Page 114 of 145 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2162

Any idea on how things are progressing with Tweed? Can they be our reserve grade side and play our guys the way we want them played? Something has to give in QCup.

After a weekend of misery after that Roosters game, I'll try and be a bit positive. Kini and Weaver look like good things and they'll earn their spots if and when they make it. The good news is that we have spine options and not a lot of clubs have the options we have.

I'm happy with the Des signing and Holbrook had to go. Sure it would have been better if he went earlier in the year (or last year) but the same clauses would have come into play. I don't think we could have tried the integrity approach by talking openly with everyone about it - it would have leaked and could have blown up worse privately and publicly.

The Sexton move was win/win for everyone concerned. JC will be a staple for years yet and I think Dave and Tino will end up staying.

Des, Palasia and Fermor will add a lot and our pop-gun bench is hopefully a thing of the past.

Personally, I feel for Alick who hasn't been given the opportunity to make the defensive errors Klese makes. Klese may well come good but can't he make those errors for Tweed?

I imagine what Bellamy and Old Man Eastwood would do with our squad and feel hopeful about what Des can do. His first external issue will be standing up to the officials though, calling them out and paying fines.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Any idea on how things are progressing with Tweed? Can they be our reserve grade side and play our guys the way we want them played? Something has to give in QCup.

After a weekend of misery after that Roosters game, I'll try and be a bit positive. Kini and Weaver look like good things and they'll earn their spots if and when they make it. The good news is that we have spine options and not a lot of clubs have the options we have.

I'm happy with the Des signing and Holbrook had to go. Sure it would have been better if he went earlier in the year (or last year) but the same clauses would have come into play. I don't think we could have tried the integrity approach by talking openly with everyone about it - it would have leaked and could have blown up worse privately and publicly.

The Sexton move was win/win for everyone concerned. JC will be a staple for years yet and I think Dave and Tino will end up staying.

Des, Palasia and Fermor will add a lot and our pop-gun bench is hopefully a thing of the past.

Personally, I feel for Alick who hasn't been given the opportunity to make the defensive errors Klese makes. Klese may well come good but can't he make those errors for Tweed?

I imagine what Bellamy and Old Man Eastwood would do with our squad and feel hopeful about what Des can do. His first external issue will be standing up to the officials though, calling them out and paying fines.
    The best thing des will bring is the ear of the media. He always has them eating out of his hands

Rep Player

Kelly extended to end of 2026

First Grader

That probably kills off AJ moving to centre, Kelly has his weaknesses but he does a lot of really good things, Hopefully Des can give him some defensive IQ. I think it's also important to have someone in the team from the Northern Rivers for representation.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Not a fan of the length of this deal at all, but we have poor depth at centre and few propects coming through that will be possible first graders. Kelly is usually way more rocks than diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    What a shame we are happy with mediocrity

Don’t like the length of that deal

We’ve seen this movie before with BK and his form in contract years

2026 is excessive unless the $’s are team friendly to the point he’s not a cap deadweight as a roster body eventually. In that case, it’s understandable (for the reasons Birdman mentioned)

He’s been a lot better this year than the last two. But he also had his career best season the year he was off-contract last time.

Kelly is fine but only fine

His defence has been better this year though imo

I like this signing. Kelly plays with effort. We need more of it.

The club: We can't stay silent, we need to give the fans some good news. Lets re-sign BK, everbody loves BK

Fans: Are you joking?

The club: We can't win with these guys, hummppffff

I am not devastated by BK's extension although 2026 does seem an eternity away ... he plays hard, wouldn't be getting too much, can find the line as well as being prone to brain flatulance. Our depth at centre is paper-thin with only Schoupp, Jojo, dare I say it Sami or possibly AJ/JC so we need to have somebody with experience plus Dessie knows what he's getting and would have signed-off on him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Last contract year Kelly killed it

A year too long that deal

Does Des have anything to do with our signings yet? I ask because I thought BK was dropped and eventually let go by Manly when Des was coach.

I'm indifferent about this signing, maybe a year too long though.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 26-07-23 at 03:29 PM.

Yeah not happy about this one.

Doesn't look like we're getting Parker. I imagine BK is a depth signing for Des.