Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I was referring to the 3 games as of the current season not when he joined the Irish. I was not referring only to WWOS article as you have incorrectly assumed but their are numerous other London articles about the situation that evolved. The fact is, which is substantiated contrary to your misinformed view is that he went AWOL from his contractual obligations after just 3 games into the season to seek opportunities elsewhere. In addition he failed to return phone calls from the club as well as from his team mates. In fact in a London media article, his coach on the day he was released did not know what was happening and thought he was still part of the squad. This was in the coaches media conference at 10.45am and he was released at 4.00pm that day.

I dont resile from the fact that it was pretty poor form to fail to meet your current contractual obligations to seek other opportunities unbeknown to the club after just 3 games into the season.
    "Has a reputation for not sticking around at clubs" is sounding like more and more of a reach from you now isn't it?

WD, yet again you're showcasing your ability to observe limited information, interpret it in a way that's convenient for your agenda, and then regurgitating your preferred version as if it's indisputable fact. You're filling in gaps in reported information with your own assumptions that suit whatever point it is you're trying to make, and as a result you're again just drawing false conclusions.

It's ok to admit you could be wrong, mate. Or just ill-informed. No big deal.

If you want to continue this chat just PM me. It's derailing the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think he's going to make a career for himself as an impenetrable defensive centre. Watching him this year, he made the right read 9 times out of 10 and has those finer details down, like wrapping up the ball and preventing the grounding. He's exactly what we've always needed and what we've never had.
    Young outside backs so often come into the league with a heap of attacking prowess but struggle with a lot of the defensive demands. For a 19 year old with limited RL experience, Jojo is really an anomaly in that respect. He'll only get better too.

I've been nervous for a while about his contract status because we seem to have a habit of extending prematurely but have somehow let Jojo drag out to two weeks before November 1 when he can hit the market. Really hope something gets done soon.

Cameron Ferguson from Sea Eagles is our new Head of Physical Performance.

Anyone know anything about him?

Just a thought why don’t we try sign Bateman and play Fifita at lock with Clarke off the bench

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Just a thought why don’t we try sign Bateman and play Fifita at lock with Clarke off the bench
    This is ridiculous

Keen to see how Foran goes in the world cup can't wait to see the impact he'll have on the rest of our side next year

I thought Foran was ok this morning but not great. It looked like the Kiwis took Lebanon too lightly.

Atkins wasn't good either. Of the three games I've watched so far, Klein and Atkins have been outshone by the pommy ref who did the Kangaroos v Fiji (Kendall, I think). I have a a feeling the Aussie refs have been conditioned into Vlandysball.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Fifita is a below average defender with a questionable motor. There's no way he plays lock.

After losing some depth in the forwards with ESE Ese, Wallace and Proctor even though most of us are happy to see the last two gone we still need some depth. I understand we have some good young guys coming through but we are probably two nrl standard forwards short I feel. A few names that are off contract after this season are Kobe Hetherington, Teig Wilton, Hame Sele, David Klemmer and Egan Butcher. I think Kobe would be the pick of the bunch and can start lock with Clarke on the bench to strengthen that defensive line. A line up of 1. Campbell 2. Marzhew 3. Fifita 4. Brimson 5.Sami 6. Foran 7. Sexton/ Boyd 8. Mo 9.Verrills 10. Tino 11. Fermor 12.Fifita 13.Hetherington 14. Clarke 15. Joliffe 16.Haas 17. Liu

Is Klemmer actually free? He seemed pretty good when he was playing this year.
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

First Grader

I think Kobe would be a good pick up, really hits hard defensively. Bring Clarke on with fast footwork to get quick ptb once the forwards tire abit. I like it

Nathan Brown would be a good get imo seems like parra are keen to get rid of him so there could be the possibility they’ll be willing to chip in for some of his salary next year as mentioned above we are really light for middle forwards in our squad I’ve been pretty surprised they haven’t signed anyone that will replace the dead wood middles we’ve moved on from this year.

As long as our recruitment guys don't confuse the Browns then I would definitely take the Parra player version and not the Parra "nepotism" whistle blower version.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I agree a subsidised Nathan Brown would be a good depth middle signing.

Banned

I think we might get Cooper Johns