Page 85 of 102 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1527

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Members are at about 12500. Not sure where they got the 8k from.
    You know I love a fact-check

Thanks BT

@T where would that put us?

They did say that number wasn’t accurate but it still doesn’t raise our ranking lol
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    They did say that number wasn’t accurate but it still doesn’t raise our ranking lol

First Grader

I personally havnt spend another dollar towards the club after that dolphins game. I'll be nack on board next season though

Let's bring out a jersey with a picture of Madam Badger with a few choice words underneath and we will rocket to the top of merchandise sales.

It'd be more manly to have one of Vlandys. The buck stops with him.

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...d-affiliation/

Extension with Tweed but also strengthening the ties. Sounds like Tweed will be getting a lot more love from us, the Mitchell quote seems a shot at Burleigh.

The Gold Coast Titans and Tweed Seagulls will continue to work in tandem to grow and foster rugby league talent pathways on the Gold Coast and in the Northern Rivers areas, with the affiliation between both clubs to continue long term.

The Titans and Seagulls will work together until 2025 under the new agreement that will see Tweed continue to support elite pathways in both the male and female games.

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell says the partnership shows a commitment from both clubs to support local talent.

“Tweed Seagulls are an organisation with similar values to us, in that they believe in supporting local talent and giving those kids who grow up playing footy here on the Coast a place to play in their home region,” Mitchell said.

“For the first time, our affiliation with Tweed will include both men’s and women’s programs, speaking to the growth of the women’s game here on the Coast.

“Along with Seagulls, we will partner on an additional development officer for the region to ensure there is an increase in both coach education and player development in the region.

“Seagulls are a club with a rich history and a club that have always focussed on making sure that athletes in our region have the best chance to succeed.

“We’re thrilled to not only continue with Seagulls as an affiliate club, but to extend that affiliation out for another two seasons.”

Tweed Seagulls CEO Brendon Lindsay says he looks forward to growing the relationship between the two clubs even further.

“Partnering with the Gold Coast Titans makes sense to us and our community,” Lindsay said.

“One of our responsibilities is to connect community rugby league to the NRL and this new agreement will support our club in building strong male and female pathways for players and staff of the Northern Rivers and Gold Coast communities that lead directly to the Titans.

“We are also excited to be partnering with the Titans in an additional development resource that will support both of our clubs throughout our catchment areas.

The Gold Coast Titans and Tweed Seagulls will continue to work in tandem to grow and foster rugby league talent pathways on the Gold Coast and in the Northern Rivers areas, with the affiliation between both clubs to continue long term.

The Titans and Seagulls will work together until 2025 under the new agreement that will see Tweed continue to support elite pathways in both the male and female games.

“This investment further emphasises both organisations commitment to community rugby league.

“We look forward to continuing to build a strong relationship with the Titans that achieves both organisations’ goals.”
    Edit:

Ben Ikin and the NSWRL CEO met with head office this week asking for more money and sounds like it could potentially happen, QRL are getting 20m now and asking for 30m which would be for us and Cowboys coming into the comp while NSWRL are asking for 28m while getting 24 now. Both the NSWRL and QRL haven't had raises in 6 years.

Every club said no to a national reserve grade.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 09-08-23 at 10:34 AM.

Will there still be a cap for the amount of NRL contracted players a single club can field at once next year?

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Will there still be a cap for the amount of NRL contracted players a single club can field at once next year?
    At this stage there is yes

So we’re either going to need another feeder side or an exemption from QRL

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    At this stage there is yes

So we’re either going to need another feeder side or an exemption from QRL
    I am probably wrong but I thought the Cows put all their reserves only with the Blackhawks this year

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I am probably wrong but I thought the Cows put all their reserves only with the Blackhawks this year
    Correct WD they did with an exemption

Otherwise rule is max 5 in any given week I think

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    G'day WD, the cowboys actually had their fringe players playing for the Blackhawks this year...but the remainder of their squad were allocated to the Cutters and Northern Pride. Pretty smart set up!

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2023...r-club-update/

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    G'day WD, the cowboys actually had their fringe players playing for the Blackhawks this year...but the remainder of their squad were allocated to the Cutters and Northern Pride. Pretty smart set up!

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2023...r-club-update/
    Isn’t this just another way of saying that all their remaining top 30 went to the Blackhawks? Im not sure the distinction between “fringe” and remaining squad members is anything more than full time and not full time

And they were allowed more than the usual restricted 5 per week

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Isn’t this just another way of saying that all their remaining top 30 went to the Blackhawks? Im not sure the distinction between “fringe” and remaining squad members is anything more than full time and not full time

And they were allowed more than the usual restricted 5 per week
    Yep! (I didn't see your reply to WD earlier, HS.) The cowboys set this up under the new QRL adequate allocation rules. We could do the same. Hold some talks with Ipswich or whoever (pity the Capras are tangled up with the dolphins)...then load Tweed with our nrl "fringe players" and provide our other affiliates with "increased resources" and "financial commitment".

That's why I think the Cowboys set up is smart.

We have the business nous at our club to get this done imo.

First Grader

Thanks HS and Meno.

I thought that was the case but not quite sure. In effect it could end up as being our near to reserve grade team under another guise as Tweed. Sounds like a plan and using the Cows as the blueprint.