Page 84 of 102 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1527
    First Grader

https://www.youtube.com/@nrlpathways/videos

Just found this page that posts highlights + a lot of full games from the School comp this year which looks about 2 weeks behind I think? A lot of PBC, Keebra and Marsden games, Don't know if it's official or anything but it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/@nrlpathways/videos

Just found this page that posts highlights + a lot of full games from the School comp this year which looks about 2 weeks behind I think? A lot of PBC, Keebra and Marsden games, Don't know if it's official or anything but it's great.
    Good find mate. Few weeks behind like you say but it’s great they’re giving access to that coverage outside of the CM sub’d Kommunity live streams

Can you do me a favour and post in JTS thread too pls

- - - Updated - - -

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-l...c-11423433.amp

Titans have long-term plan for Campbell: Lenihan
    Joel Gould AAP

Finding a regular starting position and more minutes on the park for super sub Jayden Campbell is a long-term project that will become clearer in the months ahead, with input from incoming 2024 coach Des Hasler.

That is the word from Gold Coast interim coach Jim Lenihan ahead of Sunday's home clash with North Queensland at Robina, where the livewire utility has been named on the bench.

Campbell's versatility and match-turning ability is a bonus for the Titans but it also creates a headache, albeit a welcome one, when selecting the starting 13.

Gold Coast have named AJ Brimson at fullback, Kieran Foran and Tanah Boyd in the halves and Sam Verrills at hooker for the Cowboys clash. Campbell can slot in those positions and anywhere in the outside backs.

"It is an ongoing plan with JC and there is obviously stuff Des is going to look at doing as well," Lenihan told AAP

"We just have really good depth. I know there are a few thoughts in the works about what we can do but we don't want to make a couple of changes that might work for a week or two where we don't know where it will go after that.

"Long-term we know we need JC playing as many minutes we can at the club and I am sure that will happen. It is something that will evolve at the back-end of the year going into pre-season and next year.

"We value JC as a player there is no doubt about that."

Lenihan said it wasn't as simple as slotting Campbell in as a starting player for the sake of it.

"We have a really good situation where we have got quality players everywhere," he said.

"If you put him in the centres you don't have a Brian Kelly or Jojo Fifita. If you put him on the wing you don't have Lofi Khan-Pereira or Phil Sami."

Hasler is keeping in contact with the Titans coaching staff.

"We have had two or three meetings with Des and he is working in the background getting everything organised for the start of next pre-season," Lenihan said.

"He is certainly busy and for us it is about finishing the season off well."

Gold Coast have won one of five games since former head coach Justin Holbrook was sacked but they could easily have prevailed in four of them. Three of their losses were by four points or less. The first half of last week's 36-18 loss to the Sydney Roosters was their only poor extended period of play.

"We want to achieve a lot of things by the end of the year," Lenihan said.

"We want to win and focus on ourselves rather than be spoiling other teams. If it means we upset sides and rock their boat then that is great.

"The players have responded to the coaching group. It is not just me. It is Brett White, Brad Davis and the whole coaching staff."

First Grader

It's an odd time in the season because it's probably when we should be trying some new things with JC, Issue is we're playing Cowboys who look incredible again, Warriors, Panthers who are rolling, Storm will want revenge and the Sharks and Bulldogs.

Personally I'd move JC to 7/6 at some point to see what happens but I also can understand giving Tannah a chance to redeem himself against good opposition, It does seem like the pressure is on him now though and our season is over. I'd keep AJ at FB till Kini is ready which I think will be by next season or even if it's the one after. Just pick a spot for JC and let him go.

Apparently this is the first time in 20 or so years that the right side has been more used in attack which I found interesting considering how left dominant we are, Not that it doesn't work well but if we can get the right side a bit more attacking potent I think it'd make our attack even more elite, Also means we need Kelly and Lofi to be much better defensively.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 29-07-23 at 11:55 AM.

First Grader

Big takeaway for me in that article about JC is that Des must see Jojo and Kelly as our centres. Would explain the rumours of Shoupp looking to leave too.

Also Cow just on your point about the right side, we should definitely be a lot more potent on that edge next year with Fermor back and hopefully Hunt at 7 over there as well. Will be really interesting to see if Fermor has to go to the right edge. I just don't think you can move Fifita away from the left now.

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...tirement-call/

Great small video with Booth talking about his decision to retire.

It's sad to see someone have to retire due to injuries, especially someone who never really got a chance at being a first grade 9 despite probably having the talent imo but timing/injuries is everything. It's been talked about but how we've looked after Booth is something to be very proud of and he's worth it.

We got a gem with this guy being hopefully involved with our club for a very long time in different ways.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 06-08-23 at 09:32 PM.

Rothfield reporting Meninga and Holbrook having a beer together at Southport Sharks LEAGUES Club.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Why is that a bad thing?

I get we've been screwed over a few times but what's the go?????

At some point we need to have some common sense and not go full on weirdo. Holbrook got fired, Mal and the board hired him, Holbrook still lives here, Mal has been up here all week, He's probably going to meet with him for a beer or so?

It's not that deep imo..
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 07-08-23 at 04:39 AM.

Rep Player

Lads, I found out who that blondie in the Tigers box is that we were wondering about in the match thread earlier this year. Name is Kassidy Grant, appears to be a statistician or some such. You’re welcome, particularly JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Why is that a bad thing?

I get we've been screwed over a few times but what's the go?????
    My recollection of Southport Sharkies is that it’s an aerial ping pong club.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Lads, I found out who that blondie in the Tigers box is that we were wondering about in the match thread earlier this year. Name is Kassidy Grant, appears to be a statistician or some such. You’re welcome, particularly JB.
    Finally someone takes some initiative around here

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Finally someone takes some initiative around here
    Any time HS

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Not all heroes wear capes

Rep Player

I thought this was interesting. Des owned an apartment on Holbrook Ave, Kirribilli.

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/n...home-for-sale/

The CM has published club health data and our performance is in line with expectations and that is second last. Social media (11th), memberships (16th at a little over 8k) and merchandise (dead last). Attendances just below middle average.

Members are at about 12500. Not sure where they got the 8k from.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady