Page 93 of 102 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1527

If AJ wants to be the full time FB he needs to find a way to stay healthy. He has no bargaining power if he is always injured.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Recent Podcast with Brimmo https://youtu.be/7rhKTbbiYJw?si=e4cLMQybsPCKQfhf

AJ talks about des and the need for a hard coach some interesting comments. Also that he will play center if DES wants him to but sees himself as a FB, doesnt really want to play in the halves either
    Yeah I heard it that way too. I don’t understand it from Brimson. His words were that he likes be able to play down short sides, use his left foot grubber and be part of the decision making. Everything about that screams that he is a 6, but he doesn’t want to defend in the front line. I think AJ needs a bit of a ego check in some regard. JC is right on his heels for that starting position and AJ’s body shape is way better suited to 6 than JC. He’s made reference to the defence thing a few times in the media, it’s not a team first mentaility. He also was not that good this origin series, despite all that unreal coaching he got from Billy.

I don’t buy the whole AJ to centre thing though. He’s wasted out there. Just look at the weekend, the only time he got involved is when he played 6. We need to recruit a right centre that has some height.

Given Foran is likely to be in and out of injury throughout the year and we don’t seem to be getting Hunt, Foz to 7 with AJ at 6 would be the perfect opportunity for AJ to learn how to be a leader, while being around the ball as much as possible. Foz’s injuries would allow Weaver/Boyd to learn their trade with a consistent spine around them but wouldn’t place so much pressure on them to run the team from start to finish.

If we run out another inexperienced 7 with a rotating spine again we are doomed.

Does anyone know if we have confirmed Ipswich Jets as our second feeder club for next year? I heard this was the plan but haven’t seen anything official?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Titan View Post
    Does anyone know if we have confirmed Ipswich Jets as our second feeder club for next year? I heard this was the plan but haven’t seen anything official?
    Not confirmed yet

AJ really sounded like a tool in that and it has changed my opinion of the guy. His Origin form was awful and as much as I think he’s a slightly better option at 1 I feel JC has his number now. AJ to 6, Foz to 7 and let’s squeeze Francis into right centre. Verrills hooks with Randall at 14. Lofi, Haas, IF, Kini and Weaver learn their trade and I would much rather have good ole Ken and Sami bringing it back. I think Alick could be a smokey.
    Last edited by Titanic; 05-09-23 at 12:20 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    AJ really sounded like a tool in that and it has changed my opinion of the guy. His Origin form was awful and as much as I think he’s a slightly better option at 1 I feel JC has his number now. AJ to 6, Foz to 7 and let’s squeeze Francis into right centre. Verrills hooks with Randall at 14. Lofi, Haas, IF, Kini and Weaver learn their trade and I would much rather have good ole Ken and Sami bringing it back. I think Alick could be a smokey.
    I'm picking up what you're putting down T. But what about Jojo? Surely he's ahead of Ken for a wing spot? Mdrew has been telling us for years that Francis is an NRL centre waiting to happen but he hasn't played there for years either. Is he a better option than Jojo at right centre?

I worry that Foran and Brimo in the halves means no long kicking game. I just haven't seen a big hoof on either of them.

Is JC the goal kicker?

JC has a big boot and would be suited to 6

QLD Cup

MT, neither of Munster or Hughes have the best long kicking game but look where they are. We just need a different game plan. Boyd’s long kicking is great but look at where that got us.

JC has a long kick and can contribute where he needs to. Verrils may also have to kick once or twice a game too. And yes, JC can goal kick.

I wanted AJ at centre but After this weekend I see he's wasted there and we need his defence out the back and support play through the middle. If JC can learn to pass more with a pre season shadowing Foran he could play 6

@MT while I am a Jojo fan he didn’t kick on this year. That could be the Holbrook effect but he needs to find his mojo again. I’m a firm believer in big bodies win the wrestle and while there are pluses for each of these having Randall, JC, Lofi, Kini, Kelly, AJ, Foz, Clark, Verrills and Haas is just far too small. Some yes, all no. They don’t hit hard enough and the result has been what we all have witnessed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

We should use the Hunt money to go after Luai

Very interested to see how the off season goes. Anyone know with pre season training sessions if they're open to the public?

Just listened to the full podcast and don’t see anything wrong with what AJ said.
    Yeah, maybe a touch of cockiness but geez, why not? Nothing wrong with having a bit of swag about ya if you can back it up.
    The guy is confident in his ability and told it how he sees it.
    AJ is Titans to the core. Always gives his time to the fans even when others don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    We should use the Hunt money to go after Luai
    Mate are you taking the piss?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Mate are you taking the piss?
    He has a higher win rate as a starting half than Tanah’s goal kicking conversion rate