Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast

God i'm gonna be sick if AJ is moved to centre. Disaster move IMO as much as I love AJ.

First Grader

I havnt seen Foran play half-back for years since the eels but I do recall he played very straight and direct. I think he will do wonders for fifita if fifi learns how to run a decent line

Lets keep it simple and have our players in their best positions so the spine is

1. AJ
    6. Foran
    7. Boyd
    9. Verrills

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Lets keep it simple and have our players in their best positions so the spine is

1. AJ
    6. Foran
    7. Boyd
    9. Verrills
    Agree, and stick JC on the wing

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post

1. AJ
    6. Foran
    7. Boyd
    9. Verrills
    JC best fullback in the club. AJ on the left and JC on the right in attack in opps 20mt zone is the best chance to score

Someone should start a poll to get an idea of what everyone thinks is the best option. It needs to have include AJ, JC, Boyd, Foran and Sexton options.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Agree, and stick JC on the wing
    Hope your ready for him to be ragdolled into touch every possession

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Hope you’re ready for him to be ragdolled into touch every possession
    This is my issue with him being NRL standard. As far as him being the best fb in the Club, I don’t agree there either. AJ on his day is comprehensively better and then we have some very talented players emerging too. I like JC but he hasn’t got a lock on fb just yet.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think as of right now AJ is a more consistent player than JC, but I also think JC has a higher ceiling than AJ. JC looks like he is slightly bulking up, let's hope that helps with his defence and being rag dolled.

I also think we need to find a way to have both AJ and JC playing on the field at the same time, they are our spark in attack and can catch out lazy defenders....what position they play im not sure, but they both have to be playing.

Just to put this out there - JC hasn’t actually played on the wing bar a few random occasions in junior football 3+ years ago. I know he mentions casually in interviews that he is ok playing there but it’s not a position he’s actually got much experience in or shown he’s capable at

IMO, at this stage if he’s not at fullback he doesn’t make the 17

First Grader

I think the 1, 6 and 7 should be JC, AJ and Foz.

My reasoning are.

1. AJ and Beau were deadly on the left side of attack this year and I don’t see breaking up that combination and having a new combination is going to improve the left hand side of attack where a new combinations will take some time to develop and may not improve what we already have.

2. We lacked experience in the halves this year and the most experienced half pairing will be Foran and AJ. We don’t want the same excuses next year that we have a young half.

3. Whilst Tanah improved last year , he still did not unlock Fifita whereas Foran will have the experience to get Fifita running the right lines and had shown how to run straight lines whilst putting edge forwards through the gaps.

4. Tanah defence against players with footwork at the line is a weakness in his game and was found wanting on a number of occasions and I would want to see improvement in that area before placing him in the starting lineup.

5. Tanah long kicking game is adequate but not really long which demands his inclusion.

6. JC during the year certainly improved his skill set on line defence and appears to be bigger for next year.

It is important we maintain and further improve what worked this year (AJ and Beau) whilst putting in experience where we lacked this year in Foran at 7.

Nicely said WD, good to see a post from you. Feels like it's been a little while.

Interview with AJ here. Worth a listen. He comments a fair bit on the spine conundrum and where he's training. Must say, AJ's maturity and development as a professional footballer (off the field) and leader within the squad over the years really comes to light in these interviews year after year.
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...great-brimson/

@Titanic might want to skip this one mate, looks like he's growing a mullet

First Grader

18 month groin problem that still isn't fixed. That's a bit concerning for his future but apparently he's OK with the pain... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    18 month groin problem that still isn't fixed. That's a bit concerning for his future but apparently he's OK with the pain... for now.
    It's the same one he managed all last year and probably one that he'll have to manage for his entire career

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Nicely said WD, good to see a post from you. Feels like it's been a little while.

Interview with AJ here. Worth a listen. He comments a fair bit on the spine conundrum and where he's training. Must say, AJ's maturity and development as a professional footballer (off the field) and leader within the squad over the years really comes to light in these interviews year after year.
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...great-brimson/

@Titanic might want to skip this one mate, looks like he's growing a mullet
    Any hints at where he's going to play? (can't watch the video)