Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    First Grader

The nrl gave the bulldogs dispensation over ther couple of injuries to their starters. Hopefully the club is requesting it for Iszac?

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Thanks HS. Do you think it's too early to play Iszac? Is it worth putting him in the 30 this week?

How were Klese and Alick? One better than the other?

The extra value in Vuna and Alick is they can both play middle and edge, which could be a good compliment to Stimson's versatility too.
    Tough one. One round of Qcup isn't really a big enough sample size to upgrade someone for an entire season but we're also short on quality middles. Guess the question is does it actually improve the middle rotation right now. It's a big performance for sure but for some perspective, Sam Mac and Erin Clark are also a cut above Qcup whenever they drop back. So you're weighing up whether promoting him now actually improves the team immediately. Iszac is still a young project at the end of the day and if he's not improving the 17 immediately, the smarter move might be to let him continue to develop in Qcup and keep that top 30 spot open.

I've got Klese ahead of Alick.

Is Kelly back this week? If so that's a no-brainer Sami/Kelly although LKP has shown glimpses of something and he can do some self-reflection before his next opportunity. Boyd is worth at least another shot but cut the friggin' short drop kicks out. At least we go up in 6's when he's goal kicking.

I can't get past Mo's drop in form. Does he need to start? I feel yes to that. Then it's the bench. Not one of the bench options is doing it for me at all: JC, Clark are two small bodies and we have nothing after that but a lot of air to Klese and the two hookers Sammy Mc and Randell (imagine we had 4 hookers last week, must be some kind of record) then more air to the developing group. Two key injuries in Fermor and JJ have exposed us royally. Incredibly I think Holbrook will be looking enviously at Herman even though he can't crack Bennett's lot.
    Last edited by Titanic; 13-03-23 at 06:42 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Just reading the Affiliated wrap which had IF making 153 metres and 29 tackles in only 48 minutes and Kini making 247 metres in 80 minutes.

Good effort by the Bears beating the premiers in rainy conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    With the players out injured (NAS, Olam, Munster, Paps and possibly Coates) plus the players who left this year, it is the best possible time to be playing the Storm at our 1st home game.

Although they will come out firing from the rocket given by Bellyache, they are not the same side as in previous years.

There are no excuses for us this week
    Yea after getting spanked last week against the Dogs they will be primed regardless of the outs.

We really need to tune up our side. I hope we can see some of the above suggestions in black and white later today.

Agree on Sami/BK. And fine to see Boyd get another shot. Loss of fan favs JJ and BF has blown a hole in our side.

How is Verrills? I haven't seen any reports about his fitness. Fingers crossed.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yikes...storm expected to have Coates, Olam, Kamikamica and Sims all back for this weekend

First Grader

Iszac and Vuna in. Kelly back and pushes Sami to the wing. Verrills and Jojo out and Sam Mac dropped. AKP keeps his spot due to Jojos injury.

Olam, Kamikamica, Coates and Sims return and Pezet gets his debut at 14.

We're in trouble hahahaha. Hopefully we switch AKP to the right wing with Schoupp.

https://www.titans.com.au/draw/nrl-p...itans-v-storm/
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 14-03-23 at 04:06 PM.

Jojo injured for anyone wondering.

FFS just realised Verrills is out

First Grader

We're so screwed lol

No verrils and fifita makes it hard with Olam and Coates back either warbrick Coates or Olam will run right over the top of Kahn Pereira

If you want a fun activity to ruin your week go through the teamlists side by side and envision the height difference in their team compared to ours across the board

We look like a pack of midgets + Tino

First Grader

It would be nice if the club gave us some sort of info on Verrills and Jojo instead of just "out with an injury"

another L on the cards here.

This may well come back to bite me but I feel better about this team than last week's fruit salad.

For a start we only have three hookers instead of the five we had last week and we have some starch in the centres with BK back and Sami on a wing ... yes I know that left edge will be a target but so will everywhere else. Plus we actually have selected players that in theory will add something when they come on in whatever random and eclectic manner our coach determines after he has consulted the tea leaves in his cup.

@HS you're wasting your hard-earned on a therapist, you are just one of the very many of us who are past the point of no return and condemned to a slow "death by a thousand tries against".

Glass half full, baby!!!
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-03-23 at 05:19 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Hopefully it's an absolute scorcher. It's saying 31 right now which would cook those Storm boys. It's both teams first day games but training over the summer should give us an advantage you'd hope.

Tino and Iszac are going to be super up for it, Vuna needs to cemend himself in top grade and is super fit and Kelly is playing for a contract outside Foran which could be massive for us with him and Fifi, That's a super lethal edge with the ball, without it could be a concern.... AKP needs to prove he's up to this level and Tannah needs to have a good game against a top 8 team after having a shocker and will need to do more playmaking with Verrills out, Being back at home should be big for both I hope.

You'd hope our middle doesn't get carved up anywhere near as much this week with the new bench and some video sessions but who knows with this team haha. I do prefer having Mo with Tino and Liu compared to Sam Mac and Clark.

Bellamy has had quite a few of these situations the last few years and Storm haven't always responded + They're missing all their leaders who have left or are injured besides Welch, They haven't been in this position with this group with Welch as captain.