Page 80 of 102 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1527

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    In reference to players being poached. They listed a bunch of players and then said:

The Titans have fought hard to push the Broncos out of the Gold Coast, but they are now leaving themselves open to poaching raids by severing ties with the Bears

Which isn't how it works re players being poached. All that happens is the Broncos would send rostered players back to Burleigh, and Burleigh would be able to utilise the benefits of having NRL affiliation when filling their own squad.

What you're saying is correct - there's nothing stopping the Broncos aligning with Burleigh or Tweed's Qcup sides if they no longer have an affiliate agreement in place with the Titans, and it's in their best interest to have an affiliate agreement with an NRL club. I'd expect multiple NRL clubs will express a similar interest in Burleigh in particular.

The biggest challenge for the Titans is what do they do with the pathway kids who are too old for MM Cup, but not good enough for to play Qcup (for the Titans side in 2024+). The answer to that is likely local A-grade, like they're currently doing with Seth Nikotemo.

From my basic understanding the only reason we will leave Burleigh is to start our own team in the QRL and follow the dolphins model. Most of our regular nrl players in the titans QRL sides and our overflow developing players and northern rivers titans reps graduating into tweed until they are first grade ready.

We already sign kids from marsden and let them play at Logan or somewhere close to them. We don’t really force many players to move to x or y club

The problem we are having is two fold, 1 nsw clubs don’t have affiliation rules to follow because they have full pathway representation which means they can work combinations easily. And 2 we as the titans are essentially trusting that Burleigh will do the right thing and play our development players where we want them to play. But it doesn’t work sometimes like schoupp as a second rower or degroot having to play centre. Burleigh have done similar like swap players sides or drop them out all together without communicating properly (or what the clubs perceive anyway)

So it’s a rock and a hard place. Ideallly we could like the dolphins have our foundations teams and affiliates teams but it will take the QRL to look at their rules and charters to figure it out. Talent spread makes a more even comp in theory but even the storm are entering the nsw cup to get around affiliate limitations

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    From my basic understanding the only reason we will leave Burleigh is to start our own team in the QRL and follow the dolphins model. Most of our regular nrl players in the titans QRL sides and our overflow developing players and northern rivers titans reps graduating into tweed until they are first grade ready.

We already sign kids from marsden and let them play at Logan or somewhere close to them. We don’t really force many players to move to x or y club

The problem we are having is two fold, 1 nsw clubs don’t have affiliation rules to follow because they have full pathway representation which means they can work combinations easily. And 2 we as the titans are essentially trusting that Burleigh will do the right thing and play our development players where we want them to play. But it doesn’t work sometimes like schoupp as a second rower or degroot having to play centre. Burleigh have done similar like swap players sides or drop them out all together without communicating properly (or what the clubs perceive anyway)

So it’s a rock and a hard place. Ideallly we could like the dolphins have our foundations teams and affiliates teams but it will take the QRL to look at their rules and charters to figure it out. Talent spread makes a more even comp in theory but even the storm are entering the nsw cup to get around affiliate limitations
    Yeah mate, that's the reason they're doing it - because the Titans could have their own qcup team. You can bank on it at this stage unless Des is wildly opposed. The Dolphins model isn't quite the same - they have both Redcliffe and Norths from next year too. The closest example is the Cowboys who put all their players with the Blackhawks this season.

What you're saying about kids being signed is spot on. We sign plenty from Brisbane, and NZ. Broncos sign kids from GC, NQ, and NZ. Sydney clubs sign SEQ kids all the time. Any club can sign any player anywhere from the year they turn 15 so long as they're not signed elsewhere. A catchment area is simply where you choose to invest most of your development and scouting resources, and you hope that creates a return when you're signing and developing junior talent from that area.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 04-07-23 at 07:25 AM.

Wow huge news if we get a QCUP side. We opened it up and talked about the pros and cons last year. Most seemed to approve.

I can seen the Broncos looking to try to take a bite out of our territory. The Broncos do have a strong level of support down here. They are really hurting from the Norths Devils shifting to the Dolphins.

We've already started to cast more eyes on the QCUP, especially with mdrew and HS's contributions. If we get a dedicated Titans side, that interest will go through the roof.

I'd still prefer to keep Burleigh but I guess we have made a strategic shift and the QRL seem to be agreeable and the Broncos have a better deal for their club as a feeder to their NRL side.

Lots happening!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Would it make sense for the Titans to have their own MM and CC sides to provide a better a more cpntrolled pathway and closer affinity with the Titans brand for our younger players.

Just throwing it out there.

First Grader

We pretty much have a CC team in the Northern Rivers Titans don't we for the kids from down south? At the end of the day these comps are 6 weeks and finals, They're fine but they're pretty much an off season comp for the young guys from what I understand. I don't think the MM/HDC stuff makes a huge difference compared to Keebra, Marsden and PBC and any of the schools running programs for us.

My only concern about not having a HDC team and I know barely anything, Is that some of the 17 to 21 year olds who need some time against u21s get sent in against A grade man and get a bit smashed. I'm sure they'll have that covered though.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 30-06-23 at 06:07 PM.

Gee, going to be a tough one against the dolphins next week.

No Tino, Moe, Fifita and likely no Brimson.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Gee, going to be a tough one against the dolphins next week.

No Tino, Moe, Fifita and likely no Brimson.
    Real bummer to see these Queensland derbies around Origin time.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Toby Sexton not playing for Tweed today. Not sure if injury related.

Hey the Rugby League Writers are on fire with their latest and we get a special mention this week (but also have a look at the Drinkwater try - it's a great set up and play):
    https://rugbyleaguewriters.com/featu...elliott-brown/

Who could possibly be our Tino this week? Or will we shelve that play?

Hi all Hopefully I have got this in he right place.
    I think Toby Sexton this week will be man of the match for the dogs.
    We will want to buy him back in a year or 2 as I number 1 half yes he slow off the mark but get or make plenty of time for himself
    Most of thehe is the the 1sr player back to make a tackle on the line to save it only to be let down by his team mates.
    I still rate him better the Boyd Dont get me wrong I like Boyd and he has a great conversion on him.
    But so did Sexton untill he lost his mojoI think Wallace was his problem where he was on the field.
    Anyway to make it short Sexton man of the match this week him and Mahoney will form a very strong bond

I think you’re right Jaffa, how he didn’t get a show when Foran went down last time is another of ole Sour Grapes great mysteries.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think you’re right Jaffa, how he didn’t get a show when Foran went down last time is another of ole Sour Grapes great mysteries.
    Pretty sure Sexton was injured since the Dragons game until maybe 2-3 weeks ago

FYI Tweed are playing on Kayo at 1:15pm today. Bit of pre-titans entertainment.

The game will be the first Hampo Cup - honouring the late Liam Hampson, who played for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Fractured his wrist in that dragons game and spent 8 weeks in recovery unfortunately

But all the best to him

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    FYI Tweed are playing on Kayo at 1:15pm today. Bit of pre-titans entertainment.

The game will be the first Hampo Cup - honouring the late Liam Hampson, who played for both sides.
    20 year old JTS player Kaleb Ngamanu scores early.

Tom Weaver the 7, Spry right centre and Leeming at 9.