Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 3: TITANS vs STORM (2023)

TITANS vs STORM
    Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
    3pm Saturday 18 March 2023
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Got my tickets already, can't wait.

NRL 2023 | Melbourne Storm v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs | Match Highlights
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x_j6XSDUmKM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Not good they just lost to the doggies, will make next week really hard for us

No NAS should help … that knee didn’t look good at all nor Munster or Olam. We are a good chance.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

They could have saved that poor game for us. Bellamy will have them fired up but will it be enough to overcome their injuries is key.
    Can’t wait to see the boys live.

They looked more dead than alive today.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So...

BK to centre and Sami to wing?
    Stimson to the middle, Klese to the edge? Vuna to the middle rotation after a decent showing for Tweed?
    None of the above?

Tanah will be the 7 again and I think fair enough, but jeez he simply cannot afford to have another performance anywhere near last night's.

First Grader

I'd probably keep Stimson there especially against the Storm but by a bye round if we continue to look bad I think Klese or whoever is playing best comes in, Alick seems to be back in the second row. Surely a middle has to come in for this game and Vuna would be fine, I saw Iszac had some nice stats as well but his play the ball is still pretty slow but was that because of longer minutes? Could we get a exemption because of Jolliffes injury or we could just upgrade him, I'd probably prefer a taller body to replace Jolliffe but can't be choosy with our options.

BK and Sami 100%, I think that makes us a lot better on both sides of the ball and adds a lot more physicality on both sides.

I'm very afraid of Hughes and Katoa, They seemed to be really getting their act together in the second half against Dogs.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 13-03-23 at 10:49 AM.

Yeah I think we need to bring Klese into the team and drop Sam Mac. Stimson into the middle for some starch and Haas right edge second row. Clark back to the bench where he can have more impact than as an undersized starter.

BK left centre and Sami pushed out to left wing.

I don't trust Vuna at this stage, but I'd give him a run next round if we have another stinker against Melbourne.

I'd be very, very tempted to drop Boyd after his absolute joke of a game against the Dragons but I think he's probably earned one more chance on the back of the end of last season's form. If he struggles again this week its time to bring JC into the spine at his expense. He's clearly a far more talented footballer than Boyd, even if the fit isn't ideal between Foran, AJ and JC.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 13-03-23 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    So...

BK to centre and Sami to wing?
    Stimson to the middle, Klese to the edge? Vuna to the middle rotation after a decent showing for Tweed?
    None of the above?

Tanah will be the 7 again and I think fair enough, but jeez he simply cannot afford to have another performance anywhere near last night's.
    It's a YES, YES and YES from me HS. If Klese can't handle the assignment, we can move Stimson back and bring on Vuna.

Did Vuna stand out over Iszac and Alick on the weekend? Did Klese play?

Roll out the same team. May as well stick to last years game plan

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    It's a YES, YES and YES from me HS. If Klese can't handle the assignment, we can move Stimson back and bring on Vuna.

Did Vuna stand out over Iszac and Alick on the weekend? Did Klese play?
    Iszac was the best of the middles IMO. Vuna was solid but Iszac had a big contribution in his 48 minutes.

Klese played on the edge for Tweed. Alick played edge for Burleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Iszac was the best of the middles IMO. Vuna was solid but Iszac had a big contribution in his 48 minutes.

Klese played on the edge for Tweed. Alick played edge for Burleigh.
    Thanks HS. Do you think it's too early to play Iszac? Is it worth putting him in the 30 this week?

How were Klese and Alick? One better than the other?

The extra value in Vuna and Alick is they can both play middle and edge, which could be a good compliment to Stimson's versatility too.

First Grader

With the players out injured (NAS, Olam, Munster, Paps and possibly Coates) plus the players who left this year, it is the best possible time to be playing the Storm at our 1st home game.

Although they will come out firing from the rocket given by Bellyache, they are not the same side as in previous years.

There are no excuses for us this week