Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2162
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    I’d also start tightening integration with the GCRL and make the league a premier a grade league

Yes please! Currumbin vs tugun is so good to go

One thing I’m going to enjoy with dessy is he know how to build a siege mentality and right now it looks like the nrl are against us the qrl are against us and it’s titans vs the world

Let’s get these bastards next year ��

It’s so ridiculous that we have the best schools system in the country, one of the best pathways and our senior squad on the verge of being seriously competitive and our clowns allow themselves to be blindsided by: our own players, by one of the pillars of the GC league landscape and the QRL. WTF!!!

I don’t understand why there isn’t more angst. This is not about selection or losing, it’s about the fabric of our sport. I have emailed the Club expressing my complete dismay and I’m expecting an explanation. I suggest you all do too, we are owed that.
    Last edited by Titanic; 07-07-23 at 11:09 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It’s so ridiculous that we have the best schools system in the country, one of the best pathways and our senior squad on the verge of being seriously competitive and our clowns allow themselves to be blindsided by: our own players, by one of the pillars of the GC league landscape and the QRL. WTF!!!

I don’t understand why there isn’t more angst. This is not about selection or losing, it’s about the fabric of our sport. I have emailed the Club expressing my complete dismay and I’m expecting an explanation. I suggest you all do too, we are owed that.
    Big thing for me T is where the accountability actually ends up. I know that Steve Mitchell will naturally cop it because he's the CEO and the one who fronts up. But for mine, these are all football department issues - affiliate relationships, the failed attempt at a Qcup team of their own, even as far as player contracts. None of us really know exactly where the responsibility lies and to an extent I'm sure it's shared across various personnel, but there is a common denominator in where we're not executing well.

We need a far more capable Head of Football/GM of Football, IMO.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Big thing for me T is where the accountability actually ends up. I know that Steve Mitchell will naturally cop it because he's the CEO and the one who fronts up. But for mine, these are all football department issues - affiliate relationships, the failed attempt at a Qcup team of their own, even as far as player contracts. None of us really know exactly where the responsibility lies and to an extent I'm sure it's shared across various personnel, but there is a common denominator in where we're not executing well.

We need a far more capable Head of Football/GM of Football, IMO.
    Is that Laffranchi at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Is that Laffranchi at the moment?
    Yes.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

I'm not going to get to worked up on articles done by Badel, Meyn and Buzz. Everything is indicating that they are happy, The clauses are a joke though and the football department needs an ass whooping. I know we don't want Des near the books though.

I blame the QRL and ARL for the reserve grade team crap, we're being used and sacrificed between those organisations. It's disgraceful from the QRL imo and then Ben Ikins comments are a complete joke on the matter.

Cowboys are lucky there's no one else in those areas up there because they went even harder at these QRL teams then we did and withdrew everyone early and didn't care about either Blackhawks or Cutters really. We both obviously got the indication it was going ahead but we never stopped treating Burleigh with a lot of respect so I'm a bit off Burleigh as well but they'll probably suffer more then anyone losing out on our talent.

I reckon there will be more to come on this, This absolutely cooks us and Cowboys and QRL probably doesn't want us both offside.

Wayne Bennett re Tino and Dave -

“They might not agree with the decision (to sack Holbrook) but as players it’s not their issue. Just do your job and play football,” he said.

“I don’t believe in those clauses. I have seen too many situations over the years where players say if the coach goes, we won’t be there … but they end up staying.

“How many other clubs out there can pay the type of money those two boys are on anyway?

“There might be one or two desperate clubs, but I think the clause is a furphy to be honest.

“That clause is put in to make everyone feel good at the time of signing the deal, but I haven’t seen any player leave just because a coach is sacked.

“The whole thing is a myth. I don’t believe they will leave the Titans.”

https://www.codesports.com.au/nrl/wa...5fb92869f533b9

First Grader

Thank god for that, I cant see either of them moving outside QLD and Broncos obviously can’t afford them so that’s good for us
    Last edited by Titslover; 08-07-23 at 03:58 PM.

Ahem,........Bennet forgot about Hunt?

First Grader

He would say the same thing about Hunt 100%, We were only bought up because we're playing them and I'm sure Meyn and Badel are sniffing for anything the rats. I'm pretty those to have only written about Tinos contract this whole origin period.

I love you Wayne. the man of reason among this madness.

I think Buzz's lack of attention to detail early ( 'their contract is null and void' ) set ricky off to say hes offered Dave $4M for 4 years, but now that it has come out they have to activate that clause and are in fact contracted players... Ricky stepping back those comments to say IF DAVID was to available...

I think we might get out of this one ok, but its been a sick feeling

Beware the Broncos when it comes to DF and Tino. I feel they will try and add to the mayhem of it all.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

There is absolutely no comfort to be had from anything Bennett says. This is rugby league the sport where contracts mean nothing, hand shakes mean nothing and brown paper bags are the norm. Speaking with a forked tongue is a necessary skill for coaches, administrators, agents and players … I am suspicious of the whole goddamned lot until it is publicly resolved.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

did we let the wrong one go

referring to Sexton. Been outstanding for the Dogs tonight.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 08-07-23 at 09:02 PM.