Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1527
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Keano interviewed after receiving Duncan Hall medal for MOTM

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2023/09/...er-keano-kini/
    HS

What are your thoughts of Kino olaying 5/8. I do recall he played some football at schoolboy level in the 6 but in limited circumstances. He just has an unbelievable skillset he could play well at both 1 and 6. He is also very tough and build wise, it may be easier to adjust than JC in the halves

Anyone get an invite to the awards dinner tonight?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    HS

What are your thoughts of Kino olaying 5/8. I do recall he played some football at schoolboy level in the 6 but in limited circumstances. He just has an unbelievable skillset he could play well at both 1 and 6. He is also very tough and build wise, it may be easier to adjust than JC in the halves
    Yeah it's a good shout WD. I think there's a good chance he'll at least train there. Whether it's this off-season or down the line I'm not sure. When he played there for the Titans 17's a few years back he did struggle a bit with the front-line defensive load, and went away from his natural game - but he was only a 16 year old at the time. You're right that his skillset is one that is transferrable.

The biggest thing IMO with Keano outside of developing physically (and better handling the defensive side of the things), is the game slowing down for him. It's already happening at Qcup and he's a different player at that level now than he was at the start of the season. It'll happen at NRL level too. I think as a 5/8 at NRL level you have to have that part of your game matured a bit.

With the way he plays across the park as a #1 - as in out the back of shape on both sides, and playing through the middle - plus his high volume of carries and skill involvements, says to me that he prob brings the most value at fullback for the immediate future. But I could say the same thing about JC really. Definitely good food for thought.

Moe winning the PB medal for a second time is really special. He is such a humble guy off the field, and an absolute beast on field. He truly does deserve it. I hope this is a sign that we see him resigned on Nov 1st too! He also took out the player's player as well.
    AKP won Rookie of the year, and it is deserved. Hope to see him win the Dally M rookie too. Randall getting a shout with the Coaches award is deserved, what a season he had.

For the women, Shannon Mato won both the Player's player and Player of the year award just like Moe did. And she absolutely deserves it ! Absolute tank on the field. This is her second consecutive one too (POTY) !Georgia Hale won the Coaches award for the second consecutive year also, and rightfully so. Great leader on and off the field.
    Super stoked to see Kiria-Ratu win rookie of the year for the women's. No doubt she deserves it after slotting in and taking control immediately. Her kicking game is insane. Steph Hancock winning The Preston is huge ! The amount of effort she puts into the community for women's rugby league goes unmatched. A well deserved recipient.

Fifita and Evania Pelite won the Member's MVP award; Felt like it could've gone to a few members of each squad, but am glad that these two are rewarded with some high club honours with just how much work and effort they put in. Pelite with her second consecutive one too!

Would like to give the club huge wraps for honouring our All abilities, IDRL and PDRL players on a special night like this. Huge congrats to Ryley Alexander (All Abilities), Angelo Steele (IDRL) & Cameron Cullen (PDRL) for taking out their respective player of the year awards too ! Good to see our community engagement at a high.

Awesome to see Jayde receive the Outstanding Achievement Award. For those who don't know, Jayde Lincoln is a massive part of coordinating all our events and corporate hospo. She works at 110% to deliver the best for all involved, and in person she is very humble and kind. She also played a massive part in raising funds for Joseph Pouniu, and is a super women all round.

Lastly, shout out to our Netball girls! Congratulations to Jess Milne (Sapphire series) and Shanee Grant (Ruby team) on winning their respective Player of the year awards. Both netball teams played outstandingly this year, and were super fun to watch live on the occasions I could make it to a game.

On a side note though, I was a bit disappointed that as a 10+ year member that I yet again did not receive an email / invitation to the awards ceremony. Each year I have not once received any sort of email or invite. If I wasn't a young fella in 07 living in Coffs, I would've 110% been an inaugural member. But, I can't dwell. This club is and still will be what keeps me going. Hopefully one year I will get to attend it, Seems like a genuinely good event to be apart of.

Moral of the story - Resign Moe, cheer on the girls to a GF berth this sunday, and as always, Trust the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsy View Post
    On a side note though, I was a bit disappointed that as a 10+ year member that I yet again did not receive an email / invitation to the awards ceremony. Each year I have not once received any sort of email or invite. If I wasn't a young fella in 07 living in Coffs, I would've 110% been an inaugural member. But, I can't dwell. This club is and still will be what keeps me going. Hopefully one year I will get to attend it, Seems like a genuinely good event to be apart of.
    Been a member since day 1. Never had an invite. TBH I didn’t know the opportunity was ever there for an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Been a member since day 1. Never had an invite. TBH I didn’t know the opportunity was ever there for an invite.
    That is insane mate... I wonder what we'd have to do to get access? it's hard when even asking the club what else can be done to be more involved. I've just been told that there's no new opportunities to be more involved with. I've asked this for about 5 seasons straight (not including covid years); and each time it is the same answer. But it's not turning me away from the club whatsoever. I just want to be acknowledged as a member and dedicated fan at least once, but it is what it is and we keep supporting and loving the team.
    Last edited by Appsy; 21-09-23 at 08:40 AM.

Rep Player

Who does everyone reckon will be our starting lock next year? Liu, Randall? I’m gonna say Palasia.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Who does everyone reckon will be our starting lock next year? Liu, Randall? I’m gonna say Palasia.
    This is what I hope is the make up of or forwards next season.
    Lock Tino.

Forward Pack off :
    8. Mo
    9. Verrills
    10. Jolliffe
    11. Fermour
    12. D Fifita
    13. Tino

Bench
    14. Randall
    15 Palasia
    16 Hass
    17 Stimson.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

I never really understood the Tino at lock thing. He’s a pure prop for me. How can you play lock when you don’t have any ball playing ability?

First Grader

8. Mo
    9. Verrills
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Randall/Palasia
    14. JC/Kini
    15. Jolliffe
    16. Palasia/ Randall
    17. Haas

I don’t like Randall at 14 as it means he’d have to cover some hooker. We have seen this year how important it is to have some coverage for the backs on the bench so that would be JC or Kini, depending on the makeup of the starting 13.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    8. Mo
    9. Verrills
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Randall/Palasia
    14. JC/Kini
    15. Jolliffe
    16. Palasia/ Randall
    17. Haas

I don’t like Randall at 14 as it means he’d have to cover some hooker. We have seen this year how important it is to have some coverage for the backs on the bench so that would be JC or Kini, depending on the makeup of the starting 13.
    I think Randall is more of a Des style tacklebot hooker so wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting 9 over Verrills

Our bench options are still minus at least one more big body for impact and we will again face the drop off in consistency during the rotation. I think Hasler will consider Liu or even Stimson over Haas and as much as I’d like to fit both JC and Kini in I feel that Hasler will be more defensively oriented, starting Randall and benching Verrills for impact. Hopefully he will sign somebody. My personal interest is in the development of AKP, Liyou and Pahulu.
    Last edited by Titanic; 21-09-23 at 10:22 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think Randall is more of a Des style tacklebot hooker so wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting 9 over Verrills
    Works for two reasons imo

Takes the sting out of the game for Verrills to really open up the forwards and also protects Verrills from the harder hits at the beginning of games maybe saving him injury time

Congratulations to Shannon Mato and David Fifita for winning NRLW Prop of the year and NRL Second-Rower of the year respectively!! Huge achievements for both who keep bringing the good fight and showing what it means to be a Titan!

Also massive congratulations too Karyn Murphy too for taking out NRLW Coach of the year. A true trailblazer for women's rugby league, and a well deserved recipient. Her speech was the longest of the night too which I do find the humor in a bit

Congratulations to Murphy, Mato and Difita for their respective gongs. Was very impressed by Dale Finucane’s moving rendition of Simply the Best.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.