Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast
    First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...-sam-verrills/

Sam Verrills' start at the Gold Coast has hit a minor hurdle with the new recruit sidelined with a shoulder injury.

Copping a small knock at training; the Titans' new dummy-half has undergone minor surgery on his shoulder, and is set to return to full contact training in January.

In good news though, the 23-year-old is expected to be fit, healthy and available for the club's Round 1 clash against the Wests Tigers.

Thankfully only minor but man this guy has some horrible luck.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 01-12-22 at 06:20 PM.

First Grader

That Randall signing is looking a lot better right now. I know it’s only a minor injury but jeez that has me worried about how injury prone Verrills may be, he’s a guy we really need to be fit for a full season.

Junior

Does anyone else feel like its coincidental verrills got injured the day after randall was announced.
    Feel like perhaps verrills got injured a week ago, which is why sources said we were chasing randall quite hard as this link suggests
    https://twitter.com/BarryToohey/stat...xZzwd-unjBMbhw
    We wouldn't obviously want to release the status of verrill's injury earlier as that would give knights more leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBuddy4 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like its coincidental verrills got injured the day after randall was announced.
    Feel like perhaps verrills got injured a week ago, which is why sources said we were chasing randall quite hard as this link suggests
    https://twitter.com/BarryToohey/stat...xZzwd-unjBMbhw
    We wouldn't obviously want to release the status of verrill's injury earlier as that would give knights more leverage.
    I think your reaching mate.. I’m sure they were talking about a swap for more then a week now.. we always needed a back up hooker.. we have played 2 hookers for awhile now, wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t continue..

Do we not have Booth any more? He was proving quite good before his injury and I assumed would be our backup to Verrils.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Do we not have Booth any more? He was proving quite good before his injury and I assumed would be our backup to Verrils.
    He's not on the player roster but the club has him involved in some capacity with the club.

His injury will keep him out for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Pretty sure he will be out for quiet awhile.. would love to see him back

Another view on the Mazhew and Randall trade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq1Jhfejw5A
    Psmitty

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Another view on the Mazhew and Randall trade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq1Jhfejw5A
    This channel will also has a video coming out in the next few days discussing their thoughts on the titans roster and possible starting lineup

More articles on Fifita today. Apparently Raiders will offer 900k a season. He's supposedly going to meet up with Ricky Stuart and tour the Raiders facilities soon

First Grader

I don't believe anything that comes out of Badels/Courier Mails mouth when it comes to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBuddy4 View Post
    This channel will also has a video coming out in the next few days discussing their thoughts on the titans roster and possible starting lineup
    I cannot stand Guru. Guys knowledge of the Titans (and tbh rugby league in general) is pretty weak and he constantly has highly misinformed, poorly researched or just flat out incorrect takes. The way he talks makes it sound like he knows more about everything than he actually does. His content appeals to a casual audience who doesn’t know any better and that’s fine, but its not for me. The fact he calls himself NRL Guru I found very ironic too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    More articles on Fifita today. Apparently Raiders will offer 900k a season. He's supposedly going to meet up with Ricky Stuart and tour the Raiders facilities soon
    No idea if that's true but if it is....900k has gotta be tempting for him

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    No idea if that's true but if it is....900k has gotta be tempting for him
    It will probably all hang on one or two things. What they offer his better half, and how we start the year. If Foran starts putting Dave through holes and he starts scoring tries, he might decide he'd like to stay. Especially if rep footy gets back on the cards for him.

Then again...his manager would then probably get in his ear and tell him he's worth way more than we're paying him. Our bean counters, soothsayers and sweet talkers will need to be at the top of their games.

Maybe it will just come down to his girlfriend's choice and how much she could influence him. Interestingly, the dragons aren't getting much of a mention about the prospect of Dave lobbing up there.

I hope Foran and Verrills have the keys to unlock the beast that is David Fifita on a regular basis. I want him to stay.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I cannot stand Guru. Guys knowledge of the Titans (and tbh rugby league in general) is pretty weak and he constantly has highly misinformed, poorly researched or just flat out incorrect takes. The way he talks makes it sound like he knows more about everything than he actually does. His content appeals to a casual audience who doesn’t know any better and that’s fine, but its not for me. The fact he calls himself NRL Guru I found very ironic too lol
    Anytime he talks about Titans/Footy like you said I get heated, He's so bad haha.