Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 ... LastLast

Nice pass there by Sami to Lofi for the try assist. His passing looks heaps better this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Didn’t even realise Lofi was back on

JC playing at 6 I think?
    I know he's rarely to never played 6 but I think he'd be interesting there

First Grader

Sami has been pretty good tonight... People will still **** on him though haha.

Damn our youngsters are really having a dig. I love it.

JJ looks really fit this year.
    Some really good sign’s tonight, hopefully we can carry it into round 1

First Grader

I love Kini so much already and you can tell he wants to play/could play wing in this team with his hit ups..

He looks like he could debut now and look ready.

Weaver looks good also. He seems to play with so much time.

Nice to have a bit of relief now that the trials are over. Happier than I thought I'd be coming into Rd1

Rep Player

Only a trial but every single one of our off season signings looks a hit!

Army camp looks to have worked wonders whole squad of 26 plays like an nrl team everyone in sync playing fit and fast

First Grader

Some great signs, Foran and Verills made such a huge difference to the side and our attack was looking so slick at times. Some positive signs in D too and good to hear Verills talk about the big focus on linespeed.

I’m just confused about if Holbrooks plan is to only bring JC on when there are injuries? My take is that he was giving him experience playing in the centres and at 6 so if there’s an injury he can put him there. But if the plan is to use him in the middle if there aren’t any injuries, surely he should’ve been given a bit of time there in the trials?

Looked ok but as we know its only a trial with coaches trying different plays, Not holding my breath and expecting another mediocre season till we get a decent coach.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Some great signs, Foran and Verills made such a huge difference to the side and our attack was looking so slick at times. Some positive signs in D too and good to hear Verills talk about the big focus on linespeed.

I’m just confused about if Holbrooks plan is to only bring JC on when there are injuries? My take is that he was giving him experience playing in the centres and at 6 so if there’s an injury he can put him there. But if the plan is to use him in the middle if there aren’t any injuries, surely he should’ve been given a bit of time there in the trials?
    If there's any injury in the backline it's way easier to slot in JC then anyone else... He can play any of the spots and I'd rather him then any of our other squad playing 14. It's relying on Verrills playing 80.

Clark covers the 9 if Verrills gets injured, it's not great but you gotta cop it.

JC will slot into the centres or wing if one of them goes down or JC can go back to 1 if AJ or the halves go down. It's better then the any other 14 we could have coming in unless people rate Randall and Turner higher.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-02-23 at 09:33 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    If there's any injury in the backline it's way easier to slot in JC then anyone else... He can play any of the spots and I'd rather him then any of our other squad playing 14. It's relying on Verrills playing 80.

Clark covers the 9 if Verrills gets injured, it's not great but you gotta cop it.

JC will slot into the centres or wing if one of them go down or can go back to 1 if AJ or the halves go down. Aj Back to 6 and if desperate he can do a bit of time at 13. It's better then the any other 14 we could have coming in unless people rate Randall and Turner higher.
    Yeah I agree that JC provides good injury cover, I’m just wondering if we’re not going to play him at all and burn a bench spot if there are no injuries in game? I thought he’d be coming on around the 60th minute mark in a roaming role to catch tired defenders around the ruck, but there was none of that experimented with in the trials.

Finally a dummy half who passes from the ground and hits the mark it is so noticeable with our arrack the difference this has made with Verrills there