Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Top missed tackles for the year has James Maloney incredibly missing 8 per game - 31 missed tackles after 4 games.

Kane is next with 23, a tigers half in 3rd position then ash Taylor as fourth most missed tackles with a handful less on 18.

Maloney was most missed tackles for all of 2016 as well, but his coach hasn't hooked him yet.

and considering ash is just behind, it's odd that kane is getting ALL the flack and ash zero so far. but forums gonna forum I guess.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

We done alright for a scrappy game, considering the Refs/flow was going against us most of the night. With all that going on, we still managed to reign in the Cowboys with only 6 points the difference.

We're not done yet. I'm confident we can come together once the injury cloud clears, and we're no longer playing people out of position. Stability, would be our key problem at the moment. We got none.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Toads; 27-03-17 at 10:56 AM.
    Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives

vCash

^^^^ gee Karnage I don't think Greenwood has been too bad at all. It's McQueen who's been mainly leaving LG on a limb, especially his two worst defensive games which were against Easts and Nth Qld.
    I'd be reassessing how much we need to keep McQueen and what we are prepared to pay if I was Mestrov. McQueen is not holding up his end in defence.
    Punting Bird for Proctor at this stage has turned out to be nothing short of a disaster.
    If that piece of recruiting had not of occurred we'd be good as Gold right now.
    Losing Shillington for the year in late January and not being able to replace him is also a huge factor in why we have fallen in a heap. I wonder what role Condon played there in not being able to rehabilitate him and most importantly in being too slow in declaring him gone for good.
    Also the referees were disgracefully biased in our losses against Easts and Nth Qld,however,the fact remains that we are 1-3 so it's all over. Thanks referees.

The season is over so time to look at next season and have a youth policy with selection. Older guys off contract that go to Badel through their managers can play QCup the rest of this year.

So in summary we r rooted due to
    Hayne being a narcissist and sabotaging the pre-season
    Cheating referees
    Players and managers going to Badel
    Poor leadership onfield James/Proctor (especially Proctor)
    Condon (and injuries in general)
    Getting rid of Sir Greg Bird because he's not Saint Greg Bird

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ gee Karnage I don't think Greenwood has been too bad at all. It's McQueen who's been mainly leaving LG on a limb, especially his two worst defensive games which were against Easts and Nth Qld.
    I'd be reassessing how much we need to keep McQueen and what we are prepared to pay if I was Mestrov. McQueen is not holding up his end in defence.
    Punting Bird for Proctor at this stage has turned out to be nothing short of a disaster.
    Losing Shillington for the year in late January and not being able to replace him is also a huge factor in why we have fallen in a heap. I wonder what role Condon played there in not being able to rehabilitate him and most importantly in being too slow in declaring him gone for good.
    Also the referees were disgracefully biased in our losses against Easts and Nth Qld,however,the fact remains that we are 1-3 so it's all over. Thanks referees.

The season is over so time to look at next season and have a youth policy with selection. Older guys off contract that go to Badel through their managers can play QCup the rest of this year.

Cheating referees
    Hahahahaha that'll do me mate

Shillo retiring and your theory of this derailing our season had nothing to do with Condon. He decided this ages go and had already started his post-football life. The club and players were aware of it a long time before it was made public

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "My god I am shredded. I can't believe I got to this point in my life where literally every person that sees me is saying words like "mirin" and "arnie, that you?". It's boring, sure. But it's part of my life."-DavidBouveng
    https://instagram.com/league_of_titans/

https://www.facebook.com/leaguetitans

vCash

^^^^ I'm glad to amuse on a Monday
    Doesn't change my issue though with the late timing so we could have replaced him in the top 25. We are having to battle on with 24 in the fulltime squad and we are a top notch Forward short.

I assume u liked the rest of my rant aside from Shillo

I sometimes wonder who u r Ms Hillary Barry u seem a lot more in the know than the rest of us plebs.

Last edited by Mr Bods; 27-03-17 at 11:54 AM.

Junior
    vCash

Before the season I said that there were many unknowns about this team. Injuries and new players increased this as new combinations have to be formed. We are now getting to know the unknowns. As we know more the unknowns will be less. But as players come back from injury the original unknowns will reemerge and it will take a few rounds to know what the unknowns are. So do we get into the 8?only if the unknowns are known quickly and become knowns. But I don't know.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Mr Bods;386721

[/QUOTE]

Geez Bodsy. Shillington in my opinion was a total plodder and a ridiculous signing who on the field gave us nothing and never would have. Absolute McPlod for the Raiders and nothing would have changed.
    Long way to go yet mate. We are not going to win the comp but comps and what happens in September are not sorted in March.

vCash

^^^^ Shillo is no star or matchwinner but say we had Wallace at lock and a prop rotation of James, Shillington, Paasi, Pulu, Peteru and Vaivai. We'd be in a much healthier situation now.

I'm firmly convinced that u have to have a first good month of football, minimum of a 2-2 ratio. It's just an opinion. What I will say is you can't win a comp in March but u sure can lose it.

The club is still going in the right direction and remains the beautiful club but us fans are going to have to put up with some more pain before getting to the promised land.

Star Player
    vCash

DavidBouveng I'd more argue LG's spot (in my opinion) would be under review when we have a fit team is purely based on form. We are fortunate enough to have three NRL quality halfs this year and the best should be on the field when available.

In saying that if we don't have the money (or we simply aren't) to keep Tyrone Roberts then LG should keep his spot for the year.

Keeping going down that list of missed tacklers and the most worrisome is Paasi sitting at 7th (from memory). Given the amount of time he spends on the field I feel this is unacceptable.

vCash

Yep, three of the top ten are ours. On Elgey and anyone else let's not get too hopeful of Henry breaking the mold ... one of the hardest things on the planet is getting a coach to admit he was wrong on his assessment of a player ... that's how Wilbur has survived, he has convinced everybody he's ever played under (except Timbaa) that he is on the verge of greatness based on fitness. lolololol

Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior
    vCash

My ill-considered opinion on Elgey's turnstile defense is that this is just something the other players are going to have to make up for. He's just too damn good in attack. He's the kind of player who sees gaps where the rest of us see a solid brick wall. If anything, he (and Ash) need to believe that their teammates and coach are 100% behind them when they have an on-field inspiration. Let 'em go nuts and create as much broken play as possible. I've already had too many #$%@ing seasons of five hit-ups and a kick. All that's gotten me is drunk at the Members' Bar.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Perfick Yankee! One thumbs up isn't enough.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

Cheating referees
    Hey Bods, I've started a new thread for you. Hope you get some company in there, but I'm not prepared to give up on this team just yet.

Call me Mr Stupid but...

vCash

Thanks for the honour,albeit a dubious one.

Can I just say that not once have I had to eat my words in 2017 right from the Pre-Season till now,feel free to look back at my posts of 2017,however, I'm desperate to eat my words and have to eat some humble pie and unlike others who bag me out and then don't give me cred when I turn out to be correct, don't worry about me, I'll man up and say I'm wrong.

So come on Titans, get your stuff together and prove me wrong and get back in the game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!