Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just crossed another item off the list. Ensuring the email system works instantaneous so people can retrieve passwords.

Next I'm working on an updated avatar gallery.

Looking at the draw, I think we will do change over after our next trial but before Round 1.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Great stuff DH, I am sure you realise how much yours and the other mods' work is appreciated by the LoT community as a whole. Bring back the biffo ... and bring back ye olde thumbs up lololol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hi everybody. I wanted to give you an update on when we will change over.

Ideally it would have been pre-season. The next best time would be during our BYE week in Round 2 but before Round 3 teams are named.

We will take a snapshot of the forum Database then and use that for the site. The one I've been working with is from a month ago. But proves its in good order.

So I am thinking Saturday evening, 16 March. I will announce a specific time later.

It should be seamless and timely. But worst cause there are hours or day lap time in me taking it across. In that case, this forum will still be visible and you can cut/paste your posts that may have missed the boat.

I've been taking my time with this, trying to get it right with the future in mind. Also been busy with work.

I am thankful for your patience and will repay it.

Go mighty Titans!

Brad/DIEHARD

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Thanks for the update Brad ... great work.

UPDATE

So that didn't exactly work out and took me a little longer. Also I had some personal stuff to deal with this week.

1. The database is working great. So all the posts and threads are intact. Big cheer.
    2. I didn't manage to update it with the new posts since my last database save. I originally said it would be last Saturday or Sunday.
    3. Email System: This is because of the email system. We use that for password reminders and username registrations. You can imagine when we move over to new software, many people may need a new password. But unfortunately the first/default email system wasn't working because the emails were hours and hours late or didn't arrive at all due to being flagged as spam by google. That really pissed me off actually. I couldn't go forward with it behaving like that.
    4. So I had to experiment with two other, much better email delivery systems. (This is what I was doing this week). I'm using one that directly links and authenticates with gmail now. And the emails arrive straight away. (I just tested it again, to be sure.)
    5. With that done, I got another database save from last night. And I hope to have that online tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience. When it happens, I will post an announcement with info and URL of the new forum on the topic of this forum.

Let's hope we can celebrate with a win.

Brad/DIEHARD

Go DH, 2 to the Valley lol

Sounds like you are having fun mate. Hahahaaaa.
    Appreciate your work and look forward to the new forum.

Hi Titans fans

So I got things to a point last Friday where it was just where I wanted it. But just like Icarus who flew too close to the sun and the heat melted the wax on his wings. I wanted just a little bit more. So waited a couple of days and wanted to backup after the last game. Anyway. Instruction manuals told me to do it one way and I thought I knew better. And instead of the backup upload taking a few hours it took days. I ended up quoting after two. Unfortunately that all took up the five or so days I wanted to do this over and now I’m over in Japan for Easter.

But as I’ve said before. The good news is that everything works and I did get it to a point where I was really happy and I should have just did the change over. Live and learn. And it is a learning experience too.

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is a huge passion and priority for me. I value your patience. And it’s all going to come together soon. When it happens I’ll post an announcement with all the details. But it should interrupt people’s posting at all.

Happy Easter. On Sunday I’m going to the baseball over here. Yokohama vs Hiroshima Carp. And the next Friday it’s Tokyo Giants v Yokohama Baystars at Tokyo Dome. Watched the opening game last night on streaming here. Gee they know how to entertain. I’m just mentioning it because it so inspiring and makes me think of possibilities including fan development which is something we can really contribute to.

Brad/DIEHARD

Happy Easter DH and have some sushi Easter eggs and Dolphin sashimi.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hi Titans fans

So I got things to a point last Friday where it was just where I wanted it. But just like Icarus who flew too close to the sun and the heat melted the wax on his wings. I wanted just a little bit more. So waited a couple of days and wanted to backup after the last game. Anyway. Instruction manuals told me to do it one way and I thought I knew better. And instead of the backup upload taking a few hours it took days. I ended up quoting after two. Unfortunately that all took up the five or so days I wanted to do this over and now I’m over in Japan for Easter.

But as I’ve said before. The good news is that everything works and I did get it to a point where I was really happy and I should have just did the change over. Live and learn. And it is a learning experience too.

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is a huge passion and priority for me. I value your patience. And it’s all going to come together soon. When it happens I’ll post an announcement with all the details. But it should interrupt people’s posting at all.

Happy Easter. On Sunday I’m going to the baseball over here. Yokohama vs Hiroshima Carp. And the next Friday it’s Tokyo Giants v Yokohama Baystars at Tokyo Dome. Watched the opening game last night on streaming here. Gee they know how to entertain. I’m just mentioning it because it so inspiring and makes me think of possibilities including fan development which is something we can really contribute to.

Brad/DIEHARD
    Thanks for everything you do providing a platform for us to discuss everything Titans!

You're a legend Diehard!

Visit the new LOT forum now.

Hello Titans fans!

We have finally got the new forum software online and the good news is, I think we have ALL the posts and threads.

Follow this link: https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

This is a temporary website URL until I move it over. The old forum will remain accessible for the time being.

You can access it with your existing USERNAME and current PASSWORD. If you have forgotten, you can click the Forgot Password link on the new forum.

The new design isn't fully customised yet. But you can add your own avatars.

I will clean up the emojis and avatar galleries in the weeks ahead.

See you over on the new LOT!

And sincere thanks for everyone's patience and understanding. I'll pay it back.

Brad/DIEHARD