Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Default 2023 Season General Discussion Thread

Hi All,

Let's use this thread for general discussion about the Titans 2023 Season.

Ladder position, coaching discussion, general questions, week to week chat and anything else that doesn't fit into the other dedicated threads on here.

Extremely sad news overnight with the passing of Liam Hampson during a trip through Europe with Brimmo and some other friends. He was one of AJ’s best friends and close with other members of our NRL squad.

Some of your might remember Liam who attended Keebra Park, played for Tweed through the Qcup, and most recently played with the Redcliffe Dolphins. A great footballer and by all accounts a terrific young bloke.

Cannot imagine what those boys who were with Liam, and his family, are going through right now. Just devastating.

RIP.

Agree HS very Sad times for the Boys travelling with him and also his family

RIP

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Agree HS very Sad times for the Boys travelling with him and also his family

RIP
    A sad reminder that "living the dream" can turn very quickly. His parents, family and friends must be devastated. Never an appropriate word in shocking events like this......

In relation to the World Cup, do we think the 84-0 score line this morning invalidates having 16 teams (4x4) in the tournament?
    It's currently 24 Group games followed by finals, taking five weeks.

If there were 12 teams (4 groups of 3), we could halve the number of group games and shave off a week from the tournament and improve the quality.

Banned

That makes sense

Couldn't agree more ... reduce the Cup comp and increase the international calendar to bring those nations up to par ... I suggest NRL clubs "adapt" a nation.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Anyone watched NZ’s last 2 games? From what I’ve read on reddit they’ve looked clunky the last 2 games and people are looking forward to Hughes being back in. Makes me a bit nervous for our hopes of Foran at 7.

Foran is not a 7.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

This is exactly why I’d go with a halves pairing of sexton and Foran. Sexton has a great kicking game and also shift AJ to centre and play a Joey manu type of role and he is also a strong defender. He showed in origin when he locked down turbo at centre and with him and jojo in the centres we will definitely strengthen our defence.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    This is exactly why I’d go with a halves pairing of sexton and Foran. Sexton has a great kicking game and also shift AJ to centre and play a Joey manu type of role and he is also a strong defender. He showed in origin when he locked down turbo at centre and with him and jojo in the centres we will definitely strengthen our defence.
    Yeah maybe that could work, I was originally on the AJ to centre train but after his last few games this year I think he needs to be getting the ball as much as he can. If we play him at centre the coaching and execution from Foran and Sexton would have to be top notch to get him involved enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    If we a playing someone not named AJ in the halves it will be Boyd not Sexton.

Hey all, I know we usually have a dedicated pre-season thread so I wanted to ask if you would find it more beneficial/easier to navigate if we either:

a) just consolidated all general pre-season questions/discussion/etc. into this General Discussion thread
    b) had a dedicated pre-season thread as usual

Easy enough either way, just let me know which you'd all prefer

HS - I think just consolidate it all into a)

It's like the rumours, signing thread, is the main thread for all the new Titans news (even if it's not directly related to signings).

a) for me consolidated all into one