Page 86 of 102 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1527
    First Grader

https://twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/s...86533637607424

Quick segment with Mitchell about the situation, Tweed will be the main affiliate for as long as possible while we still look for another option to drop some players at. Hopefully there's a longer form of the press conference come out.

The little clip of Tino at training haha, mans going to go insane against the Sharks.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 09-08-23 at 06:46 PM.

Just to clarify, this is the allocation rules. Adequate allocation is only permitted with 3x affiliates.

You'd need three feeders to even consider doing what Cowboys have done. That isn't really a model that makes sense for the Titans IMO.

With two, you need to split them and have QRL approval that it has been done fairly.

With one, you're pretty much screwed
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 09-08-23 at 06:57 PM.

First Grader

I'd love to see Northern Rivers in the NSW cup, It doesn't weaken QRL and NSWRL not having a team north of Newcastle seems dumb + NSW only having 13 teams compared to 15, Townsville can make it 16 and we make it 14.

Jets would be a good option as well considering we got quite a few players in both mans and womans from there.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 09-08-23 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Yep! (I didn't see your reply to WD earlier, HS.) The cowboys set this up under the new QRL adequate allocation rules. We could do the same. Hold some talks with Ipswich or whoever (pity the Capras are tangled up with the dolphins)...then load Tweed with our nrl "fringe players" and provide our other affiliates with "increased resources" and "financial commitment".

That's why I think the Cowboys set up is smart.

We have the business nous at our club to get this done imo.
    We did this in the past but the capras kept wanting more money iirc

If the ‘Ponies can rescind the two year option clause in Oates’ contract then why can’t we rescind the get out clauses? I know there will be some legalbabble but we are a soft touch in this area.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Re Verrills injury

https://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/...e?platform=amp

"He broke his collarbone at the Roosters last year before he came to us and got a plate in it," Lenihan told AAP.

"Sam did it again at the Titans in a contact drill on day one of pre-season and they put another plate in and more screws.

"It got infected after that procedure and they cleaned it up. The infection is back and it starting to pop through the skin where they cut him.

That’s one tough guy and I hope they can strengthen and stabilize that area but it doesn’t auger well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Re Verrills injury

https://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/...e?platform=amp

"He broke his collarbone at the Roosters last year before he came to us and got a plate in it," Lenihan told AAP.

"Sam did it again at the Titans in a contact drill on day one of pre-season and they put another plate in and more screws.

"It got infected after that procedure and they cleaned it up. The infection is back and it starting to pop through the skin where they cut him.
    So why isn't he playing?

First Grader

"The concern is around the bone healing properly so they are going to clean the infection up and do a bone graft to reinvigorate the healing process and make sure it is right to go."

He has shown incredible commitment to the cause to battle on under duress.

"Not many people know what Sam has been doing for us just to get to game day," Lenihan said.

"He is always padded up at training and in games but he is just getting on with it.

The rehabilitation process will be several months but Lenihan said the club was taking a long-term view to get Verrills ready to attack the 2024 season.
    He was only playing because of our slim chances at finals. I remember Verrills saying that the first one was done wrong when he was at Roosters, I think it was before the Storm game.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 10-08-23 at 02:18 PM.

Dunno where to post but tweeds piggabeen are beginning works on 3 fit for purpose rugby league grounds

Only 1 will have qcup / seagulls paint so far

Edit: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...plan+FINAL.pdf
    Last edited by T0ken; 10-08-23 at 08:57 PM.

Guess I’ll post here as it is a league discussion thread. At the beginning of the season Betr (betting agency) were offering 101/1 on any NRL team to win the GF. I put $10 on Panthers. About 2 months ago they offered me a cash out of $20 plus my $10 back. I ignored it. Yesterday they offered $400 plus my $10… I ignored it.

Nah I didn’t. Lol. Took my $410 even though they look likely again.

Only time will tell Shamus but I hope you made the right decision on several levels :-)

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Guess I’ll post here as it is a league discussion thread. At the beginning of the season Betr (betting agency) were offering 101/1 on any NRL team to win the GF. I put $10 on Panthers. About 2 months ago they offered me a cash out of $20 plus my $10 back. I ignored it. Yesterday they offered $400 plus my $10… I ignored it.

Nah I didn’t. Lol. Took my $410 even though they look likely again.
    I took the same deal mate.....purely out of spite. F*ck the panthers

One thing I have noticed among our fan base is how quickly we all are to turn on players that supposedly aren't meeting expectations. I'm a culprit of it too on countless occasions. It's what us fans do. But one player I will not stand for getting immense amounts of hatred right now is Tanah Boyd. I've seen a fair amount of people on here, Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, etc. saying we need to drop Boyd. Everyone was praising Boyd at the end of last season. A majority wanted him as our 7, yet that majority now want him gone and replaced with Hunt, Weaver (Which don't get me wrong, Weaver is great but is not NRL level yet), etc.

He may not be a ball running half, but keep in mind that Boyd has the 3rd most amount of kick metres in the comp right now (9,136), only behind Townsend and SJ. He's kicked a total of 290 times this season (of which 132 are attacking kicks), which on average is 13.8 times a game. Thats roughly 435m per game, and 31.5m per kick. Additionally, he has forced 18 drop outs. He has also kicked 69 goals this season from a possible 86, converting at 80.2% for the season. Furthermore, he has scored 147 points for us this season, which is 4th most individual points in a season in the clubs history. Now I won't compare these stats to last year as he wasn't starting until we as a fan base gave up on yet another number 7 in Sexton. Boyd is having a great season. What we need to do is get him partnered with a decent 6. A ball running 6. Foz is 33 and beyond his prime, his body is broken and is being outshined by Boyd in all metrics besides tries scored. And let's face it, replacing Boyd with a 33 year old Hunt will do more damage than good.

We can get mad at individual players for a mountain of things, like whey they go missing in certain games, certain plays they make or heartbreaking errors, etc. but at the end of the day, the whole team is accountable for how the result is. What is getting rid of Boyd for another 7 going to do for the 546 points we've conceded this season so far? or our 760 missed tackles and 393 ineffective tackles? What about our 206 errors, of which 168 are handling errors? What about the 113 penalties we've conceded? Will dropping a player who, by most metrics, is playing his best season yet fix our discipline and defence? No. It won't. Obviously there are certain players that need the axe (I'm looking at you, Schoupp), But Boyd is not one of them. He is a talented half who is only 23 and has literally 59 games under his belt. Trust the process guys.

We are shaping a team and culture that we have not had here ever. We have a core group of lads who actually are proud to represent the club. Players that truly do want to stay and not just come for the pay check or supposed 'holiday', or leave due the lack of heart and passion. We have an amazing board of directors and even better owners. As much as this club does my head in with its performances on the field, there is positives to look forward too. We have for the first time, a premiership winning coach taking the reigns. A coach who takes no bs and will spray the boys for their lack of discipline and piss poor showings. Doors at CBUS are no longer safe, And I am happy about it.

We have 12 players in AJ, JC, Tino, Fermor, Fifita, Joliffe, BK, AKP, Kini, Randall, Sami and Verrills who are committed til 2026 (Tino til '33). 6 more til 2025 and 10 til the end of next year. The club truly is trying to turn it around and create a winning football side.

I've been a fan since I was 3 years old back in 07. Decided to go against my pa who's a lifelong Dragons fan, and did not look back. I would beg my dad to put the Titans games on each week, which in doing so converted him from a Raiders fan to a Titans fan too, and instigated our move to the Coast. This team is my life. It's practically all I've ever known, as it is for a lot of us diehards. There have been some major dark times at this club. Some very piss poor results and performances. We've all been through hell and back supporting this team, some more than others. And, as much as it would be so easy to give up on the team, to just walk away, we don't. We don't because we know that one day, it will all come together. We know that if we hold out, suffer alongside one another and support the club, it will be all worth it in the end. Our women's team is 3/3 in their second season, and are shaping to potentially win the club's first trophy. We are so close. I can't help but allow myself to believe.

As the premier league final match day saying goes - "It's the hope that kills you".
    But for us Titans fans, it's the belief that keeps you going.