Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Rep Player

Was the perfect game of bend don’t break. Refereeing was completely against us today and we found a way to win. Defence looked great! The silly (and potentially game changing) errors that continue to plague us the last 10 years are still there but I think the titans of old would have folded. Some work to do but let’s drink in a round one win. Cheers boys
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 05-03-23 at 09:16 PM.

First Grader

So proud of the effort and heart from the boys in defence, as others have said all momentum and possession was against us, not to mention we only got 1 6 again and 1 penalty, but we still found a way to get it done. So encouraging to see Fifita doing the dirty work, and I think he will have the best season of his career next to Foz (praying hes okay.) Was so impressed by all our recruits and in particular pleasantly surprised with Stimson and Schoupp, they were both animals in D and I would keep Stimson on that right edge.

Cheers to a great start to the year lads!

First Grader

Stimson was massive and Schoup did very well. Our right side defense was great.

Fifita put in a big effort and having outside Foran will unleash him this year.

Overall great defensive effort all round particular with the ridiculous one sided reffing so hats off to Brett White.

Interesting to see Mal in the coaches box.

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    How come everyone ignores me on here

Did anyone notice the hot girl in the tigers box
    Because you just aren't funny

First Grader

Just watching again and Liu was really good, best game he's probably played for us. I don't know if he's close with Verrills but he seems way happier at the club with him here, maybe even just football wise.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpZyRI5pk6H/

lessgo
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-03-23 at 10:04 AM.

Second that Liu was very solid today. Even his carries were semi-effective for once haha

What a awful start! I felt like I was going to have a stroke.
    Schoup hits hard in defence and is very physical. Him and Naden use to play together at the dogs and I think they got into a push and shove before. I would like to see schoup bring that intensity into the next game.
    Foran is such a good player. Multiple times he put shots on and ran into the line. Hope he’s ok.
    You could see once we got a quick play the ball verrils helped keep the momentum going.

All the new recruits made a big difference dogs gonna regret letting schoup go he's got that dawg in him always wants to dominate his opposing center so strong in defence

I have to be honest, Boyd struggled defensively again and he really doesnt bring enough to the table offensively to justify carrying him and his inability to read to play in defense. I hate to say it because the bloke seems like a great guy with a good team first attitude.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 06-03-23 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    I have to be honest, Boyd struggled defensively again and he really doesnt bring enough to the table offensively to justify carrying him and his inability to read to play in defense. I hate to say it because the bloke seems like a great guy with a good team first attitude.
    I thought his off-ball contributions, getting to spots on the field, consistency with how sets are playing out was solid. That’s what you need a halfback to do when he’s not directly involved in where the ball is going and his role was muted with Fifita shifting to the left and our lack of good-ball.

I agree he’s got some defensive things he needs to improve on but he’s doing enough to persevere with in the 7 IMO.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    He wasnt spectacular but there is enough there to like and its a new halves combination for him to work towards. He will improve as the games wear on but yeah he needs to stick on his tackles more. Where he is a massive asset is that hes an exceptional goal kicker which is what we need with how close the games are these days

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I thought his off-ball contributions, getting to spots on the field, consistency with how sets are playing out was solid. That’s what you need a halfback to do when he’s not directly involved in where the ball is going and his role was muted with Fifita shifting to the left and our lack of good-ball.

I agree he’s got some defensive things he needs to improve on but he’s doing enough to persevere with in the 7 IMO.
    His goal kicking has been massive for us and he's still a better defender then Toby right now, I would've liked him to switch up the kicking a bit more as it got predictable for the Tigers but that's stuff he'll work on, It's also why I really like having Stimson with him, He protected Tannah.

Can't forget how good his running game was against the dolphins when we were playing on the front foot. Still made some solid try saving tackles on his own line a couple times. The 2022 titans would've lost that game the minute we went up 18-2 like the time we were up 24-0 against the Broncos and lost. Good signs early on that we could hold on and get the win with foran off. Boyd will get better the longer the season goes the more time him and Foran play together

First Grader

We would've lost it in the first 10 mins last year haha.

Tigers lost it we didn't win, looked very average against a **** storm of a team. When we play a real team we will get shown up, we have no attacking creativity.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).