Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast

How did JC go in the centres I didn't really notice him was just waiting for Kini and Weaver to touch the ball the whole second half they are talented

Rep Player

All in all some good and bad from the trial but geeze the young blokes impressed. AKP needs to get the errors out of his game if he wants to lock down that wing spot. Again a bit disjointed on the edges defence wise and Sami looked a bit out of sorts at times for me. As others have said Kini looks a superstar in the making and weavers stocks improved out of sight. With an injury this year I could see him debuting. I cant see Sexton cracking the team this year, again hes far too slow and didnt really do enough to elevate where he was last season for me. Tannah was solid and goal kicking was immense. All in all a solid hitout, some good glimpses for the future and im more interested to see our first choice spine/edges in the next trial to get a better indication.

What happened to our young hooker from last year, Bryant(?)?
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    What happened to our young hooker from last year, Bryant(?)?
    He had a broken leg late last season I believe.

Anybody like to comment on this observation: last season Jojo for all his speed was never given the chance to show it except in broken play. Yesterday he got given clean ball and elected to kick (or pass vision wasn’t clear) instead of using his pace.
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-02-23 at 01:19 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Sexton lack of pass is his major challenge. Needs. great oass and kicking game to make up for lack of speed.It can bevdone but hecwill have to work hard.

It was too easy for Walsh to get on the outside of Sexton for the first try.

I thought our attack looker 100 times better once sikahele came on he impressed me he's had a few bad injuries hasn't he? Booth might struggle to get a gig if he keeps this up

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I thought our attack looker 100 times better once sikahele came on he impressed me he's had a few bad injuries hasn't he? Booth might struggle to get a gig if he keeps this up
    Yeah mate he busted his achilles last pre season and did his knee the pre season before that. Only played a handful of games last year. Really interested in whether he gets named for the next trial

First Grader

Is Haas a chance of the last bench forward spot over Stimson and Sam Mac? Haas did less on offence but made 25/26 tackles compared to Stimson at 16/19 and Sam Mac at 8/16. Haas with 4 runs for 58m and 29m post contact is pretty incredible and also the quickest play the ball in the team at 3.01s.

The first half wasn't great but keeping them to nil in the second half is a massive positive for us and the young guys who came on. Tannah showed some great leadership and looks in for a big year, Sexton did himself zero favours and Weaver looked like he'll be ready later in the year for a debut. Sami moving back to the wing in the 2nd half probably means Kelly is coming back in unless Lofi is undroppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Is Haas a chance of the last bench forward spot over Stimson and Sam Mac? Haas did less on offence but made 25/26 tackles compared to Stimson at 16/19 and Sam Mac at 8/16. Haas with 4 runs for 58m and 29m post contact is pretty incredible and also the quickest play the ball in the team at 3.01s.

The first half wasn't great but keeping them to nil in the second half is a massive positive for us and the young guys who came on. Tannah showed some great leadership and looks in for a big year, Sexton did himself zero favours and Weaver looked like he'll be ready later in the year for a debut. Sami moving back to the wing in the 2nd half probably means Kelly is coming back in unless Lofi is undroppable.
    I hear ya, Cowabunga. Based on that trial, I have a bench for round one with Mo, Liu, Sam Mac and Haas (just pipping Stimson and my personal bias for Alick).

My starting team also has JC on the right wing and Jojo at left centre with Sami outside him but otherwise as expected.

I also wonder how much the trial is/could be used to decide the last two spots in our roster. If so, Iszac looks like one of them but I would have thought T.Francis would get more of a test (at left centre).
    Last edited by MaroonTitan; 14-02-23 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Anybody like to comment on this observation: last season Jojo for all his speed was never given the chance to show it except in broken play. Yesterday he got given clean ball and elected to kick (or pass vision wasn’t clear) instead of using his pace.
    he was out of space, had to kick or he would've been taken into touch. The pass was a bit of a floater and by the time he caught it the edge D had shifted across. Wasn't a good kick though lol

Rep Player

Is JC at left centre a chance? I was pushing for AJ at left centre with JC at fullback but I can see merit in the reverse.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Commentators always say how fast he is but I haven't seen it yet.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Commentators always say how fast he is but I haven't seen it yet.
    I think he's fast over 100 but perhaps not as explosive over 40 which is more relevant for NRL.

First Grader

Jojo looks like he's 10/15 kgs heavier to be fair then when he ran those times at Aussies back in year 12 for him. I haven't seen him in the clear when he isn't tired either yet.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 14-02-23 at 01:28 PM.