Blues.

"I’d love the opportunity to run out there in my second Maroons jersey," she said.

"We obviously didn’t come away with the win last year, so I would love the opportunity to go back and take the title back off New South Wales."

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I fear another very underwhelming season unless Karen Murphy has brought in some coaching support. The side looked well under-prepared last season.

Well, we all know the one change that must happen if the team is to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I fear another very underwhelming season unless Karen Murphy has brought in some coaching support. The side looked well under-prepared last season.
    Totally agree they looked clueless and not sure if they even had a game plan half the time. No structure whatsoever

Yes they looked particularly inept to the extent I’m ashamed to admit I lost interest.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yes they looked particularly inept to the extent I’m ashamed to admit I lost interest.
    I'm sorry to say it was the same for me too.

Apparently we've agreed to terms with Niall Guthrie for this season. She's SBW's sister.

NZ Sevens player who has achieved a fair bit of success. She's 34 now though.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ano...08-p5cqgo.html

Apparently we've agreed to terms with Niall Guthrie for this season. She's SBW's sister.

NZ Sevens player who has achieved a fair bit of success. She's 34 now though.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ano...08-p5cqgo.html
    Seems like a quality signing. Great hands and good speed. And you know defence won’t be a problem.

NRL legend back onboard for 2023 campaign
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...2023-campaign/

Matt Geyer may have achieved everything at NRL level, but coaching women is still only new to the former Melbourne Storm flyer.

While 2022 wasn’t what he had hoped, the former 268-gamer is returning as an assistant coach to the Titans NRLW side and has strong ambitions ahead of the the near season.

“Our preparation will be a lot better coming into the 2023 season," Geyer told titans.com.au.

“We only had a short pre-season together last year, but with the expansion of the competition in 2023, we will get a much longer preparation in the lead up to Round 1.

“The girls' attitude and effort at training was terrific... we had some great sessions, but unfortunately we just couldn’t get the results on the day.”

Eager to be returning as the right-hand-man to head coach Karyn Murphy, Geyer is full of praise for one of the game's most elite female rugby league minds and the systems that she has put in place on the Gold Coast.

“If there was one word to describe Karyn it would be integrity, she’s honest her coaches and players," he said.

“She’s the best to ever play the women’s game and I learnt so much from her last season. She has such a wealth of knowledge.

“I’m excited to be working with Karyn again and we're looking forward to having a great season.”

With a host of Titans stars expected to be returning for the new campaign, the former premiership-winner is most excited by the prospect of relinking with hard-working lock Georgia Hale after her stint with Leeds in the English Super League, who was judged last season's best by the coaching staff.

The Kiwi International was one of the competition's standouts in 2022, finishing second for tackles made, with an impressive 221 in just five appearances at an impeccable 97 percent efficiency.

“I would say Georgia was one of our biggest leaders last year. She drives standards at training and leads through her actions both on and off the field," Geyer said.

“She loves to take over a training session and set the girls straight.”

Looking toward 2023 with the new season to kick-off later this year, Geyer is prepared to learn from the past campaign and compete for the premiership trophy.

“It’s important that as a team we learn from the mistakes we made last season, and the same applies to me," he said.

"Learning from these mistakes have us in good stead for 2023.”

Will be an interesting day today with the NRLW frenzy happening with players able now to sign contracts

First Grader

Pelite, Bent and Hancock the GOAT please. Excited to see what Sonny Bills Sister can do.

Sounds bad against Karyn but I am happy Geyer is back to help out, We were much better with him around.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 29-03-23 at 08:39 AM.

I read somewhere we'd all but signed Fuimaiano from the Dragons. That'd be a huge pickup if true.

I read somewhere we'd all but signed Fuimaiano from the Dragons. That'd be a huge pickup if true.
    HS I read the same a few weeks back, very good pick up if correct

If we can get Bent that would be awesome and keep the rest of our pack from last year that would a good start.
    Agreed on Fuimaono, imagine having a 6...
    Last edited by ozynorts; 29-03-23 at 06:14 PM.