Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Sami dropping too many balls
    What do you mean, he’s way past puberty.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

How far off is Klese Haas? Might be safest to just start Stimson on the edge and Klese off the bench and ease him into it will help having Foran on the left edge atleast he can make any backrower look alright.

First Grader

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpU4oC_r...d=NTdlMDg3MTY=

Fifita on the left next to Foran?

First Grader

Looks like it, I reckon that post means Haas has been picked maybe for the bench?

Stimson has always been right side so it makes sense if he was there, I thought I might've seen Liu in one short clip I saw but was to hard to tell and looked for something different.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 04-03-23 at 10:19 AM.

Looking at kleses insta he was on the right edge with fifta and Foran tackling him on the left edge I think fifita moved to left and Stimson on the right with Klese on the bench looks to be the way to go

Not to tempt fate or anything...

Lucky Leichhardt: A Titans fortress against the Tigers
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...st-the-tigers/

Leichhardt Oval is a ground filled with history, memories and success for the Tigers... but not when the Titans have come to visit.

The spiritual home for the Balmain connection of the joint-venture, the 89-year venue has been a happy hunting ground for the Gold Coast, winning all but one of their previous clashes there - last knocking over the home side in Round 16, 2018.

In fact, the Wests Tigers are the team the Titans have had the most success against since joining the NRL in 2007; with a 63 percent success rate against their combatants.

Winning eight of the past 10 matches against the merger including last year's gritty 8-6 contest at Cbus Super Stadium, the Titans will be primed to continue revelling in success, particularly with the Tigers having won only two of their past seven games at Leichhardt.

Although, the Coast will have to fight off their Round 1 hoodoo, not having won their season opener since 2018 - 30-28 against the Raiders at Robina.

Kick-off is at 5.15pm AEST on Sunday, live on Fox League and Kayo Sports.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Wests Tigers: Coaching Insider: Round 1
    https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/...sider-round-1/
    Tim Sheens talks to media ahead of our season-opener against Gold Coast Titans at Leichhardt Oval.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...fermor-injury/

Sam Mac in with Stimson starting, Don't love it but what can you do, Probably best for now, Really didn't like Sam Macs defence in the middle for the trials so hopefully proves me wrong if he plays there. Hope he has something to prove against his old team. Seems Fifita is on the left to.

As long as don't put Mo and Sam Mac together we should be Ok , Tigers have a odd bench and aren't that big, They've got Simpkons but also a winger/centre with Twal and Pole who's a rookie (highly rated but still a rookie). It gives me a bit more confidence after seeing that.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 04-03-23 at 09:45 PM.

This is a worry to me.
    One man goes down at the very start of the season and we are reshuffling..WTF
    Our depth wouldn't drown a Porcupine

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    This is a worry to me.
    One man goes down at the very start of the season and we are reshuffling..WTF
    Our depth wouldn't drown a Porcupine
    I actually think we have good depth, we just don't have a single legitimate 'link' back-rower between Fermor/Fifita and untried/rookie back-row stock. Stimson is probably more of a middle these days and isn't really even a low-end starter, McIntyre probably the same.

At the same time, christ the overall league-wide back-row options are weaaak lately, very few second-rowers that can do it on both ends, don't think we're the only team with problems there. I'm slightly intrigued about Stimson and think he could be one of those random great buys a team makes that no one expects, he has a lot of things going for him in that case. Either way, anticipate growing pains over the next couple weeks adjusting to the shift.

Agree though, sucks we have to basically re-shuffle a legitimate puzzle piece from one edge to the other, changes things dramatically on the eve of our first game.

First Grader

I know Curran has some court case happening but I wonder if the club would consider trying to grab him

Curran is signed up until 2025. I really like him as a player though.

Our depth is pretty good IMO….we just lost one of our best players so naturally the drop off is going to be a fair bit. Context is important. They could’ve just slotted someone straight in for Fermor on the left but in the context of the injury (long term), how we play and our roster options, moving Fifita to the left and finding someone else to fill the right could be the best option for the season even though it’ll be shaky to start. I don’t think todays option is what they’ll stick with once they get more time to train and work it out.

Anyway, game day…
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 05-03-23 at 09:41 AM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Curran is signed up until 2025. I really like him as a player though.
    He's only coming off the bench in NZ, far too good to be in a bench role. I'm sure if the offer was there he would agitate for a release. Or even a loan deal for the season. Long shot but meh why not give it a go

First Grader

Ya'll gotta stop hahaha, Curran is highly rated by the Warriors, He's not up to fitness is why he's not starting and they aren't letting him go when he just signed for 4 years.... He beat up a 16 year old a bar and is going to miss a lot of games at some point, Currans defence is not good either and might be the real reason he's not in the starting squad. We've finally got a no d-head policy as well and Curran gets rid of that quickly, I'd rather a good culture.

We haven't even seen how this team looks. Stimson is going to be fine, He did a decent job last year next to Kyle Flannigan... Stimsons not some bum, He's not Fermor but I really think people are overeacting haha. Stimson will do the job on defence and that's by far my main concern with this team.

I also kind've prefer having Fifi on the left with Foran, He still can't defend with Tannah and this might be better for everyone, Stimson improves that side as well.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 05-03-23 at 10:32 AM.