Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Yes you're right MT, the vinegar should have been squeezed out of us all and don't start getting cute or you'll get a reputation for being a man of reason ... heaven forbid. I'm sure DH can stand toe to toe with you on the political humour front. If I try that here I'll get sent to a western gulag :-(
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Very excited for this weekends game. Marks my 10th consecutive year as a member (same year I moved to the Coast). Win or lose, I'm just glad I can see the boys live again. While they do my head all the way in (and most definitely not for good enough reasons), the love, passion and dedication I have for this team will never cease. Supposed to be a scorcher this Saturday as well, so hopefully that is advantageous for us?

Seeing predictions for a crowd of about 15k+. Hoping it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    Supposed to be a scorcher this Saturday as well, so hopefully that is advantageous for us? Seeing predictions for a crowd of about 15k+. Hoping it's true.
    The heat can have the reverse effect on crowds….+30 sees a lot of fickle fans head off to the beach.
    I feel sorry for those that sit in the Eastern stand, they are gunna roast.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I feel sorry for those that sit in the Eastern stand, they are gunna roast.
    That will be me.....
    Still can't wait for the game though.

Junior

well done Appsy. joy will come to us one day!

First Grader

I really hope Tannah is working on creativity with that right side, Storm and teams going forward are going to cover us so easily if he doesn't pick up his play making. As much as Fifita got caught lacking on defence in the last game, he's also doing everything right now on the attacking side while being targeted non stop. We need to using the right way more.

We've been very predictable so far in how we've played. We run a block play right on the 3rd out to get us going left on the 4th and if not Tannah just has been doing the same kicks. Obviously this is where we are missing Fermor in a big way but Tannah has struggled on the right the whole time.

We seem very predictable in the first two rounds and from watching most games a lot of defences a way better at defending how we're attacking, especially on their line.

Got my tickets, if it's this hot we're all going to be f'ed.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 16-03-23 at 12:23 PM.

I'm not too concerned with our good-ball attack tbh, but our yardage sets are pretty bad. We look capable enough to score points in good-ball and have the right players to create. We just can't get enough possession in good field position to build pressure and put the opposition under stress in either round so far. More ball movement and variation early in sets would be nice but it's our defence, discipline and errors that are killing us. We surrender any good field position and can't control the middle to flip momentum. When you're constantly returning the ball from deep in your own territory it's always going to be ugly.

Tanah's game needs to be simplified instead of complicated IMO. Run the ball. Get the team to spots. We should be setting on the right post for a shift-left as the hot option with any good field position with Foran and Fifita there. Tanah just needs to cut the stupid errors, make his tackles, get to the end of sets and kick well. And have a middle that controls the ruck better so we can get some genuine attacking possession for more than five times a game would be nice too haha

First Grader

Agree HS, Our yardage should be better with the bigger forwards but losing Verrills is big for any creativity out of the 9 and I think Tannah has to make up for most of it. I'd love to see him run around 10 times a game like you said just to keep teams honest out that side. I'd let him go over to the left occasionaly and connect with Fifi a little bit, I imagine Tannah would feel more comfortable on the attacking end and he'd give him a bit more room to run or playmake.

The issue I see with the kicking is it seems Foran can't or doesn't want to so it does limit what options Tannah make and teams can really put pressure on him and if AJ kicks you know it's 90% a bomb, I don't blame Tannah for any of this but I also don't want to see the same kick every time like he's been doing. I know Foran had the cork but he didn't do any from memory in the first game either which got Tannah caught a couple of times.

We'd have to be in the top 3 for errors, I can't remember us ever having so many in two games and they all seem to be in our own half, absolutely killing ourselves.

It's been a long time since I have been able to attend a game at home, is there a pub or the like near the ground yet?

Only one I can think of is The sporting globe at Robina Town centre. What we need is our own little Caxton street near CBUS, but with how the area has been rapidly developing its seeming more and more unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    It's been a long time since I have been able to attend a game at home, is there a pub or the like near the ground yet?
    Yeah, Sporting Globe is good. Gets very crowded so get there early or miss out on a seat. But if you are only after a quiet beer without the noise I would go to Mudgeeraba Bowls Club which is next to Firth Park (Free Shuttle bus to the game). The other option would be Woodchoppers pub at Mudgeeraba. But this is about a 700 metre walk to Firth Park and if it is hot it maybe a little uncomfortable. Both the options are quiet (so no footy atmosphere). 3rd option is the Wallaby Hotel about a 1klm walk to Firth. I know that the Dog & Parrot pub at Robina used to have a free bus to the game. You would need to Google that to find if it still runs.

Thanks for the feedback all. Will check the options.

Tino presenting Iszac with his debut jersey

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp4Tj..._web_copy_link

Very wholesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Very wholesome.
    I'm not crying you are

Very wholesome, hopefully the boys can get a win for him tomorrow.
    Last edited by NSW Titan; 17-03-23 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Very wholesome.
    Beautiful to see.
    Really can tell we’ve got a good bunch of young men in our club.