Page 82 of 102 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1527

Honestly don't think AJ is good enough to a full back since he isn't able to make space for his outside men. Even Dylan Edwards is able to tap the ball on.

Watching Hammer move to centre to accommodate Nikorima at fullback, it is working quite well. Giving hammer freedom to move around the field but defend in centre position.

I think we still need to explore AJ moving to centre to strengthen up the position but also fitting in Jayden in to the starting squad. Give AJ a licence to roam and our goal line defense should also improve on the edges.

I know Jayden has had some up and down games, and hasn't been as consistent as AJ but let's not forget that AJ has more nrl experience and I truly believe that Jayden's game can keep improving and has the potential to surpass AJ at fullback consistently. Also keeping in mind will AJs body hold up at fullback over the next few years, I don't like the odds based on his injury history.

Also looking forward to next year having Beau back in 2nd row, if AJ does move to centre is it worth exploring bulking Shoupp up as a another 2nd rower option. Should be less defensive decision making, he has some leg speed and a bit of mongrel in him, just some food for thought.

Rant over...

- - - Updated - - -

Also was watching Levels podcast with Willie and Horro, and even they say AJ is a complete animal but his whole game is based on support play mainly through the middle, not as dangerous in set sweep plays in try scoring situations. Another reason I think Jayden could become more lethal as our long term fullback, because he can come through the middle or pop up out the back on the edges.

First Grader

JC doesn't have those plays either, AJ has more NRL experience because he debuted at 18, not 21 like JC. There's a huge difference, You can't judge either of them of the age they came into NRL.... I love JC BUT he needs to fit into the team, not the others. AJ to centre is a good idea for me and it still could be on the cards considering we don't have a left centre signed. JC is only a year younger then AJ.

Kini is way ahead of JC as well at this age. JC isn't going to be our long term FB while Kini is around. Willie and Horo also say that Fifita should be a front rower which I fell for, It's a fun podcast but they are hot taking.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 16-07-23 at 05:58 PM.

I'm not judging on age I am judging of the amount of nrl games they have played, I think when JC gets close to that 100 game mark (sort of where AJ is at) he will be a more well rounded fullback, which provides more attacking options.

I agree with some of your points but not all of them. I think everyone needs to have a team first mentality, I just think it's worth AJ being at centre and Jayden at fullback (1. Because Jayden is pretty much either a fullback or maybe a 5/8. 2. AJ can probably play anywhere in the backline, he has more versatility due to his defense, tough runs, built out frame.)

Kini I am still unsure about, still to early to tell, but we have to absolute gems in AJ and Jayden, we just know magic happens when they are both on the field at the same time.

Great post Indo. After AJ being rested today, I agree that he might be better at centre and developing JC at FB until Kini takes his spot, which I think is inevitable from what I've seen.

Once Kini is fullback, JC will still be a match winner off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Great post Indo. After AJ being rested today, I agree that he might be better at centre and developing JC at FB until Kini takes his spot, which I think is inevitable from what I've seen.

Once Kini is fullback, JC will still be a match winner off the bench.
    Thanks Maroon! I honestly hope Kini comes up as expected, then could have a future with Fullback Kini, Centre AJ and 5/8 Jayden (once Foran retires, it looks like they're grooming either JC or AJ to replace Foran). Hopefully we will have Ben Hunt in halfback as well which should ease the transition to whoever takes over at 5/8 in 2 years.

But JC too good on and off the field to not be in the 13 and AJ also is too good on and off the field. They both have to be in the 13, they are our x factor and take tough runs as well which helps our forward pack tremendously

QLD Cup

Am I imagining it or are the Tigers on 9 free to air every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Am I imagining it or are the Tigers on 9 free to air every week?
    Free to air games

Brisbane Broncos - 13
    Canberra Raiders - 8
    Canterbury Bulldogs - 7
    Cronulla Sharks - 11
    Gold Coast Titans - 4
    Manly Sea Eagles - 12
    Melbourne Storm - 13
    Newcastle Knights - 6
    New Zealand Warriors - 2
    North Queensland Cowboys - 11
    Parramatta Eels - 12
    Penrith Panthers - 12
    South Sydney Rabbitohs - 12
    St George Illawarra Dragons - 10
    Sydney Roosters - 13
    The Dolphins - 10
    Wests Tigers - 9

Warriors got the sharp end of the stick….and then us.

Does that include NZTV for the Warriors? I have always assumed that they would have a monopoly (NRL not Yawnion) across the dutch and I did see something about Three and ThreeNow showing some free-to-air Warriors games. Maybe NZTitan can shed some light on it. In China, it's all nrl.com live streaming.
    Last edited by Titanic; 20-07-23 at 05:07 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Kinda funny.

Nearly everyone I speak and and a lot of people on reddit enjoy watching titans games as a neutral as they're usually always exciting, high scoring games

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Free to air games

Brisbane Broncos - 13
    Canberra Raiders - 8
    Canterbury Bulldogs - 7
    Cronulla Sharks - 11
    Gold Coast Titans - 4
    Manly Sea Eagles - 12
    Melbourne Storm - 13
    Newcastle Knights - 6
    New Zealand Warriors - 2
    North Queensland Cowboys - 11
    Parramatta Eels - 12
    Penrith Panthers - 12
    South Sydney Rabbitohs - 12
    St George Illawarra Dragons - 10
    Sydney Roosters - 13
    The Dolphins - 10
    Wests Tigers - 9

Warriors got the sharp end of the stick….and then us.
    Thanks for that. I look forward to footy on Thursday and Friday nights and it's a downer when there are two bottom teams playing.

What you guys have to know that clubs like the Titans are raking in much more than they are 'worth'. Most of the money for the game is made from Fans from bigger teams and they subsidize small clubs. Everyone gets the same amount of money from the TV deal from the NRL but not everyone brings the same amount of eye balls to the screen. The Titans bring the least. The Warriors get so little FTA because 8pm is too late for NZ viewers and that 2pm or 3:30pm slot for NZ is far too advantageous.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 20-07-23 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    What you guys have to know that clubs like the Titans are raking in much more than they are 'worth'. Most of the money for the game is made from Fans from bigger teams and they subsidize small clubs. Everyone gets the same amount of money from the TV deal from the NRL but not everyone brings the same amount of eye balls to the screen. The Titans bring the least. The Warriors get so little FTA because 8pm is too late for NZ viewers and that 2pm or 3:30pm slot for NZ is far too advantageous.
    The flip side to this is that with so little exposure we are not increasing our fan base. We are being treated poorly by Channel Nine, with the Donkeys getting the most exposure in our viewing area. The NRL has been at the mercy of the whims of Channel Nine for too long. We deserve a shot at more equitable time slots.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    The flip side to this is that with so little exposure we are not increasing our fan base. We are being treated poorly by Channel Nine, with the Donkeys getting the most exposure in our viewing area. The NRL has been at the mercy of the whims of Channel Nine for too long. We deserve a shot at more equitable time slots.
    It is a direct result of both channel 9 and the NRL in maximising profits as money is the major factor in both organisations decision making.

The NRL schedules the draw to maximise the exposure of the Broncos as they get more viewers. With a healthy viewing audience they can charge Channel 9 more for television rights. With a healthy viewing audience, it then allows Channel 9 to charge extra for advertisements during matches.

Healthy viewing audiences are a requirement for both the NRL and Channel 9 to increase both their finances and as such, they need to top teams like the Broncos to be at the top of the ladder to increase their viewing audiences.

It is not surprising that the top teams always get the rub of the green in matches and draws.

It is no coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    It is a direct result of both channel 9 and the NRL in maximising profits as money is the major factor in both organisations decision making.

The NRL schedules the draw to maximise the exposure of the Broncos as they get more viewers. With a healthy viewing audience they can charge Channel 9 more for television rights. With a healthy viewing audience, it then allows Channel 9 to charge extra for advertisements during matches.

Healthy viewing audiences are a requirement for both the NRL and Channel 9 to increase both their finances and as such, they need to top teams like the Broncos to be at the top of the ladder to increase their viewing audiences.

It is not surprising that the top teams always get the rub of the green in matches and draws.

It is no coincidence.
    Advertising must have been free for last nights game