Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Maybe Jo Vuna's last big opportunity to be a regular in the NRL, would love to see him rise to the occasion. Hoping for Moe to not be completely stinky for one game post-2020.

Also, thank god we traded for Chris Randall this off-season lol big brain move from the Titans. Just a shame we had to lose GT's defensive weapon Greg Marzhew in the move.

Predicting a Joe Stimson revenge game with 2 tries, while Bellamy spams 4th and 5th tackle plays down our left edge. Either Melbourne romp home 18+ or we grind out a very weird classic gritty Titans victory off the back of Joe Stimdaddy's efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Maybe Jo Vuna's last big opportunity to be a regular in the NRL, would love to see him rise to the occasion. Hoping for Moe to not be completely stinky for one game post-2020.

Also, thank god we traded for Chris Randall this off-season lol big brain move from the Titans. Just a shame we had to lose GT's defensive weapon Greg Marzhew in the move.

Predicting a Joe Stimson revenge game with 2 tries, while Bellamy spams 4th and 5th tackle plays down our left edge. Either Melbourne romp home 18+ or we grind out a very weird classic gritty Titans victory off the back of Joe Stimdaddy's efforts.
    yawn, another day another cheapshot fired at me, am I living rent-free in your head or something? Chris Randall is bog average, and it showed on Sunday night. I still stand by what I said in that I would have kept Marzhew around for another year while AKP continued developing in QCup, and Spry not being ready. If you're so mad at my opinion that you have to keep taking shots at me then maybe a discussion forum isn't for you.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 14-03-23 at 05:59 PM.

Just like to point out that AKP doesn't actually make the starting 13 when BK is healthy

...and neither would've Marzhew...who played NSW cup for the Knights on the weekend. So he'd be developing in Qcup with AKP, just 5 years his senior and likely at the top of his learning curve.

The question is really did we need a depth hooker or a depth winger more.

As you can see the Knights forum is really excited by the Marzhew trade after seeing his defensive work in the trials and in Cup

...sorry but I got a laugh out of that haha

First Grader

Marzhew played 25 games for us and I reckon he cost us at least 12 points a game he played, Dude has to score a hat trick every game just to break even, and if he scores three the opposition probably got 6.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 14-03-23 at 06:09 PM.

I read that Marzhew also carried an injury during pre-season which didn't help his cause. Interesting when the Knights got rid of Randall their forum gave zero ****s because of how average he is. NZTITAN out here making out he's the next Cam Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Marzhew played 25 games for us and I reckon he cost us at least 12 points a game he played, Dude has to score a hat trick every game just to break even, and if he scores three the opposition probably got 6.
    I miss his hard carries out of yardage tbh. Strong body close to the line, just pass to him and he'll 9 times out of 10 muscle is way over. Kelly will be back but weren't we sh!tting on how bad he was defensively last year as well or has that completely slipped people's minds? He was a terrible defensive liability.

I guess when it comes down to it the opportunity arose for us to trade a bad defender for a depth hooker who IMO has very few redeeming qualities other than that...he can play hooker.

And let's just leave it there.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 14-03-23 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This may well come back to bite me but I feel better about this team than last week's fruit salad.

For a start we only have three hookers instead of the five we had last week and we have some starch in the centres with BK back and Sami on a wing ... yes I know that left edge will be a target but so will everywhere else. Plus we actually have selected players that in theory will add something when they come on in whatever random and eclectic manner our coach determines after he has consulted the tea leaves in his cup.

@HS you're wasting your hard-earned on a therapist, you are just one of the very many of us who are past the point of no return and condemned to a slow "death by a thousand tries against".

Glass half full, baby!!!
    I'm with you T. Lots to like about the side, except that Erin will have to play some hooker. Hopefully Lofi switches sides, it's the only way it makes sense. All eyes on Mo and his early D.

The changes indicate Holbrook has admitted he buggered it up on Friday night last week with his selections.

PS. against the Dragons;

Fifita 28 tackles, missed 6
    Tino 38 tackles, missed just 1 (also sick leading into this game).
    Mo 25 tackles, missed 3
    Liu 21 trackles, missed 3
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 14-03-23 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I read that Marzhew also carried an injury during pre-season which didn't help his cause. Interesting when the Knights got rid of Randall their forum gave zero ****s because of how average he is. NZTITAN out here making out he's the next Cam Smith.

I miss his hard carries out of yardage tbh. Strong body close to the line, just pass to him and he'll 9 times out of 10 muscle is way over. Kelly will be back but weren't we sh!tting on how bad he was defensively last year as well or has that completely slipped people's minds? He was a terrible defensive liability.

I guess when it comes down to it the opportunity arose for us to trade a bad defender for a depth hooker who IMO has very few redeeming qualities other than that...he can play hooker.

And let's just leave it there.
    We traded a depth winger for a depth hooker. That's it.

Which of the above did our roster need more at the time?

Yep, leave it there.

First Grader

I think you're really discounting how actually bad Marzhew is, He was by far the worst in the comp and even struggles in reserve grade on defence, If he was even just below average he'd probably be worth it a top 10 winger, He's never going to figure it out though..

It was a trade of lower level squad players, No one thinks Randal is C. Smith haha, we know he can defend and pass and that's the best you can hope for in a back up 9 in the NRL, It's the position with the least talent.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 14-03-23 at 06:55 PM.

If he's really that bad then why did Newcastle want him in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We traded a depth winger for a depth hooker. That's it.

Which of the above did our roster need more at the time?

Yep, leave it there.
    Yeah until your mate fires off at me again.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 14-03-23 at 06:59 PM.

First Grader

It's Newcastle, If you said anyone good I'd agree... They probably see him as that hot girl who's crazy but you think you can fix. You could say the exact same thing for us and Parra letting him go, If he's good why's he keep getting moved on and only played 25 games at 26.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 14-03-23 at 07:07 PM.

Rep Player

If he's really that bad then why did Newcastle want him in the first place?

Yeah until your mate fires off at me again.
    They wanted Lachlan Miller so they could move Pinga to 6. Knights aren’t a great benchmark for decision making at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

yawn, another day another cheapshot fired at me, am I living rent-free in your head or something? Chris Randall is bog average, and it showed on Sunday night. I still stand by what I said in that I would have kept Marzhew around for another year while AKP continued developing in QCup, and Spry not being ready. If you're so mad at my opinion that you have to keep taking shots at me then maybe a discussion forum isn't for you.
    If Randall was any more than bog average, I’d be worried about our spending because he’s our backup hooker. He was signed to fill a role in the squad and I think he’s the right guy for it.

Better than Clarke.

Anyway, this weekend is going to be hard to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    It would be nice if the club gave us some sort of info on Verrills and Jojo instead of just "out with an injury"
    If you don't know then you don't want to know

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    They wanted Lachlan Miller so they could move Pinga to 6. Knights aren’t a great benchmark for decision making at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

If Randall was any more than bog average, I’d be worried about our spending because he’s our backup hooker. He was signed to fill a role in the squad and I think he’s the right guy for it.
    yeah fair enough, forgot about Miller too. I take all of your points.

Just hate being name-dropped for a **** take I might have had. No need to make it personal.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 14-03-23 at 09:43 PM.

"It's just an opinion" - Forum members when they disagree with each other? Or former Minister reflecting on legal advice that turned out to be correct at the Robodebt Royal Commission???

"We're absolutely not going to do that. We're going to double down." - Justin Holbrook when someone suggested that he might pick a decent sized middle to bolster his already light pack, after losing JJ last Friday night? Or said former Minister to a public servant who suggested that the Govt needed to apologise for Robodebt and start reparations before it got ugly????

Sorry if this stirs anyone up. Just trying some light comic relief. I don't believe anyone wants to get personal on here and if they do, there are other forums for them. Tone isn't always obvious in the written word but I genuinely don't think there's anything or anyone nasty here. We're Titans ffs!
    Last edited by MaroonTitan; 14-03-23 at 10:22 PM.