Page 7 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Good move by the club. Lisone peaked the first year he was here and then probably realised your body doesn't like smacking the ball up that hard week after week.

Lisone leaving gives us three spots left in the 30 on my count.

Just saw the Roosters have signed Turpin. That's a good call for him. Not sure if we were ever interested.

At the moment we're relying on Boyd, Sam Mac and possibly Clarke as hooker depth. I wish Sam Verills the very best of health for 2023 and beyond.

Tamou officially announced a Cowboy too. I think Marty Taupau is our only good middle option left.

If we lose Jojo, I'll need some counselling.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    So we have lost Wallace, Lisone and Ese'Ese, who are their replacements?
    Nope, four depth forwards (how quickly Proctor jumped off the radar) with all being liabilities. I don’t want anything to do with Taupau. Tino, Mofo, Jolliffe and Sammy Mac do it for me with the emerging brigade fighting for backrow/lock positions. Fifita, Haas, Stimson, Clark and JB’s lad getting first bites. Players like Alick, mini Tino and the high school graduates provide the next level. I’d also have a good close look at the Kumuls for a hard running, no frills middle and Ipape.
    Last edited by Titanic; 24-10-22 at 09:19 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

They are smart choices letting those players go but right now our development middles dont even start for Qcup. Maybe Allick is considered a middle too, Stimson can atleast get to A defender faster than all those 3 players let go.

Anyone know how Jai Whitbread is going in England? Just out of curiosity.

great pickup titanic about proctor totally agree

Alick was ok at lock for PNG against the Tongan pack. He's definitely got potential. I'd love to sign Ipape - what a player!

What's wrong with Taupau, Titanic?

Taupau is pretty bad these days

If it was 2014 then I'd be keen for sure

Not worth a cheap one-year deal for depth? If not, I think Josh Kerr is available and a pretty good human being by the sounds of it. A subsidised Nathan Brown could do it too.

Tommy Talau might be the only outside back left on the shelf for next year.

Without buy-ins, we might have to upgrade Liyou, Francis and Iszac F into the 30 a year earlier.

Young Pahulu has had some year. Too early for a Dev contract for him?

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Not worth a cheap one-year deal for depth? If not, I think Josh Kerr is available and a pretty good human being by the sounds of it. A subsidised Nathan Brown could do it too.

Tommy Talau might be the only outside back left on the shelf for next year.

Without buy-ins, we might have to upgrade Liyou, Francis and Iszac F into the 30 a year earlier.

Young Pahulu has had some year. Too early for a Dev contract for him?
    Those development contracted players are NRL eligible after round 11. I think we're a fair way away from needing to upgrade them to the 30 and use them earlier. Keep in mind there's still plenty of time between now and when the top 30 needs to be finalised.

Pahulu is IMO good enough for a Dev Contract but we didn't have the room so he's still on a JTS contract and doing pre-season with the NRL along with a bunch of others for '23. I would assume he'll be on a Dev contract come 2024 (and has hopefully already signed one).

Any word on who our train and trial players are this pre season?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

What's wrong with Taupau, Titanic?
    In my opinion he never quite met expectations and more recently has become largely an ineffective bench warmer. He would be a backward move I think.

First Grader

No thanks to taupau. Watch Samoa's first game of the world cup

Thanks Titanic. I know you're keen on Nathan Brown but what about Josh Kerr?

To be fair Upthe, there were plenty in the Samoan side that played beneath themselves in that game. But I know Marty isn't what he used to be but I'm keen on a depth player with experience. He used to be one of the better middles in the game. I wouldn't be paying him that price, just the minimum to keep him in the NRL. Are there better options?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Three depth players really with two being liabilities and one who showed he's capable only when playing for a contract, so I'm hoping they just hold those few spots open until someone of value becomes available. Keep in mind that Clark is moving to the middle and there is 2x middles coming into the equation on development contracts too who may be in consideration toward the end of the season. Stimson can play middle as a depth option too. As can Klese.

I don't expect them to sign three middles to replace them. Maybe two, but they've gotta be the right fit.
    100% agree. We won't miss these guys much at all. None moved the needle except Ese' Ese when he was playing to put food on the table.

Someone will want to unload a decent middle and pay some freight for the privilege between now and March next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Good move by the club. Lisone peaked the first year he was here and then probably realised your body doesn't like smacking the ball up that hard week after week.
    Exactly, his runs off the back fence probably weren't sustainable and he was one of the worst lateral middle defenders in the NRL. He also could only play 20 or so minutes a game with any impact at most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Anyone know how Jai Whitbread is going in England? Just out of curiosity.
    He was awful for us. No thanks

Thanks Titanic. I know you're keen on Nathan Brown but what about Josh Kerr?
    As a depth signing we could certainly do worse MT.