Page 4 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

I notice that Shallin Fuller is on South Sydney’s Train and Trial list published in the Telegraph today

And guy Hamilton to the roosters maybe weaver should move to Burley and get a full year in the 7

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    I notice that Shallin Fuller is on South Sydney’s Train and Trial list published in the Telegraph today
    Also saw that. That’s the price of bringing in Foran I’d guess.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    And guy Hamilton to the roosters maybe weaver should move to Burley and get a full year in the 7
    Boyd will go back to Burleigh to play 7

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I feel like he'll be our 14 and probably 9 of verrils gets injured not sure who else could play hooker Clarke has to be just a 13 now

Are you for real here HS or just taking the piss?

If Sexton is already the lock-in 7 we are royally farked IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    After the season we had the coaching team are out of their goddamned cotton-picking minds doing anything else except playing a straight bat to any and all media. Promoting new players etc cannot be wrapped into ridiculously optimistic statements no matter the spin. That was last year. This year it’s toughen up, put up and shut the fark up.
    I second this motion - forget the fluff & bubble and let your actions talk

All right, cough it up! Taking the p!ss or keeping AJ in 6? … explain yourself immediately before the Forum implodes quicker than Australia’s T20 soggy saos.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Are you for real here HS or just taking the piss?

If Sexton is already the lock-in 7 we are royally farked IMO
    Oopsie I said that with the assumption that Foran is the 7 and AJ the 6. In which case Boyd should be the 14 at minimum, and next in line for 7. He’s ahead of Sexton.

I meant Boyd will go to Burleigh to play 7 as in Burleigh are desperate for halves having lost their 6/7/1 to NRL clubs, and the Titans will want to keep Weaver & Sexton at Tweed. So they’ll prob assign Boyd back there as a 7. Not that he’ll necessarily be playing there.

Edit - and by back to Burleigh I meant it as in back to Burleigh from Tweed, because he was previously at Burleigh. Really should’ve given more context in hindsight
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 06-11-22 at 09:31 AM.

First Grader

For anyone watching NZ play at the moment, Liu has been the Kiwi’s best forward. Ran for 40 metres more than the next closest forward on his team and been ball playing effectively as well. Bit frustrating that we didn’t see any of that from him this year, but it shows theres still a good player in there.

Says a lot about our structure :-(

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Says a lot about our structure :-(
    Yeah but at the same time hes a middle, all that’s required for him is to have a dig and run the ball hard and often. Tino’s managed to be one of the best forwards in the game in our structures, should be no excuse for Liu.

QLD Cup

The kiwis played Liu at lock which is his best position. He plays well out the back and doesn’t push the offload like a lot of the kiwis do. Holbrook decided to go with Tino at 13 this year which meant Liu was used as a battering ram. Without the ability to play out the back or use footwork he was predictable. I don’t think last season was a true reflection of his ability. Hopefully we see him at 13 next season.

Sad that we couldn’t keep Fuller but hard to see where he fit in.

For those people that know more than I do in regards to our train and traiists, with four spots up for grabs do we see any of them breaking into the 30? Emery Pere could fill a spot if he empressed, but other than that do we see anyone coming in from that list? We already have a few of them on development contracts in the coming years. It would be nice if we could use that last development spot on one of the hookers and have them training with the top 30 all season. You’d have to think that one of the top 30 spots is reserved for the hooker to cover Verrills if he gets injured but looking long term we need to fast track either Vaka or Bryant you’d think.

Immortal

I think that iszac fa'asuamaleaui moves up to the Top 30 before the start of this season and Josiah Pahulu and Arama Hau take Development contracts.

In terms of the hookers all three on train and trial deals being Oskar Bryant, Vaka Sikahele and Tanu Nona are real talents but all three are probably one to two years away from the NRL at least. It is will fascinating what the Titans do with all three in 2023/24 in relation to Development contracts/Top 30. Interestingly Sikahele and Nona played some lock in 2022, sign of things to come maybe??

If one of the hookers is moved up to a Development contract if say Keano Kini gets promoted to the Top 30, maybe Oskar Bryant gets call due first, but they are all very close in terms of current ability and potential.
    Last edited by mdrew; 06-11-22 at 02:17 PM.