Page 17 of 102 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast

We are developing a pretty young side. Forum would be our only big game experience. Add liu to that as well. We need foran to stay fit or we are in the same position as last year, although boyd looks as though he can not only play well in the halves but develop under Holbrook as well. I am approaching this year with trepidation. For the record I think fifita will tear it up this season. Contract year.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    We are developing a pretty young side. Forum would be our only big game experience. Add liu to that as well. We need foran to stay fit or we are in the same position as last year, although boyd looks as though he can not only play well in the halves but develop under Holbrook as well. I am approaching this year with trepidation. For the record I think fifita will tear it up this season. Contract year.
    I don't think we are lacking big game experience outside of Foran and Liu. Sam Verrills has won a grand final, Tino has won a world cup, and AJ, Sami, Mo and Fifita have all played Origin, albeit not a lot.

I think the squad is really starting to have a good balance to it, with experienced players in key positions. I think the world cup experience for a lot of the players will be a massive benefit for their development and leadership to bring back to the titans

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I don't think we are lacking big game experience outside of Foran and Liu. Sam Verrills has won a grand final, Tino has won a world cup, and AJ, Sami, Mo and Fifita have all played Origin, albeit not a lot.
    I think i am more concerned around playing under pressure and out of comfort zones. I think verrills will add to this however most of the players mentioned haven't really shown much game management etc when under pressure. I love the youth in the side and I am happy we haven't bought the obligatory journeyman like we do every year. Just worried about those tight games when it is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I think i am more concerned around playing under pressure and out of comfort zones. I think verrills will add to this however most of the players mentioned haven't really shown much game management etc when under pressure. I love the youth in the side and I am happy we haven't bought the obligatory journeyman like we do every year. Just worried about those tight games when it is on the line.
    Stimson was our obligatory journeyman this year. You could make an argument for Foran too

Has Difita been sighted anywhere near the Club yet? The silence has been deafening. I wonder if he is a popular guy within the group?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Has Difita been sighted anywhere near the Club yet? The silence has been deafening. I wonder if he is a popular guy within the group?
    Yep he's training. Been featured on a few of the recent Titans social media posts. Amongst what is a pretty fit looking bunch, he doesn't look like he's physically in career best shape though (I type on my keyboard as I sit here not being a professional athlete).

As far as I'm aware T, he's well liked and respected amongst the group. Despite our multitude of issues on the field, I'm told and have observed myself that the culture and mateship amongst this group is the strongest it's ever been. Coach is well respected too. It's quite cool following this group on their respective social media and seeing how close they all are.

Thanks HS. I get that feeling too from afar and I really do hope we re-sign the lazy b :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Few posts from training lately that support HS’ comments about the tightness of the group, really good to see the boys all enjoying training and ripping in. Fifita looks happy as well, hopefully this can lead to him re-signing.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...YehIp1g3z8HBWg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmP5h...d=NTdlMDg3MTY=

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Few posts from training lately that support HS’ comments about the tightness of the group, really good to see the boys all enjoying training and ripping in. Fifita looks happy as well, hopefully this can lead to him re-signing.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...YehIp1g3z8HBWg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmP5h...d=NTdlMDg3MTY=
    Yeah really liking the group right now, seems pretty genuine and none of the forced brotherhood that teams often seem to have but always falls apart after a rough fortnight of results.

From some of the photos on IG I think Lofi might be pushing my top 10 most handsome Titans ever, crazy rig on him, Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Hope he can show us what he's got man. I dont even care if he can't play a lick of defense, just get him out there and have a Lofi-cam on him for 80 minutes. Gonna refer to him as Lofi Billboards from now on since that's where he belongs imo.

First Grader

Lofi has a top 5 rig in the comp once he debuts.

With our new number 9s I feel like now we are a team
    If we can keep Verrills on the field we are able to jell quickly we should finish in the top 4
    but will finish top 8
    Our young side will be strong for years to come as well
    Lui can go back to lead our front row that leave Clarke and a few other new guys to play lock
    with the talk I D fifita leaving we have plenty of young tallent coming up to take his spot likes of young Hass tinos brother Seth by report is making it hard not to get picked sorry if I missed a few name here
    there is always Sam Mac to include as well
    I feel we lacking a bit in the front but with Lui moving there I think give us a strongter front row in rotaction
    I also feel like Sexton will get the number 7 with Foran at 6 my hardest thing is were to play AJ and to me he is either a 1 or a 14 he is a attacking player more then anything what he can do in 15min can win a game

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    With our new number 9s I feel like now we are a team
    If we can keep Verrills on the field we are able to jell quickly we should finish in the top 4
    but will finish top 8
    Our young side will be strong for years to come as well
    Lui can go back to lead our front row that leave Clarke and a few other new guys to play lock
    with the talk I D fifita leaving we have plenty of young tallent coming up to take his spot likes of young Hass tinos brother Seth by report is making it hard not to get picked sorry if I missed a few name here
    there is always Sam Mac to include as well
    I feel we lacking a bit in the front but with Lui moving there I think give us a strongter front row in rotaction
    I also feel like Sexton will get the number 7 with Foran at 6 my hardest thing is were to play AJ and to me he is either a 1 or a 14 he is a attacking player more then anything what he can do in 15min can win a game
    I love the enthusiasm but i think we need to taper off a bit. A good finish would be in the 10th- 7th range.

The squad is currently doing a three day army camp.

Also looks like they’ve trimmed down the number of JTS boys still with the squad full time in the lead up to Xmas.

I'm loving reading and seeing the boot camp and also how the club is communicating it with the fans.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER