Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Immortal

Thanks HS and I thought I was good at maths haha, around 50 percent is an outstanding achievement

That is an absolutely extraordinary statistic.

A lot of clubs have this reputation of having an amazing juniors system but it doesn't stack up to scrutiny.

But this is very rewarding to watch develop. Thanks to everyone who contributes their opinions and insights.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Immortal

The results of the U17 and U19 sides on the weekend is certainly confirmation of the outstanding JTS Progan implemented by Jamie McCorack and his team.

Immortal

The Titans U19 side had wins in the pre-season against Newcastle, Penrith and Souths with all three of those sides excelling in the opening rounds of the U19 SG Ball competition with Penrith currently undefeated and Newcastle already with a 50 odd point win.

With the JTS Program the future is very bright for the Titans.

Devastating news that Jamie McCormack has left the club. No funding or clash with the club of retiring? Does anybody have a handle on what happened?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Devastating news that Jamie McCormack has left the club. No funding or clash with the club of retiring? Does anybody have a handle on what happened?
    No longer required T

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    No longer required T
    HS, I’ve been following your up-dates on the future pathways challenges, could you put that all into context please?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    HS, I’ve been following your up-dates on the future pathways challenges, could you put that all into context please?
    Just by observations mate, and I'll preface this by saying that our pathways is a mile ahead of where it was once upon a time.

The competitive landscape for junior recruitment is more difficult than ever. At 15's level, it's a free for all as NRL clubs compete for the best kids in that age group (the year they turn 15 is the year they can sign with a club) and the Titans target all of the Gold Coast, parts of Brisbane, Northern Rivers, and areas in NZ.

2017ish they overhauled our pathways with more investment/resources and we had a really, really good run for a few years and were landing the best kids in the region (e.g. Arama, Seth), as well as Bris (e.g. Josiah), plus getting some really good jr talent out of the Northern Rivers (e.g. Tom, Ryan Foran, Jaylan, Oskar). This continued and our current U18's group is arguably the strongest we've had (e.g. Sam Stephenson, Cooper Bai, Zane Harrison). I've always said there's no guarantee kids turn into NRL players and that's always the case, but you have to recruit the best to give yourself the best chance of developing and transitioning the best.

In the last 2-3 years, we've really struggled to land the top tier of kids on the GC. In fact, our best kids in 15's to 17's are out of NZ due to Ezra Howe's connections, with the exception of maybe one or two. Northern Rivers we have a good hold on but realistically the talent pool isn't quite as strong year on year as SEQ.

The Broncos and Dolphins are signing the best kids between them, and their kids in 15's to 17's is a long way ahead of ours, IMO. We're missing the best GC talent, to be frank.

The reason is a mixture of things depending on who you ask. My opinion is that it's resources and personnel. We're not meeting the financial commitment that other clubs are making to kids these days either, which is seeing us miss talent or even lose some talent that's already in our system.

This isn't intended to be a doomer post, because things aren't doom and gloom at all. But we should be demanding high performance at every single level of the organisation - the Broncos do, and the Dolphins are going hard at securing their own piece of market share. Plus, more and more Sydney clubs are recruiting aggressively in SEQ every year. We need to improve how we're securing the top talent at the younger age group because I think we've gone backwards a bit.

Thanks and I hope our other LoT readers take note. Developing any organization takes a lot of investment in building and maintaining their foundations.

Immortal

Thank you Jamie McCormack for all you did for the Titans juniors.

I hope there's going to be some sort of farewell for him - a gold watch or something!