Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Just comment here on Zero Tackles Titans best ever 17 … Wallace over James? Otherwise hard to argue although O’Dwyer and Kelly expose our one of our weaknesses.
    O'Dwyer?? I was too young to really remember him but god is he really one of our two best centres?.

I actually think unironically Phillip Sami might be there or thereabouts in our best backline soon, he at least has the QLD (lol) selections on his side.

Anthony Laffranchi also a tough out but he wasn't here as long as some of the others.

I thought our best centers were the Rat and Brett Delaney from memory. Plus the season Jai Wallace had for us at 13 when our team was THAT bad were pretty impressive. Hard to include Wallace over him. Ryan James deserves to be in our best 13 tbh, Tino has not earnt a spot past James yet for what he has provided for the Titans, i imagine that to change in a year or two tho.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 28-01-23 at 12:43 PM.

Despite him being a massive knob, James Roberts is easily our best right centre ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Despite him being a massive knob, James Roberts is easily our best right centre ever.
    Definitely. Won Dally M centre of the year too IIRC

Agree. That 2015 season from James Roberts is probably a top 5 season for any Titans player ever. Still pretty angry how that all went down.

Maybe. But he doesn’t qualify for this list. Kelly and O’Dwyer? I wouldn’t even have Kelly as centre in the weekly team. I’d put Rogers in the centres and find another 5/8.
    Tino easily surpasses James for me. He is already our best prop even at this early stage.

Anthony Laffranchi also a tough out but he wasn't here as long as some of the others.
    Not saying I would have picked Laffranchi, but I am unsure why he is ineligible. Played same amount of games with Titans as he did with Tigers.
    Last edited by shamus; 29-01-23 at 02:13 PM.

First Grader

They say Greg Bird can't play multiple positions?? He can play 5/8th and lock, I actually don't remember him in the 2nd row that much haha. I'd move Preston to 6 and have AJ at 1, Rogers to centres, Kelly has way better stats then O'Dwyer and I don't remember him so Kelly or Sami. Jai Arrow in for Wallace easy.

Is it on one season or time here? Because Fifita should be a 2nd rower if it's on season. There one criteria doesn't give much haha.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Agree. That 2015 season from James Roberts is probably a top 5 season for any Titans player ever. Still pretty angry how that all went down.
    Had a thought about this, and actually think 2015 James Roberts was the best season we've had from an individual player, biggest argument is 2009 Scott Prince, but my top 5 (which is based mostly on memory and maybe raw stats to an extent) goes:

1. 2015 James Roberts
    2. 2009 Scott Prince
    3. 2016 Ryan James
    4. 2015 Kane Elgey
    5. 2011 David Mead

Went Elgey 2015 as from memory his impact was as effective as pretty much any half we had bar Prince. Notable mentions were 2016 Ash Taylor, 2008 Laffranchi, 2013 Sezer. Does anyone have any different? open to suggestions.

Had a thought about this, and actually think 2015 James Roberts was the best season we've had from an individual player, biggest argument is 2009 Scott Prince, but my top 5 (which is based mostly on memory and maybe raw stats to an extent) goes:

1. 2015 James Roberts
    2. 2009 Scott Prince
    3. 2016 Ryan James
    4. 2015 Kane Elgey
    5. 2011 David Mead

Went Elgey 2015 as from memory his impact was as effective as pretty much any half we had bar Prince. Notable mentions were 2016 Ash Taylor, 2008 Laffranchi, 2013 Sezer. Does anyone have any different? open to suggestions.
    I remember it how you did. Maybe 2010 Nathan Friend?

First Grader

1. 2015 James Roberts
    2. 2009 Scott Prince
    3. 2016 Ryan James
    4. 2015 Kane Elgey
    5. 2011 David Mead

If Roberts is number 1 why wouldn't 2021 Fifita be in there? 17 tries to Roberts 16, and I can't find any tackle break stats for Roberts but Fifita topped the NRL with 155 that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    If Roberts is number 1 why wouldn't 2021 Fifita be in there? 17 tries to Roberts 16, and I can't find any tackle break stats for Roberts but Fifita topped the NRL with 155 that year.
    I wasn't really taking into account tries but I think that's the case for 2011 Mead to be in the top 5 tbf. I think Fifita might have a case for 5th on this list in retrospect.

I was really just ranking them based on a combination of memory + shotty mental potential +/- if there were such a stat.

I think James Roberts was legitimately as good of/if not better a weapon than Fifita was in 2021, dude was straight-up special, and I think pound-for-pound Jimmy probably had slightly better defense at the time than Fifita had.

Could put Dave at 5 but he has no argument over the other 4 honestly. Peak Elgey has a better case for #1 than Fifita does from memory.

Hi All,

Posting this in here because I don’t want to create another thread and draw particular attention to it.

I wanted to get ahead of this given the sensitivity of the situation and out of respect for the young player mentioned.

Anyone who attended last nights U17 game between the Titans and Broncos will know that a Titans player suffered a serious injury, and the game was forced to be abandoned. Information pertaining to the injury is still limited but it was clear it was beyond a normal rugby league injury, and out of respect for the player and his family, I ask that we please refrain from discussing it on this forum until such a time as the club makes an official statement, or factual information becomes available and it is appropriate to comment on.

As supporters of the club, let’s do our bit to acknowledge the sensitivity of the situation and minimise any chance for speculation with the young man and his family in mind.

Thanks all.

HS
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-01-23 at 09:57 PM.

I know it's not kosher to mention him, but Arrow had some terrific seasons with us
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

my first pick off the bench would of been Brad Myers aka BIG RED
    what a player would never let your team down Tino reminds me of hw Big Red played
    hard as nails mate