Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

QScan Injury Report Week 1
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...report-week-1/
    One week of pre-season down, Titans Head of Physical Performance Cameron Ferguson gives an update on training and also the latest news on Erin Clark's injury recovery.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Looks like Round 1 we're set to play the Tigers, at Leichardt, in the Sunday 6pm game (March 5th).

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...db284d834523b2

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Looks like Round 1 we're set to play the Tigers, at Leichardt, in the Sunday 6pm game (March 5th).

Not bad. I'm pleased it isn't the Warriors or Raiders or Parra. And a game we could win.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

An interview with Josiah Pahulu on his extension, aspirations and the influence of Tino

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ns-pre-season/

No excuses for that game. At least playing Canberra or Roosters we used to have an excuse

With the signing of Schoupp who is a bit of a mongrel in defence I will be thinking of the following lineup:

1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Treymaine Spry
    3. Jojo Fifita
    4. Aaron Schoupp
    5. Greg Marzhew / Philip Sami / Tony Francis / BK
    6. AJ Brimson
    7. Keiran Foran
    8. Tino
    9. Sam Verrills
    10. Jaimin Jolifee
    11. Beau Fermor
    12. David Fifita
    13. Erin Clarke

14. Tanah Boyd
    15. Mo Fotuaika
    16. Isaac Liu
    17. Klese Haas / Sam McIntyre / Joseph Vuna / Joe Stimson

I think the wingers are hard to pick now, I personally see Treymaine as a more complete package than the other wingers so he gets a spot. I think the other spot will really be between Marzhew and Sami with BK and Francis fighting for positions.

The bench is also hard, I'm not the biggest fan of Isaac Liu but I think a but of experience coming off the bench with Mo Fotuaika would be best to cover 80mins. I think Tanah is essentially locked into the 14. With the last spot up between some of the existing forwards and upcoming forwards.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    With the signing of Schoupp who is a bit of a mongrel in defence I will be thinking of the following lineup:

1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Treymaine Spry
    3. Jojo Fifita
    4. Aaron Schoupp
    5. Greg Marzhew / Philip Sami / Tony Francis / BK
    6. AJ Brimson
    7. Keiran Foran
    8. Tino
    9. Sam Verrills
    10. Jaimin Jolifee
    11. Beau Fermor
    12. David Fifita
    13. Erin Clarke

14. Tanah Boyd
    15. Mo Fotuaika
    16. Isaac Liu
    17. Klese Haas / Sam McIntyre / Joseph Vuna / Joe Stimson

I think the wingers are hard to pick now, I personally see Treymaine as a more complete package than the other wingers so he gets a spot. I think the other spot will really be between Marzhew and Sami with BK and Francis fighting for positions.

The bench is also hard, I'm not the biggest fan of Isaac Liu but I think a but of experience coming off the bench with Mo Fotuaika would be best to cover 80mins. I think Tanah is essentially locked into the 14. With the last spot up between some of the existing forwards and upcoming forwards.

This would be my line up, except I'd swap liu and Clarke.

Great lineup!!

Sami will be the first winger picked and rightly so IMO

Marzhew/Spry/Tony/Lofi/maybe BK will battle it out for the other spot I'd say.

A lot of people are going to be disappointed when Marzhew doesn't walk into the 17 but he's got some huge holes in his game he unfortunately hasn't resolved after 5 years in full-time NRL systems.

1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Phillip Sami
    3. Jojo Fifita
    4. Aaron Schoupp
    5. Greg Marzhew/Spry/Francis/Kelly
    6. AJ Brimson
    7. Keiran Foran
    8. Tino
    9. Sam Verrills
    10. Jaimin Jolifee
    11. Beau Fermor
    12. David Fifita
    13. Isaac Liu

14. Tanah Boyd
    15. Mo Fotuaika
    16. Erin Clarke
    17. Klese Haas

This is my way too premature team for round 1 2023. Good to see there are a few solid first graders that will have to bide their time like Sam Mac, Kelly and Stimson.

Still not 100% sold on Foran as a 7 but I think we need to give it a try to start with.

I still think we are a bit light on for middle forwards

Is Spry already fully recovered from his incident last year, and back to his best? I'm pretty surprised by the comments in this thread about him starting for us already this year.
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    Is Spry already fully recovered from his incident last year, and back to his best? I'm pretty surprised by the comments in this thread about him starting for us already this year.
    Yeah, I'm also a bit surprised considering he was still clearly working his way back and anyone who saw him play for Tweed would know that. It was great to see him back at Qcup and no doubt he looked more comfortable the more games he got in, but he wasn't back to where he was. Defensively in particular he was very tentative with contact.

A full pre-season will be great for him and I'm confident he's going to get back there, but I think we need to probably simmer the expectations a little bit for now

Sami will be the first winger picked and rightly so IMO

Marzhew/Spry/Tony/Lofi/maybe BK will battle it out for the other spot I'd say.

A lot of people are going to be disappointed when Marzhew doesn't walk into the 17 but he's got some huge holes in his game he unfortunately hasn't resolved after 5 years in full-time NRL systems.
    We need an offensive and defensive team.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    We need an offensive and defensive team.
    and special teams so we can bring on a goal kicker

First Grader

I guess regarding spry, it may be rose coloured glasses and I could be completely wrong. But his last solid stint with the first grade side was when we went on that run of winning 5 straight to finish the season out. I don't recall him putting a foot wrong defensively and he formed a great partnership with BK in attack.

Then the following season he disappeared for reasons unknown (to most of us). Then injured last season because of that king hit Brisbane.

I just felt like he never let the team down when he was playing (that I remember) and I would live to see him given another opportunity. He's a big body on the wing.

We have seen what sami brings off the wing, and it isn't it. I think jojo is a better centre than sami also.