Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
    First Grader

All good HS. We will just have to agree to disagree

Had the pleasure of watching that on the bus on my phone. Wasn't fun. Things looked promising early. Verrills was great when on the field and we struggled without him. JJ was a huge loss before the match and hope to see hm back as soon as possible.

We really got muscled. Can't remember a worst kicking game in recent memory.

Injury and sickness also set us back. I always think "How the hell do NRL players play when they are sick?" I don't even want to roll out of bet and into work. Anyway, just another reason why I admire professional players, well any player who does it.

Dragons deserve a heap of credit. They started the season with a bang. Good on them. Hunt, Sloan, Liddle.

The Dragons enjoyed 60 per cent of possession in the victory and completed at 82 per cent.
    While the NRL side wear the dunce hat this week, well done to the forum for posting a heap of interesting takes and fleshed out opinions. I also agree that Holbrook's bizzare use of the interchange bench has been burning us for years.

NRL 2023 | Dragons v Titans | Match Highlights
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mmflWk5XyPg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Good stuff DH.

One thing that got missed was Dragons had won there last 3 games last season with one of them being us while we thought we had momentum, Obviously new season and all that but I think they got overlooked a fair bit. We really need to start holding the ball....

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    WD, I hate to be that guy but if you're going to use terminology like that to try and make your point..

When sloan went through (from dummy half) he's cut in behind the ruck taking advantage of Fifita having a slow release from marker (and it works...he takes two steps backwards and it's game over from there). If Liu makes that tackle, it's great - but shouldn't need to happen. Sloan ran because he knew Fifita wouldn't set, release and get to him. It's got nothing to do with Liu being an A defender and the "effort area" is on Fifita there.

The second one he is not the A defender? The ruck happened five men to his right. Nonetheless, I agree it's a poor play from Liu in that instance who should've got his body in front.

It's clear you're not a fan of his WD and that's all good but I think trying to use isolated instances like that in a game like that to call him a plodder and ignoring his other contributions isn't really reasonable. Just my thoughts.
    Any chance you are free Monday mornings to go over tape with the team?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Any chance you are free Monday mornings to go over tape with the team?
    Unfortunately it clashes with my weekly therapist appointment to deal with the disappointment of supporting this team

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Unfortunately it clashes with my weekly therapist appointment to deal with the disappointment of supporting this team
    Does your Therapist offer group sessions? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    Does your Therapist offer group sessions? Asking for a friend.
    Ah-ha, the Lemming Theory.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.