Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    First Grader

Your the don Titanic, Thanks.

What am I picking scores for though? Runs? tries? metres? schlong size? Where are my scores coming from?

I still can't find a good guide that teaches me any, what's the deal with injuries?
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 25-02-23 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Your the don Titanic, Thanks. What am I picking scores for though? Runs? tries? metres? schlong size? Where are my scores coming from?
    Haircuts rate well and the SC website lists the detail but the easiest way to transition the formulae is to look at their prices. The prices all reflect previous performances which is a good starting point.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Haircuts rate well and the SC website lists the detail but the easiest way to transition the formulae is to look at their prices. The prices all reflect previous performances which is a good starting point.
    Schlong size it is...I had about 14 titans in my squad hahahha

On the page where your team is listed in the top right hand corner there is a help section. Everything you need to know is there. I have pasted a summary of the scoring below.

Point scoring
    Stat Awarded/Deducted
    Try 17 Points
    Try Assist 12 Points
    Try Contribution 4 Points
    Goal 4 Points
    Missed Goal -2 Points
    Field Goal 5 Points
    2 Point Field Goal 10 Points
    Missed Field Goal/2 Point Field Goal -1 Point
    Tackle 1 Point
    Missed Tackle -1 Point
    Tackle Break 2 Points
    Forced Drop Out/Forced Scrum 6 Points
    Effective Offload 4 Points
    Ineffective Offload 2 Points
    Line Break 10 Points
    Line Break Assist 8 Points
    40/20 & 20/40 10 Points
    Kick and Regather Break 8 Points
    Hitup (all runs) 8 metres or more 2 Points
    Hitup (all runs) under 8 metres 1 Point
    Hold attacking player up in goal 3 Points
    Intercept taken 5 Points
    Kick that goes dead -3 Points
    Penalty Conceded -2 Points
    Error -2 Points
    Sin Bin/Send off -8/-16 Points

First Grader

Thank you, that's perfect.

That's an eyeopener. Never seen it broke down like that. Thanks ozynorts!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

You can see why some players who are very good NRL players are not SC relevant. There was a time where you would load up on 2RF fwds as they were SC gold (C Parker from the Broncos was a god) but these days Fb and half’s are the real points machines. Still need good 2RF and it pays to invest in at least 1 top hooker.

Question time to the brain's trust.

Is it bad tactics to field players selected as reserves for Round 1 as SC run-on players? Also how many R1 interchange players are acceptable for a Squad of 17?
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Question time to the brain's trust.

Is it bad tactics to field players selected as reserves for Round 1 as SC run-on players? Also how many R1 interchange players are acceptable for a Squad of 17?
    You want as many starters as possible in your team. Even in your reserves. I only have 1 non starting player in my whole side and that's franklin pele

Yep try, where possible, to avoid players in your starting 17 that are bench NRL players. I only have 2 players in my entire team that aren't starting NRL players.

First 17 need to be starting and big minutes, the rest ideally all playing big minutes and low priced to build your cash reserves as their prices increase. Those that aren't playing or only for little minutes will not increase in price. I repeat, don't blow all your trades in the first two weeks. Wait until just before the third game when you can assess who will increase or not and you will (a) save trades for later in the year when they are important, and (2) you might sneak in a cheap before they go up in price for the first time (which happen at week 3). Also note that there are several rule changes because of the bye:

RULE CHANGES

The addition of the Dolphins has seen huge changes in actual NRL, including an increase to 27 rounds (up from 25), while the uneven number of 17 teams means there must be at least one team on the bye per week. We have made the following changes to adapt to the new challenges, including:

• MORE TRADES: KFC SuperCoaches have an additional four trades this season, a total of 46.

• BYE ROUNDS REIMAGINED: While the maximum amount of trades per round remains at two, you’ll be able to make up to three trades per round in the ‘major’ bye rounds - 13, 16 and 19. Up to five Trade Boosts will be available once again, giving an extra trade on rounds you choose.

• BEST 13: With the new challenges of dealing with byes throughout the season, there will be a new “Best 13 Scoring” rule for the three major bye rounds (13, 16 and 19) where multiple teams have a bye. In these rounds, you’ll score from your best 13 players only.

I probably shouldn't do this but for those rookies on here you should check some things before you close shop for rd3. This week players will get their first value adjustment of the year so e.g. if you have a player like GL then you should probably ditch him for Kiraz which will make you around 100k.

Boy did I make a few mistakes with my first team this year... Used my first trade boost already..
    Don't know why I got C Walker, he burnt me last year but I went again, fool.

Rage trades on a Monday aplenty at the moment

Bye rounds look like being minefields and means spreading selections across every team … not ideal