Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

A lot of things to like from the game. Our defence, line speed (thanks Joe) and kick chase were much improved with room for further improvement but it shows we're on the right track.

We're surely not going to start so poorly against every other team and there were some clangers that we can avoid easily. The ref was atrocious but we're used to it. I think it's after the Sam Mac try - the ref looks absolutely gutted to have to award it. But as one of the smaller clubs, we'll always battle to get 50/50s or even some kind of rub of the green. From the way we've been reffed since we were contenders, it's obvious that the NRL think we're there just to make up the numbers. Some early wins can help turn that around.

In attack there's heaps of good stuff to come. I loved that scrum play for Brimmo's try - an oldie but a goodie. Foran is going to do wonders for Fifita this year and Schoupp, Jojo, Clark and Verrils are just warming up. I thought Clark was quieter than expected but he's going to be great for us. You could also see some good signs around the ruck with Verrills to Liu to Mo? for good metres and as that sharpens, it will translate to line breaks.

We're also playing a makeshift centre in Sami with a rookie outside him, so that left edge will only strengthen from now. One or two training sessions with the second rowers in place and they both shone. There's good stuff to come.

Sure the Tigers were less than but we only have to beat what is in front of us. If we start well, we should be too much for Saints. I also like it when what we have to work on during the week is made obvious from the last game. Hunt will target Sami and Lofi with his kicking game and Suli will run at them with every chance. It'll be a good test for them. Also looking forward to Sua and Fifita coming together.

Yes to all that MT and although the reffing was atrocious he was a rookie in front of the most intimidating of all home venues AND we prevailed. I thought it was a particularly good season starter. Wests didn’t lose it, we knocked them off their game and even tried how many times to invite them back with not one, not two but FIVE rubbish mis-starts.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If Marzhew was still out on that right edge we would've probably lost by 12. Big, big difference.

Think this game had tons of indicators about where we're at, lots of pressure defensively, the tide was very much against us for most of that game, a hungry Wests team, definitely feels like that was a game top 8 teams win in gritty fashion and we did just that.

I was at the game at Leichhardt Oval last night and had almost front row tickets near the middle of the field, I can tell you I have never seen so many Titans fans at an away game (there still wasn't many fans compared to the Tigers, but we had a lot more than previous years). The fan base also held there own in the cheering session, bogans and booze what else would you expect.

What I was most impressed with was how many times I saw Foran give Fifita a spray for not getting into defensive position fast enough.

All round I think our goal line defense was pretty decent, and in general we didn't shy away from contact whilst defending, we are still letting in too many metres in the middle of the ground but defense has improved drastically from last year (so far).

Also happy with how much faster we were forming attacking structures compared to the Tigers, everyone was in position a lot faster. In saying this the Tigers looked absolutely gassed by the 30min mark. So I am hoping our preseason conditioning has paid off, only time will tell but we looked a lot fitter than the Tigers.

First Grader

Any word on the foran injury?

First Grader

Ch 9 reporting Foran out up to a month

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Ch 9 reporting Foran out up to a month
    https://twitter.com/9newsgoldcoast/s...9qQag9WjQgsa7A

This is me being optimistic but I feel like they’re just going off what Holbrook said, they didn’t make any mention of his scan results or what the injury actually is. Until the club releases a report I won’t give up hope that it’s just a cork, but it’s not looking good

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I was at the game at Leichhardt Oval last night and had almost front row tickets near the middle of the field, I can tell you I have never seen so many Titans fans at an away game (there still wasn't many fans compared to the Tigers, but we had a lot more than previous years). The fan base also held there own in the cheering session, bogans and booze what else would you expect.
    I was there too and was also suprised with how many Titans fans at the ground there was. how good is footy at the suburban grounds, especially having Jersey Flegg, Nsw cup and then Nrl

Gee Indy and STF that’s real commitment. It’s a wonder they didn’t eat you but I agree there seemed to a good smattering of our jerseys on tv and we probably spied you guys. Awesome reporting too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans: Round 1 - Press Conference
    Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and Justin Holbrook chat to the media after their Round 1 clash with the Wests Tigers
    https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/te...itans-round-1/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Titans Fanatic View Post
    I was there too and was also suprised with how many Titans fans at the ground there was. how good is footy at the suburban grounds, especially having Jersey Flegg, Nsw cup and then Nrl
    Great to see you back mate! Hope we can catch some games in 2023. We used to go to heaps of games, including away games. Surviving Brookvale most memorable.

I agree about the curtain raisers. I had a dig at the Dolphins via email for not offering any curtain raiser.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

NRL 2023 | Wests Tigers v Gold Coast Titans | Match Highlights
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s2ebRHvq3fQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>