Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1527
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    At this point this team/coaching staff have to show something in the next two games or it's surely done for them??????.. The club has thrown massive amounts to Holbrook to fix issues, He's made them maybe worse?

Titans advertisment is everywhere you look right now..... It's on Busses, Bus tops., Radio stations, Podcasts, taxies and gets talked about lately constantly around, I've never seen so much advertisment and these teams are letting down everyone more then the fans....

Everyone in the background of the club has made huge efforts this year to increase fans and engagement.......

This team is ****ing up everything for the supporter base. There's a crowd and fans ready to support this club.... The front office is actually doing everything right for once yet the teams doing everything to hurt the fanbase at games and elsewhere..
    Well said. No amount of advertising can make up for a product that leaves a bad after taste each time you eat it.

At this point this team/coaching staff have to show something in the next two games or it's surely done for them??????.. The club has thrown massive amounts to Holbrook to fix issues, He's made them maybe worse?

Titans advertisment is everywhere you look right now..... It's on Busses, Bus tops., Radio stations, Podcasts, taxies and gets talked about lately constantly around, I've never seen so much advertisment and these teams are letting down everyone more then the fans....

Everyone in the background of the club has made huge efforts this year to increase fans and engagement.......

This team is ****ing up everything for the supporter base. There's a crowd and fans ready to support this club.... The front office is actually doing everything right for once yet the teams doing everything to hurt the fanbase at games and elsewhere..
    Even tho this is negative, its true, its almost impossible to watch as a diehard fan, the casuals must get confused and just switch off completely.

First Grader

Great post

Absolutely spot on!!

Spry, Weaver, Sexton, Vuna, Haas, Leeming all playing for Tweed today

- - - Updated - - -

Burleigh playing Ippy who are yet to win a game. Watch Alick score a hatrick...Tweed ran through Ippys right edge D last week with ease. Burleigh should be targeting it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Spry, Weaver, Sexton, Vuna, Haas, Leeming all playing for Tweed today

- - - Updated - - -

Burleigh playing Ippy who are yet to win a game. Watch Alick score a hatrick...Tweed ran through Ippys right edge D last week with ease. Burleigh should be targeting it too.
    Tweed lost 38-18 (clearly our awesome Titans dropbacks helped them a lot lol)
    Burleigh won 54-0.

Burleigh won 54-0.
    Anyone know why Keano didn't play for Burleigh? Did he pick up an injury last week or at training?

First Grader

Burleigh won 54-0.
    How embarrassing

First Grader

Don't know if there's anything to make of it but Kini was at training with Verrills and Jolliffe, Might be a sign of who's in the 17 for the next few weeks. Can see a bench of Verrills/Kini/Jolliffe/Clark with Tino moving out to the second row like we were doing earlier in the year before Haas. It's only a photo but the one of Schoupp had him on the left side.

Don't know if there's anything to make of it but Kini was at training with Verrills and Jolliffe, Might be a sign of who's in the 17 for the next few weeks. Can see a bench of Verrills/Kini/Jolliffe/Clark with Tino moving out to the second row like we were doing earlier in the year before Haas. It's only a photo but the one of Schoupp had him on the left side.
    A bench of Verrills, Kini, Clark and Joliffe? C'mon Cow, are you trying to wind up Titanic? How much heavy lifting do we expect Joliffe to do on his own? I can imagine Holbrook having that bench, or even JC or Sexton in for Joliffe. Sometimes I think he might be a touch footy coach in disguise.

Good news about Schoupp on the left if true. Surely it'd mean Jojo at centre and Sami back on the right. Lofi deserves that left wing.

Does anyone know why Maumalo lost his spot in QCup? Is he injured?

First Grader

Maumalo played I'm pretty sure. Stats just aren't up and he's been 20 the whole time and is in the team lists on the site playing at wing.

Tino will go to 2nd row and Jolliffe and Mo will be the closing line up with Liu I think, It's actually going to be a bigger side, Clark isn't needed with Randall imo.

Thanks Cow. I've been waiting on those stats too. Frustrating.

I like Randall in for Clark too. I don't think Clark has been coached to play his role properly, or the selections and rotations don't allow him to. I think he's good enough but something is a miss. It'd be interesting to see if Randall can dint the line, as I reckon he works best if the defence are thinking he'll run and then he passes. Like Clark, that's where his value should be in attack. It all comes down to him having success running the ball though, otherwise we're better off with a big middle who can pass. I've no worry about his defence.

I don't think there's enough value in Kini on the bench though if Verrills is there. I can understand him being there to rest Foran at 60 until Verrills comes back though. Randall and Verrills should be 80 minute hookers or close enough. Once Verrills regains his match fitness, Randall can play 13 if his running game works (although at present, it's no worse than Clarks). Even then, I like him as a 14 with Joliffe, Mikaele/Iszac, Alick/Vuna/Haas.

First Grader

Agree MT on Clark. I think the club got excited and re-signed him after his decent run last year, If you look at it statwise he got worse every game of the year after he got moved to 13.

He had a couple of good games followed by some pretty poor ones after it, If he's not making us metres on attack he's hurting us not being able to defend with any force in the middle. Randall is a much better defender and can make metres.

I don't think Clark is being coached right either and I'm still 50/50 on him.. He's been asked to be the main forward in a pretty bad interchange. It's hard to judge really when he's been asked to play different positions constantly as well with a reserve grade bench most of the time..

Kini will play the same role as JC and sadly Holbrook doesn't use them unless there's an injury and JC will move back there when AJ comes back. There's no real value in JC unless there's an injury in Holbrooks mind it seems anyway. Randall will take the 13 role when Liu is off.

The size of our guys doesn't matter as much when we have 2 of our defensive line leaders back and hitting imo. Verrills and Jolliffe bring a lot to us defensively to where we can take the risks with our bench being smaller.

If we don't go with Kini and the small bench this week it will come when AJ is back (tbf he could play any position way easier)
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 28-05-23 at 07:02 PM.

Certainly support Lofi/Schoupp/Jojo/Sami combination and as far as the bench debate is concerned then of those options if Kini, Verrills and JJ are all in the mix then I would be adding Mikaele unless he’s a complete dud in QCup. Souffs will be primed.
    Last edited by Titanic; 28-05-23 at 10:18 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Just had a thought that maybe Schoupp was filling for Dave at left edge while he's away. It might not mean any change. I hope I'm wrong about that.

I also think we need to keep Haas on the bench for Stimson. I'd love to see him (Stimson) play middle before he's cooked and have a rest between.

Souths have an incredible side and they play some pretty good footy down the edges (and not too shabby up the guts either). That inside/outside try against Parra (Cody-Trell-AJ) was a beautiful Rugby League moment. It's a great test to see where we're at. I hope we don't rush anyone back to get re-injured.