Page 64 of 102 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    Absolute legend. Thanks mate, imma make sure he studies it throughout the week!
    Send a copy to the Bunker while you’re at it please
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    AJ has the spot easily at 1 for the next couples years, the big question now is if we go with Leeming or JC at 14 after this all goes down and Verills comes back. We need to see more but Leeming looks like a good pick up and he can also play halves if needed.
    Has to be JC no question. Too good not to be in the 17. Especially as we have to have cover for Foran.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Hey JB are you ruling Clark out?
    Sorry, just saw this. Clark can go in the rotation for Liu

Do we reckon AJ and Foran are back this week?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    Do we reckon AJ and Foran are back this week?
    I tuned in right at the end of AJ’s pre-game interview with Channel 9 but as he was leaving the reporter said “Can’t wait to see you back next week” so I assumed he said he’d be back for this game? I’ll like our chances a lot more if Brimmo and Foz are both back

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    I tuned in right at the end of AJ’s pre-game interview with Channel 9 but as he was leaving the reporter said “Can’t wait to see you back next week” so I assumed he said he’d be back for this game? I’ll like our chances a lot more if Brimmo and Foz are both back
    If Brimmo and Foz are back, I can see us somehow getting away with a win. The boys are ready and willing to fight for it now. Haven't seen that glimmer and spark in the boys eyes in a while. It SHOULD be a classic game.

Does Leemings keep a spot as well? I personally don't see why he doesn't but its hard now as who do we risk dropping?

Still processing last night’s result.

As i posted in the game thread last night i want to see Jojo in for Kelly, Haas for Stimson and Stimson back to bench to replace Vuna.

Kelly has frustrated me for the longest time with his errors and brain explosions.

I thought i would take a bit of a statistical look at it. I understand stats can be misleading and i wanted to focus on our defensive issues and for the bench forwards hitups as well.

Instead of other players in the nrl i thought i would compare to our own players in the same position.

Kelly vs Schoupp

I think most would say on face value Schoupp was more a defensive centre and Kelly attacking.

Errors per game

Schoupp 0.66
    Kelly 1.25

Schoupp not great, but Kelly awful. At least 1 error every game.

The suprising thing for me was tackle efficiency. Kelly actually had a marginally better tackle efficiency rate than Schoupp.

Schoupp 6 games 71 tackles, 17 missed

Kelly 4 games 56 tackles, 11 missed

Neither great, averaging almost 3 missed tackles per game.

Next 2nd row.

Again Fifita more know for line breaks than tackling and hitups.

Fifita 6 games averaging 16 runs per game, averaging 10 metres per run

Stimson 6 games averaging 6 runs per game, averaging 8.4 metres per run

Impressed by Fifita’s increased involvement in tough carries and most of these metres are off carries rather than 50 metre line breaks.

Defensively it is not good for Stimson (LEADS the league in missed tackles).

Fifita tackle efficiency 91%, averaging 2.5 missed tackles per game

Stimson tackle efficiency 85%, averaging 5.5 missed tackles per game

Finally i wanted to look at the impact of our bench forwards, understanding Isack has only played 4 games of NRL and Vuna 10 i think.

Both played low minutes and tackle efficiency about the same, but

Vuna averages 21 minutes per game and averaging 11 tackles per game and 3 runs

Fa’asuamaleaui averages 30 minutes per game and averaging 18 tackles per game and 7 runs

Surely we can bring in Makele for 20 minutes per game and expect more than 4 runs for some impact.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 16-04-23 at 11:37 AM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Still processing last night’s result.

As i posted in the game thread last night i want to see Jojo in for Kelly, Haas for Stimson and Stimson back to bench to replace Vuna.

Kelly has frustrated me for the longest time with his errors and brain explosions.

I thought i would take a bit of a statistical look at it. I understand stats can be misleading and i wanted to focus on our defensive issues and for the bench forwards hitups as well.

Instead of other players in the nrl i thought i would compare to our own players in the same position.

Kelly vs Schoupp

I think most would say on face value Schoupp was more a defensive centre and Kelly attacking.

Errors per game

Schoupp 0.66
    Kelly 1.25

Schoupp not great, but Kelly awful. At least 1 error every game.

The suprising thing for me was tackle efficiency. Kelly actually had a marginally better tackle efficiency rate than Schoupp.

Schoupp 6 games 71 tackles, 17 missed

Kelly 4 games 56 tackles, 11 missed

Neither great, averaging almost 3 missed tackles per game.

Next 2nd row.

Again Fifita more know for line breaks than tackling and hitups.

Fifita 6 games averaging 16 runs per game, averaging 10 metres per run

Stimson 6 games averaging 6 runs per game, averaging 8.4 metres per run

Impressed by Fifita’s increased involvement in tough carries and most of these metres are off carries rather than 50 metre line breaks.

Defensively it is not good for Stimson (LEADS the league in missed tackles).

Fifita tackle efficiency 91%, averaging 2.5 missed tackles per game

Stimson tackle efficiency 85%, averaging 5.5 missed tackles per game
    I’ve never liked the tackle efficiency stat because it is based solely on attempted tackles. This is biased towards lazy players who only attempt the easy tackles. Stimson has received great wraps on this forum this year because of his effort in defense. Our eyes do not lie. He’s the main one attempting to make cover tackles to make up for others’ misses and misreads. Naturally, that translates to more misses.

You could add that the right side is more targeted than the left although that trend is not so apparent in 2023.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I’ve never liked the tackle efficiency stat because it is based solely on attempted tackles. This is biased towards lazy players who only attempt the easy tackles. Stimson has received great wraps on this forum this year because of his effort in defense. Our eyes do not lie. He’s the main one attempting to make cover tackles to make up for others’ misses and misreads. Naturally, that translates to more misses.
    Its a given that more tackles can lead to more misses, but Fifita (who is not known for his defense) averages 27 tackles per game compared to Stimson’s 33, yet has only 16 missed tackles compared to Stimson’s 34.

Haven’t taken the stats to the next level to work out when in the game they are happening, but both edge forwards at times looked gassed and stay on the ground after making a tackle rather than getting back in the defensive line. Fifita has played the full 80 for every game except the 2.00pm scorcher against Melbourne and Stimson has only played the full 80 once in 6 games.

Not having a crack at Stimson and glad we have him after losing Fermor and Joliffe, just would prefer his impact off the bench.

First Grader

Missing tackles isn't bad if your shutting down the attacking play which Stimson does a lot + right side gets attacked much more. Munster the other week had 13 or something missed because he runs up and shuts everything down with that first contact and pressure he puts on.

Melbourne miss more tackles then anyone but that is due to their defensive schemes.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Its a given that more tackles can lead to more misses, but Fifita (who is not known for his defense) averages 27 tackles per game compared to Stimson’s 33, yet has only 16 missed tackles compared to Stimson’s 34.

Haven’t taken the stats to the next level to work out when in the game they are happening, but both edge forwards at times looked gassed and stay on the ground after making a tackle rather than getting back in the defensive line. Fifita has played the full 80 for every game except the 2.00pm scorcher against Melbourne and Stimson has only played the full 80 once in 6 games.

Not having a crack at Stimson and glad we have him after losing Fermor and Joliffe, just would prefer his impact off the bench.
    That's not quite what I said. Tackle efficiency is a %, so it should scale in theory to attempted tackles if all attempts were of equal difficulty. What I'm talking about is cover tackles, which are a higher degree of difficulty resulting in more misses. Tackle efficiency alone doesn't tell that story.

Would anyone argue that Fifita is defending better than Stimson this year? Stimson attempts more cover tackles than Fifita, hence more misses and a lower efficiency.

First Grader

Got to give massive props to Tino and Holbrook at the press conference. Thought they both handled it incredibly and didn't blame anyone, Holbrook got real close but caught himself and just put it back on our performance and Tino seemed heartbroken about letting down the team.

JFKs daughter and the US ambassador Caroline Kennedy got to hang out with Gordy all night and apparently she loved the game and is a big league supporter over AFL, She knew quite a bit he said. Green Arrow was also there. https://www.instagram.com/p/CrFnDKrpTjO/

These girls are all of us hahahhahaa
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CrFGYB4pIMF/
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 17-04-23 at 05:55 PM.

Wasn’t sure where to place this and it’s total fantasy (just like those who say they are leaving the club after today’s loss), but i’m interested in other’s opinion. If you could sign 1 previous Titans player to bolster our squad (for the next 2 seasons only) and bringing the form they had when they were a titan, who you grabbing. I got my pick, just curious in other answers. No ridiculous answers like Michael Henderson either.

Jahrome Hughes