Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1527
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    https://www.maroonobserver.com/p/rev...d-coast-titans

Thought this was an interesting read. Doesn't hold back and speaks how majority felt throughout the season.
    Did GT101 write this?

First Grader

Holy **** that guys a flop lol, was he really trying to suggest we should embrace the NRLW side and make them the forefront of our identity? Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Holy **** that guys a flop lol, was he really trying to suggest we should embrace the NRLW side and make them the forefront of our identity? Unbelievable
    Would assume so.. I agree with some of the points made about the team but to suggest the main focus be the women's is outrageous. Unless the women go 11 in a row, I think it's an over-exaggeration.

First Grader

Would assume so.. I agree with some of the points made about the team but to suggest the main focus be the women's is outrageous. Unless the women go 11 in a row, I think it's an over-exaggeration.
    Hahaha yep, I'm all for the women's game being embraced but jesus christ if we tried to make them our main focus we would be even more of a laughing stock than we already are.

First Grader

It's the same as his Kyle Laybutt article, There's so much BS I don't know where to begin.

"We gave up as a club after Holbrook was fired".... That's all I had to read to know where it was heading. He's a clown and been very upset at us and Cowboys for wanting our systems in QRL while lying/ignorning so much more about the situations.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 05-10-23 at 10:47 PM.

First Grader

Leeming and Vuna confirmed as departing by the Titans twitter. Hate to talk badly about the guy but I’m relieved that we’re not wasting a roster spot on Vuna. I wonder if this means guys like Alick could be sticking around?

With 2 or three spots left to fill, a core of young guys emerging plus a handful of game-changers then you’d have to think Des and some recruitment smarts can drive us upwards. Alick surely gets a spot.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    With 2 or three spots left to fill, a core of young guys emerging plus a handful of game-changers then you’d have to think Des and some recruitment smarts can drive us upwards. Alick surely gets a spot.
    Doesn't Alick have the option to play for 24?

Doesn't Alick have the option to play for 24?
    Pretty sure it's a club option. I hope Des sees his quality. I feel that if Alick and/or his manager weren't given a little heads up...there would be a fair few rumours about other clubs chasing him.

He'd go well with Des' influence.

First Grader

I would hope we would get 1 top liner in the spots left. We would appear to have the funds if we were prepared to go after Hunt.

Having all spots filled by only depth or emerging players is not going to help compete against the top sides

On Hunt, I think the Dragons are still trying to find a replacement solution that allows him to leave. IMO you just can't have a captain/leader of the club saying what he's saying to the media and expect the playing group/supporter base/stakeholders to be okay with it. I know Flanno and Hunt himself have come out saying he's at the Dragons next year, but to me that just seems like the easiest way to stop the media circus around the club which impacts their ability to recruit and have a focused playing group in the meantime

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    On Hunt, I think the Dragons are still trying to find a replacement solution that allows him to leave. IMO you just can't have a captain/leader of the club saying what he's saying to the media and expect the playing group/supporter base/stakeholders to be okay with it. I know Flanno and Hunt himself have come out saying he's at the Dragons next year, but to me that just seems like the easiest way to stop the media circus around the club which impacts their ability to recruit and have a focused playing group in the meantime
    Insightful perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Question also is do we have the funds after the Tino and Fifita upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Question also is do we have the funds after the Tino and Fifita upgrades?
    I think we would have. We could probably get him a bit cheaper I think at a guess.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Yeah I’d expect we’d have the money, Hunt’s also in a position where he desperately wants to get out/ return to QLD and we seem to be the only club interested so if he has to take a bit less money I’m sure he would. Tino also seems to be one of the biggest advocates for bringing him here, I’m sure the club would’ve told him if him taking a larger salary would stop us from being able to get Hunt.